British man beats  wife to death in Ubon Ratchathani

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

It says they have 3 children, I said they have three young children, as in young to understand what is going on. 

As their unfortunate mother was only 29 herself its reasonable to assume they would be fairly young

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bodymassagemyfriend said:

Untill the time you may learn that the man has been stolen his property by the wife. Dont make hastly judgment before you know anything about the case. Are you new in this country?

FYI    'Its a eat or get eaten' world in there

FYI    'Its a eat or get eaten' world in there

Why come there at all, in that case? Better be in your own safe country.

Nothing would justify a killing IMHO

On 4/16/2018 at 5:49 PM, robblok said:

I hope he does a lot more then that.. 5 to 10 years is nothing for taking a life they even get more in my soft country. 

Indeed. In the UK he plead diminished responsibilities. Assuming first offence a good lawyer he'd get off very lightly.

Do they still have the defense "crime of passion" in France? A hot rush to the head and voila your're off scot free. 

Jealousy is a consuming passion for those afflicted. And it's not moderated by nationality, sex, or sexuality. But that's no excuse for murder. 

On 16/04/2018 at 9:40 PM, colinneil said:

Why do you say that?

Yes what he did was disgusting ,but not all English men are like him.

"but not all English men are like him".:thumbsup:

Thank you, Colin, for reassuring us :wink:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, oldlakey said:

As their unfortunate mother was only 29 herself its reasonable to assume they would be fairly young

They could be 12 years old, not considerably young. But hey, you and your buddy Barry continue being pedants, a woman has been murdered but lets focus on an innocent post making a point that seems to be over your head. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

He recognises he strangled his wife but did not want to kill her...No no he is not embarrassed by such a bad faith explanation!

Hear this all the time by Thai husbands a stint  in the temple and married again in a few years. 

I dont see the problem with what he had done it’s normal behaviour here. Think I have become used to it. 

Edited by wow64

Songkran,madness time,maybe a cheating,3 kids you adore,THE DEMON DRINK that brings out the madness of everyone,this is similar to the other story that's been running,one has lost every thing.we might never know WHY.

but 3 kids left to ?

A lot of moral outrage in the air lately, a tragedy has occurred, things happen for a reason however obscure they may seem. They had 3 children together so this was obviously what one could call a serious marriage with commitment. Everyone has a breaking point and for some reason, which we don't know, his was reached, helped no doubt by alcohol. It wasn't premeditated otherwise he would have tried to conceal the body, he seemingly wanted to be caught. I believe that he didn't want to kill her, in his rage he was on a roll, he was out of control. It is something that he and his children will have to live with for the rest of their lives. It is easy to judge from an armchair, save your moral outrage for your own deeds which although haven't 'yet' attained manslaughter status, won't look good in the light of day.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2018 at 5:50 PM, observer90210 said:

Why did he marry her and what was he expecting in return ?

Why did she marry him and what was she expecting in return ?

RIP of course....

Ever heard of "love"? it is possible between Thais and other nationalities. Married 20 years myself, well to my wife actually..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, meatboy said:

Songkran,madness time,maybe a cheating,3 kids you adore,THE DEMON DRINK that brings out the madness of everyone,this is similar to the other story that's been running,one has lost every thing.we might never know WHY.

but 3 kids left to ?

The demon drink does not bring out the madness in everyone just like other drugs don't make everyone crazy. Certain people just respond bad to alcohol and drugs. Those people should NEVER ever drink or use those drugs and should be punished extra if they know they react bad to it but still use it. 

For others is alcohol not a problem and should not be restricted. If I drink alcohol (and i seldom do), i get more talkative, if i then drink more I just fall asleep, others always get aggressive from alcohol.. they know it themselves but just don't / cant stop.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Those people should NEVER ever drink or use those drugs and should be punished extra if they know they react bad to it but still use it. 

Those suffering from alcoholism or drug addiction should NOT be punished more, but LESS, as they are suffering from an illness. The nature of the illness is that they have lost the power to choose taking that drug or drink.

9 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Those suffering from alcoholism or drug addiction should NOT be punished more, but LESS, as they are suffering from an illness. The nature of the illness is that they have lost the power to choose taking that drug or drink.

I disagree, if you know you respond badly to alcohol and drugs and you still take them you should be punished more severely. Only exception is when they are under treatment and show they are trying to get better.. otherwise addiction is not an excuse. 

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Unnecessary and extremely inappropriate comment …. a young mother has just been beaten to death leaving behind 3 kids and a grieving family …. you disgust me

It's hard to believe what individuals are living or holidaying here. 

I disagree, if you know you respond badly to alcohol and drugs and you still take them you should be punished more severely. Only exception is when they are under treatment and show they are trying to get better.. otherwise addiction is not an excuse. 

So an alcoholic, through no fault of his own, should get heavier sentences than someone who doesn't suffer from the disease but chooses to drink and causes a crime? 

This is irrational or you don't understand addiction. It is the only disease that tell you that you don't have it.

You'll be saying an alkie should just use his will-power to stop drinking next.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

i think that's a tad unfair. plenty of normal BKK girls go for weekends away in Pattaya, obviously they won't find them in walking street and places like that more decent resorts and restaurants and there must be normal girls around and about in pattaya in normal jobs. the whole place can't be full of bargirls surely, but i kind of get what you mean. personally i just don't go there.

True but normal Thai girls going there are not looking for someone called Gunther or Hank, who is 20 years older than them, and is there for only one reason.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Never marry a woman you meet in Pattaya. Golden rule. In fact, never go to Pattaya.

Where do people like you come from,?and what do you think Pattaya consists of,walking street and soi 6 and 7?you must be the sort of person that posts in the papers when Thailand comes up and says never to go there as its full of hookers and child molesters ,

our sons girlfriend comes from Pattaya , she has a good job ,been to private school and university ,as has our son . we live here and there is not a bar within a mile of where we live , the way guys like you think makes me ,oh whats the use .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Johnniey said:

So an alcoholic, through no fault of his own, should get heavier sentences than someone who doesn't suffer from the disease but chooses to drink and causes a crime? 

This is irrational or you don't understand addiction. It is the only disease that tell you that you don't have it.

You'll be saying an alkie should just use his will-power to stop drinking next.

A violent alcoholic.. yes they should be punished more severely, especially if its a known issue. My only caveat is when the guy is under counsel of a dr. An alcoholic that is violent and does not try to stop / seek help and is known to be violent when drunk should be punished extra. 

I am not saying an alcie should use will power but should seek help and treatment.. if he does not he keeps posing a risk for others and that should be punished. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, addiction to drugs, like mental illness, are convenient excuses for murders and various crimes.

In the end, it may depend on how much you can pay for the best lawyers.

Personally, i very much agree with you, but some people are just not responsible enough.

In the end, it depends on how much empathy you have for fellow human beings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Go on spit it out, if you have anything worthwhile to say.

My younger brother in the UK is an alcoholic, now fat due to alcohol he used to be a good sportsman. He was recently let out of rehab, they told him, "This is the second time we have seen you here, there won't be a third, after the next drinking bout you will be dead." 

On 4/16/2018 at 3:47 AM, robblok said:

Ah the Brit bashes are always outnumbered by the Thai basters. 

For the record this bastard deserves the worst Thailand can throw at him.. and so does anyone else who commits murder. No need to be a Brit brasher for that.. just someone who hates murderers. 

And that is five years, or considerably less, if the guy has alot of cash. If there is one thing Thailand cannot be depended upon for, it is the issuing of a reasonable sentence, that fits the crime. The only people who seem to be sentenced for a long time here, are people with little cash, or members of a former political party.

I hope this loser gets a long sentence. He deserves that. Beating a woman to death? Who did he think he was, Genghis Khan? Alexander the Great? Vladimir Putin?

Edited by spidermike007

7 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

you must be the sort of person that posts in the papers when Thailand comes up and says never to go there as its full of hookers and child molesters ,

Not at all, they(sexpats, mafia, hell's angels, general criminals, drug dealers, alcohol abusers) are concentrated in one specific city. The rest of Thailand is a lovely place. 

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Unfortunately, addiction to drugs, like mental illness, are convenient excuses for murders and various crimes.

In the end, it may depend on how much you can pay for the best lawyers.

Personally, i very much agree with you, but some people are just not responsible enough.

In the end, it depends on how much empathy you have for fellow human beings.

I have no problem with drug / alcohol users I have done alcohol and drugs too but never harmed a fly or driven a vehicle when under the influence. 

I am talking here about repeat offenders that do nothing to change, not people that seek help to combat their addiction and slip up. If its know you pose a risk to others and you do nothing about it i feel that should be taken into account if you do slip up.

In the Netherlands we had a case of a woman with epileptic attacks. The Dr told her not to drive.. she ignored it and dit it anyway. The judge punished her extra because it was known she posed a risk but took the risk anyway . She killed someone and had a few accidents before. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And that is five years, or considerably less, if the guy has alot of cash. If there is one thing Thailand cannot be depended upon for, it is the issuing of a reasonable sentence, that fits the crime. The only people who seem to be sentenced for a long time here, are people with little cash, or members of a former political party.

I hope this loser gets a long sentence. He deserves that. Beating a woman to death? Who did he think he was, Genghis Khan? Alexander the Great? Vladimir Putin?

No, just a very sad man who lost control.

• Like 1