British lawmakers, celebrities call for 'people's vote' on Brexit

webfact

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Are you seriously asking us to believe there was no organised crime in Glasgow, Edinburgh or anywhere else before EU immigrants started it?

That Glasgee sense of humour, I love it.

My first ever round of venture capital came from the Edinburgh "Mafia"; Baillie Gifford, George Street.

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

No, I am implying nobody voted Brexit on the basis of the one slogan.

The sentiment is all very good with this people's vote, but how do you stop the EU from offering an even worse deal in order to get the UK to vote to stay in?

I get your point but if Britain were to cancel Brexit it would be cancelled and everything would remain the same.  Which, as we know is not ideal by a very long way.  At that point we would need to push for reforms again.  At least now other member countries are agreeing that change is needed.  But I am not advocating that we should stay in necessarily.  I think the bad feeling in Britain would be monumental. It would make the Remoaners look like pussycats :smile:.  I accept that we will be worse off but as long as the government go for the soft Brexit that they seem to be heading for then the damage will be limited.  You have to look at what is achievable now and then accept it. 

Just now, dunroaming said:

I get your point but if Britain were to cancel Brexit it would be cancelled and everything would remain the same.  Which, as we know is not ideal by a very long way.  At that point we would need to push for reforms again.  At least now other member countries are agreeing that change is needed.  But I am not advocating that we should stay in necessarily.  I think the bad feeling in Britain would be monumental. It would make the Remoaners look like pussycats :smile:.  I accept that we will be worse off but as long as the government go for the soft Brexit that they seem to be heading for then the damage will be limited.  You have to look at what is achievable now and then accept it. 

Don't forget that right now we have some unique benefits including not having to join the Euro and getting a substantial rebate. If we leave and rejoin, these are gone. Even if we legally leave next year, nothing will actually change until end of 2020. Obviously, it makes sense to keep our options open until then. Ask any grown up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mbamber said:

So they want more votes till they get the Answer they want so 1 a day everyday but never will satisfy everyone. :sorry:

Not at all. The vote to leave was clear albeit a small majority. It seems sensible, particularly with an issue of such monumental importance, to check that Joe Public is happy with the ramifications more than 2 years after the vote. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mbamber said:

So they want more votes till they get the Answer they want so 1 a day everyday but never will satisfy everyone. :sorry:

No the vote would be whether to accept the deal the government has negotiated for Brexit.  It is not a second referendum as to whether to stay in or leave.  The vote would be far more for the benefit of the Brexiteers because they are the ones being sold down the river.  But some prefer to say no, we will accept that Brexit doesn't deliver anything we actually wanted and we will be worse off.

Hard to understand but hey!....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Not at all. The vote to leave was clear albeit a small majority. It seems sensible, particularly with an issue of such monumental importance, to check that Joe Public is happy with the ramifications more than 2 years after the vote. 

I am from Blackpool our vote was about 70% leave not a small Majority. :partytime2:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Don't forget that right now we have some unique benefits including not having to join the Euro and getting a substantial rebate. If we leave and rejoin, these are gone. Even if we legally leave next year, nothing will actually change until end of 2020. Obviously, it makes sense to keep our options open until then. Ask any grown up.

Yes of course I know that.  I am a remainer and I am painfully aware of the way we are screwing this up.  Unfortunately we are not being given a "grown-up" choice.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mbamber said:

I am from Blackpool our vote was about 70% leave not a small Majority. :partytime2:

I am from the South East and ours was about an 80% vote to remain.  That wasn't a small majority either.  If you take into account the whole then neither of us had a representative vote, did we?

Edited by dunroaming
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Sorry to interrupt but you don't need to go and buy a flat in any of those areas to know what happens there and always has.  Just like the East End of London has always had gangsters and low lifes and lots of decent hard working people.  Nothing to do with where they originated from.  You call them undesirable areas, well who made them undesirable in the first place?

we dont mind our own undesirables that is part of life, what we dont want is all the scum from other countries over here because the gov. is a soft target. these people know it but the gov. cant seem to

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

No the vote would be whether to accept the deal the government has negotiated for Brexit.  It is not a second referendum as to whether to stay in or leave.  The vote would be far more for the benefit of the Brexiteers because they are the ones being sold down the river.  But some prefer to say no, we will accept that Brexit doesn't deliver anything we actually wanted and we will be worse off.

so long as they stop all the spongers coming in people will accept it.  ---  if they dont    well thats the out of touch gov. that we've had for years

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

But the vote would still be stay or leave, i.e. stay in the EU, or leave under the negotiated terms, right?

So it would be a second referendum, albeit with more clarity on the future relationship.

There would however be no clarity on how the EU will evolve if we stayed in (e.g. ever closer fiscal and military union and further expansion to Albania, Serbia etc.), or how much longer the UK's various concessions will be tolerated (e.g. keeping the pound and the rebate).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mbamber said:

The distribution of U.K. morons is uneven. I did ask about the high concentration in East coast seaside towns such as Great Yarmouth. You're saying Blackpool is the same? You see, in America, Democratic states are concentrated at the coasts; multicultural I guess. What is the deal with U.K. coastal areas. I am genuinely interested. Does Blackpool also have a very low proportion of graduates?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

it was all about the foreigners coming in and getting everthing free,  but you wont hear the politicians talking about that

But you're incorrect about that. EU immigrants have far lower recourse, if any, to public funds than locals. These are people prepared to get off their behinds to find work. They don't come to watch daytime TV and drink cider now do they?

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

we dont mind our own undesirables that is part of life, what we dont want is all the scum from other countries over here because the gov. is a soft target. these people know it but the gov. cant seem to

?

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

The distribution of U.K. morons is uneven. I did ask about the high concentration in East coast seaside towns such as Great Yarmouth. You're saying Blackpool is the same? You see, in America, Democratic states are concentrated at the coasts; multicultural I guess. What is the deal with U.K. coastal areas. I am genuinely interested. Does Blackpool also have a very low proportion of graduates?

In the South East they are all paid from EEC and get benefits all we get is a 350m long tramway costing £100's Millions  that nobody wants in Blackpool. :smile:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

so long as they stop all the spongers coming in people will accept it.  ---  if they dont    well thats the out of touch gov. that we've had for years

We all agree with that!

But you're incorrect about that. EU immigrants have far lower recourse, if any, to public funds than locals. These are people prepared to get off their behinds to find work. They don't come to watch daytime TV and drink cider now do they?
Most of them work for eastern eu organised crime..getting dropped off at their pitches to sell the big issue then get picked up later on.
Meanwhile..rent etc paid for..tax credits etc.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Sorry, Teddy, but did you get this nugget from the Big Brexit Book of 'Facts'  by N. Farage, by any chance?

source

Total_number_of_recorded_crimes_Scottish_cities_2003-15_textpage.png

Govt figures tell us that crime in London is down. Those that live there will tell a different story. There has been a record number of over 50 murders so far this year in that city alone. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gamini said:

And a lot of Thais have to live alongside the Farang riff raff who were never consulted in the first place.

What farang riff raff? You speak for yourself. You know full well that no farang in Thailand would get away with the strokes some of our 'new citizens' pull in the UK.

When did you last hear of Falang letting off bombs at concerts in the LOS or on the Bangkok public transport systems. When did you last hear of Christian Falang rape gangs grooming 12 year old Thai girls and putting them on the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

The leavers had a majority of nearly one million. That's not a 'small majority'. 52% versus 48% is an overwhelming majority.

Before the referendum the arch remainer CMD said the outcome would be 'final and not up for negotiation'. 

To give CMD his due credit he at least had the good grace to resign when he realised that he was well and truly defeated on the issue.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Lies and aspiration led the flat cap brexit north up the garden path on the expectations all immigrants would be expunged the following day and £350 million pw would be ploughed into the NHS together with the likes of Boris saying that we would end up with a better deal out than in seams a very good reason to revote with now known facts .

So far as I see it the only benefit in the 2 years since the vote is to foreign investors and tourists buying up housing stock and cheap holidays on the back of a dog tired pound.    

So Brexit is delivering for the people that paid for it.  

You lost, get over it.

As for 2nd vote on agreeing terms or not. Yeah, OK, a yes or no vote to accept is fine. But there will be no re-negotiating. It will be a take it or leave it. No re-run to stay in. Democracy has spoken.
And if millions have changed there mind is it still democracy?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Most of them work for eastern eu organised crime..getting dropped off at their pitches to sell the big issue then get picked up later on.
Meanwhile..rent etc paid for..tax credits etc.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

wow, where do you get this utter nonsense from?

Most of them that is just ridiculous and the EU organized crime syndicates are making a fortune from the big issue that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

You lot make me laugh one mintiue they are all taking our jobs the next minute they are scroungers and not working can't be both, can it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1