Did I make mistake?

8 hours ago, arithai12 said:

This program/app already exists, it's called Outlook (or endless variations on Unix, Mac, Android, etc). You put in a date, and when you want to be reminded. It is also possible to use a pen on a paper calendar, or marker on a whiteboard, or a well-trained parrot.

There were end-less programs, including marker, whiteboard, etc., doing similar things before the first version of Outlook came out.

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

You will never ever get any favours from Thai immigration regarding money if you are in the wrong in any way, or even if they think you are in the wrong, You are nothing more than a walking ATM to them. 

I think it is the same throughout the world.

21 hours ago, SignUp said:

I went in KL for visa run on 23.1 and they gave me visa until 23.4 when is my

It's not the visa expiration that matters. Look at the stamp you got from immigrations at the airport or border. when you entered the country.  It should show admitted until  .... 

You should have been admitted for 60 days (assuming you got a tourist visa), and by then either have applied for an extension or left the country.

As others have said, go to immigrations and sort it out as soon as you can.

Another example of the importance of understanding the difference between a visa and a permission to stay/extension of stay. 

Edited by Suradit69

23 hours ago, onera1961 said:

Best advice is to stay put from now until April 17. On 17th morning, take the MRT from Rama 9 to Chatuchak and take a taxi to Changwatana. Arrive before 8AM. Pay the fine, extend it for 30 days and become 100% legit.

I am planning to write an app that will start reminding people (two weeks before) when their stay will be over, when 90-day reporting is due, when extension is due, etc. What do you think of the demand for such an app?

Any suggestion for a name?

Are you sure that the 30 day extension will start the day you pay your overstay fine.

I suspect that you may find that you will be fined for the overstay and the 30 day extension will start the day your original permission to stay ended. If that is the case then the sooner you pay your overstay the cheaper it will be. So the extension is likely to be until 25th April total cost 12,900, 22 days overstay + 1,900 extension.

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Are you sure that the 30 day extension will start the day you pay your overstay fine.

I suspect that you may find that you will be fined for the overstay and the 30 day extension will start the day your original permission to stay ended. If that is the case then the sooner you pay your overstay the cheaper it will be. So the extension is likely to be until 25th April total cost 12,900, 22 days overstay + 1,900 extension.

That is one of the reasons I suggested a border hop for a visa exempt entry might be a better option. Having paid the fine, you get a full 30 days, besides it being cheaper.

On 4/13/2018 at 4:07 PM, onera1961 said:

Best advice is to stay put from now until April 17. On 17th morning, take the MRT from Rama 9 to Chatuchak and take a taxi to Changwatana. Arrive before 8AM. Pay the fine, extend it for 30 days and become 100% legit.

I am planning to write an app that will start reminding people (two weeks before) when their stay will be over, when 90-day reporting is due, when extension is due, etc. What do you think of the demand for such an app?

Any suggestion for a name?

TVF Overstay Alert ??

12 minutes ago, SignUp said:

Someone before mentioned to go immigration office on tuesday.. was that because you expect a lot of people on monday so to avoid it or? (on google, it says that gov complex opens on monday)

They will be closed tomorrow the 16th. Perhaps you found something about previous years.

6 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

How will your app calculate 90 day reports if leaving the Country before the 90 day period, re-entering 3 weeks later and your report date automatically changes.

56 minutes ago, SignUp said:

Someone before mentioned to go immigration office on tuesday.. was that because you expect a lot of people on monday so to avoid it or? (on google, it says that gov complex opens on monday)

not open monday so that's another 500 baht. you see where brit tim was coming from with his suggestion. should have had that sorted by now and you'd have paid less and had full 30 days stamp

6 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

How will your app calculate 90 day reports if leaving the Country before the 90 day period, re-entering 3 weeks later and your report date automatically changes.

sorry, was not my post, I was just suggesting a name for the App..............:wai:

10 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

User needs to scan the entry stamp every time. App will keep track of all entries (and departures also to give false alert about reporting when the person is not inside Thailand).

On 4/14/2018 at 12:31 PM, possum1931 said:

You will never ever get any favours from Thai immigration regarding money if you are in the wrong in any way, or even if they think you are in the wrong, You are nothing more than a walking ATM to them. 

I actually think that any attempt is blocked by those higher up, and it is written in tablets of stone, not to show leniency towards overstays.

If they granted the Immigration.Officers this kind of leeway where cash is concerned, it would surely be abused with claims they allowed foreigners off with the fines when they didn't.

On occasions, we are talking big lumps of money here depending on the length of overstay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I actually think that any attempt is blocked by those higher up, and it is written in tablets of stone, not to show leniency towards overstays.

If they granted the Immigration.Officers this kind of leeway where cash is concerned, it would surely be abused with claims they allowed foreigners off with the fines when they didn't.

On occasions, we are talking big lumps of money here depending on the length of overstay.

I really think it out of the IO hands

He /she has to fine the over stayer due to the stamp dates in the passport not lining up