Trump orders strikes against Syria over chemical weapons attack

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said a second research facility was also struck in Damascus, in addition to a third in the Homs area, and five military bases and depots used by elite army divisions in the Mezzeh area of Damascus.

A senior official in the regional alliance that supports President Bashar al-Assad said the attack by the United States, Britain and France would be viewed as contained if it was now over. "If it is finished, and there is no second round, it will be considered limited," the official told Reuters.

In other words, since all the targets that were predetermined and agreed upon by both the allies and the Russians have been hit by missiles, there will be no more action taken. All this is being carefully orchestrated so there will be no Russian casualties.

So did this distraction work or not?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, samran said:

So let me get this straight - 17 kids get shot up in Florida a couple of months after a bunch more get mowed down in Las Vegas...and nothing happens.

But something happens in one of these ‘shithole’ countries and he moves the 6th fleet into position? 

Where are the tin foil hatters when you need them? You’ve got a ‘globalist’ as a president fellas. One who said he wanted out of Syria is now up to his neck in it. 

Oh yeah, and he just said he wanted to rejoin the TPP...

Allies against chemical weapons being used by a government on their own people,  UK France  USA

April 12,"American TV network NBC has quoted US officials as saying that blood and urine samples from the victims of Saturday’s attack showed traces chlorine and a nerve agent, and that US intelligence had other evidence pointing to the Syrian regime’s culpability, which would be presented to the president.

The reports echo a statement by the French president, Emmanuel Macron, who said earlier today that his government had “proof” that the government of Bashar al-Assad was responsible for the attack".

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2018/apr/12/uk-russia-tensions-rise-over-syria-attack-and-salisbury-poisoning-live-updates?page=with:block-5acf9f39e4b0d501a38c5996#block-5acf9f39e4b0d501a38c5996

46 minutes ago, BuriramSam said:

Bad move. The US should just get out. Regional conflict, regional solution.

But that's the US government. Always some reason to go to war.

I would have to question if this was indeed the decision of the "US government"? the crackpot "tin hat/foil brigade" would say its the "deep state" while the sheeple will believe??? fill in the blanks....

3 hours ago, vogie said:

So what happened to the impregnable Russian defence systems, one of the most sophisticated systems in the world.

images (2).jpeg

That's a good point. Ought to be pointed out that this was also the case on previous instances. Whether it implies the Russians being weary of escalating things, or reluctant to exhibit system's performance (this could be interpreted as either covering up deficiencies or avoiding exposure of capabilities) remains a matter of speculation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

The next question is, what will the retaliatory targets be, if indeed they are to be any?

I was impressed that the French Rafaels were from France with refuelling on route.

May of course sent 4 old Tornados out of Cyprus.

Wouldnt surprise me is Russia's response to this "tokenism" was a token cruise missile attack on Akrotiri. GCHQ will be delighted if their station gets hit.

Why did the UK not use submarine launched cruise missiles?

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CGW said:

Exactly! is this another "false flag" as there are no FACTS being given - yet again how do we know?

To follow the above "logic" - (a) there are no facts being given (b) how do we know? (c) it's a "false flag".

If you don't have the facts, and you don't know - how can you be certain it's a "false flag"?

:coffee1:

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Do other countries wait for "independent confirmations" before engaging in military operations? Does this apply to Russia? Syria? Or is it just a demand leveled at the US?

What sort of "confirmation" would be adequate to satisfy such a demand? And do posters bringing this up imagine that Russia and Syria would simply roll over and accept whatever, based on such "confirmation"? The way these topics go, it would seem that even an "independent confirmation" would meet with objections to it being biased, unacceptable and whatnot.

As per the last line, completely agree.

Its a demand leveled at the US and Europe as they claim the moral high ground. I and many others just don't trust the USA as much as we used to because of their lying in the past. If Russia or Syria claim something i tend not to trust it. I trust the USA more but that trust is declining and others have the same feeling. Now if they wait for independent confirmation they have much more people behind them in support. They should not have lied before they are themselves to blame for this attitude. 

You ask what sort, how about the European team that was going to inspect. Just don't want the USA to draw Europe into an other war that is based on lies. We all know this is not about Syrians at all but about power in Syria to protect pipelines of oil. If there were no important things there the US (and Europe) would not have cared but this chemical angle gives a nice excuse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, CGW said:

I would have to question if this was indeed the decision of the "US government"? the crackpot "tin hat/foil brigade" would say its the "deep state" while the sheeple will believe??? fill in the blanks....

Donald Trump is commander in chief. He is 100% responsible IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Morch said:

That's a good point. Ought to be pointed out that this was also the case on previous instances. Whether it implies the Russians being weary of escalating things, or reluctant to exhibit system's performance (this could be interpreted as either covering up deficiencies or avoiding exposure of capabilities) remains a matter of speculation. 

S-400 not deployed perhaps due to liaison between Russia and US military. Watched the briefing by Mattis and Joint Chiefs Chair. US advised Russians the airspace over Syria which Western assets would utilise for the attack to avoid unintended contact with Russian forces. Accordingly one assumes Russia will not be responding militarily even though lots of Russian bluster?

"We used the normal deconfliction channel to deconflict airspace, we did not coordinate targets," Dunford said. The Russians were warned beforehand, said French Defense Minister Florence Parly at a press conference on Saturday.
"We do not seek confrontation and we refuse any possibility of military escalation and that is the reason why, with our allies, we have insured that the Russians were warned beforehand," she said.
Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

Always confused why the United States announces attacks ahead of time when other countries believe in the element of surprise and stealth.

Can anybody enlighten me?
So the Russians could move there troops.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There is a prophecy in the bible that says that Damascus will be reduced to an uninhabitable ruin fit for jacksls and ostriches only, it could be about to be fulfilled.
I bet that is Nonsense Post a link to it then I bet it doesn't say Damascus.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, juice777 said:

So when was the first false flag then?

I'm sure you are smart enough to have researched this "Syria falseflag" seen the results, read what has been said other than by the Mainstream media and then formed your OWN opinion?

Or do you choose to blindly believe?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CGW said:

Agreed! compromised? ............

"A  year ago, Russian President Vladimir Putin stood grim-faced in the opulence of France's Versailles Palace, as a newly elected Emmanuel Macron announced that the use of chemical weapons in Syria was a "red line" for France, and "would result in reprisal and an immediate response".

"Now Mr Macron - who likes to be seen as a president who does what he says he will do - is facing the test of what "reprisal" actually means".

"When you fix red lines," Mr Macron told a French newspaper last year, "if you can't enforce them, you decide to be weak."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43740626

To some how blame one country is very disturbing,Since the forces of 3 countries (USA FRANCE UK) responded  to chemical weapon factories and similar installations.

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Not all operations are announced eg when they went after bin laden.

Where civilians may be impacted I suppose they try to do the right thing  ( a situation very foreign to the current POTUS).

Overall I will believe this when it happens.

The CIC who prefers government by twittering over proper statesmanship seems to change his mind more often than an incontinent billionnaire changes his underwear.

Being militarily advised by someone who is almost as wacky and deranged as himself adds more uncertainty to the mix.

Being a professional and capable military person who has to stand by while those 2 renowned draft dodgers decide the fate of the world must be decidely challenging.

Cowards running the mightiest military machine in the world..ye gods

Overall I will believe this when it happens.

Please keep up....it HAS happened!!