Ordering from Lazada

EricTh

Yes I have ordered goods from LAZADA, always arrive as described,

and I always stipulate C.O.D., just have the correct money ready for

when the delivery guy turns up,they usually phone before they arrive.

regards worgeordie

• Thanks 2

Not in Chiang Mai but it's safe for sure if you use COD. Whether they accept COD depends on the product. You can tell when you order. I have not yet been unable to find a product I want there that won't accept COD but have noticed some when shopping especially some that ship from outside Thailand. Electronics are a little dicey. They won't let you open before they take the cash. If there's a problem, you'll need to ship back. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

Not from CM.

Ordered from Lazada (and others).

Paid in advance and so far never had a problem.

But I only order fulfilled by Lazada or shipped from Thailand.

Tempting, but I am not adventurous enough to order goods shipped from overseas/abroad which mostly means from mainland China.

Always look for the shipment source and conditions.

• Thanks 1

Related questions I have. Do they make change? I've always had exact change and they give you plenty of warning to expect when they're coming. Also, are you supposed to tip the delivery people? Sometimes their commercial delivers and sometimes the Thai Post office.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

I am in CM and have ordered lots of stuff from Lazada. Never a problem. COD works fine, but being a wild and crazy guy I now pay when ordering. They would not accept my foreign credit card but BKK bank cards OK, or COD or  other ways. 

One time I replied to Lazada's email inquiry about delivery service and told them that their carrier phoned to say they couldn't deliver because it was a day before a holiday. I can't say for certain that Lazada reamed some butt, but the carrier showed up 20 minutes later looking quite sheepish.  

I loves me some Lazada. 

• Thanks 1

I would not expect them to make change... Be prepared with exact payment... No need to tip...

Their notification of impending delivery is hit or miss... You can get an email or phone call in the morning that says they will be there in 10 minutes... if I’m there fine... if not I have learned to be firm with the driver about what time he will arrive so I’m not sitting around all day...

Also if you order separate items expect each item (no matter how small) to be delivered separately...

Overall they are great and I have or would never expect to be ripped off...

• Thanks 2

That is true. Multiple item orders will often mean multiple separate deliveries. I've found their call notification system pretty good. What's not to good is the online tracking. They give you a range of days. This could be a hassle for some. But hey if it's COD you won't lose money if they can't deliver. 

Edited by Jingthing

I have ordered many items from Lazada. I always pay in advance (by credit card) and have never had any problem, whether the item comes from Thailand, China or Timbuktu (OK, I never have ordered something from Timbuktu, but still from a variety of countries)

• Haha 1

I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to be stuck at the house all day (or schedule my days in advance) waiting for the delivery guy to show up so I can pay him.  Especially if it's an order for $5 worth of stuff.  So I pay by debit card and have them leave the goodies with security at my building instead of climbing a bunch of stairs to get to my apartment.  Because I may be out enjoying life, but the security guys can receive the packages for me.

I did my first 2-3 orders on Lazada COD to see if it was for real, and quickly learned that I have better things to do than wait for a delivery.  Then I moved on to pay by ATM, then finally got my debit card set up for online payments and have done over 100 transactions on Lazada without a single hiccup.   Keep in mind that you're paying Lazada and they only pay the vendor after they provide documentation that the goodies have been delivered. 

There has been discussion in other threads about inspecting the goodies on arrival to make sure the quality's okay before paying, but I can't envision a busy delivery guy sitting there for 1/2 hour while the customer unboxes and inspects an item.  Maybe it does happen that way, but I just can't see it.

Edit:  The other thing I learned about COD is what a PITA it can be to forget to keep a big wad of cash around and have to run out to an ATM at a moment's notice when the delivery guy calls.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Two comments:

• I have received various items packaged together. 

• And, if anyone (like me) thinks (or thought) that Lazada would deliver non-COD parcels to a post office box, it cannot be done.  Why they accepted my post office box as a valid address is unknown, but with a bit of hassle over a couple days the parcel was delivered to my home.

I have only ordered one thing from Lazsdar and had no problems, I used my debit card for payment, on ordering they said it will be in 10  days, the day before I got another e-mail saying they will deliver the following afternoon.

The delivery guy being Thai, and could not find his way out of an empty papper bag had to phone up twice to ask where we lived, the wife sent her daughter out to find him and bring him to our house, and it was that afternoon too.

But we live in Lopburi and he comes from Bangkok, some ways understandable, if you live in a city ie CM and have a local center should not be a problem.

The goods where ok, did what it said on the tin, no problems, last week the TV packed in, the first place I looked at for a new one was Lazsdar, wife said look in Big C,but the hassle of a 80 km round trip when you can have one delivered to your door . 

• Thanks 1

I am in CM. They do accept my foreign credit card. The system works well. There are several delivery companies Lazada use, when they get to know you they keep your location on record.

But as we live out of town when they use an new delivery guy the gardener always has to go out on the motorbike and find them!

• Thanks 1

I also am located in CM.

I pay by overseas credit card and over several years have never had a problem with deliveries from Lazada, who always phone say 15 mins in advance of actual delivery.

Very good in my Umble opinion.

john

• Thanks 1

Pay COD (correct change) and they will call you before delivery. If it is inconvenient you can rearrange the delivery time, done it a couple of times, does help if you/yours can speak Thai though.

Great service, great company and has only improved since the takeover by Jack Ma's AliBaba.

We've had nothing but problems with Lazada including the wrong items shipped twice (yes we returned them and they sent the correct items 2 weeks later, refunded the shipping cost and even gave a 200 Baht voucher for the hassle), but the wife did lose 500 Baht in freight charges when the Mitsubishi A/C she purchased arrived damaged and even worse without any type of warantee whatsoever on a brand new A/C. They told her it was the policy of the seller in Bangkok. She had to haul the huge boxes over to Nim See Seng herself. Something significant like that should be in huge bold letters! Then they sent us to Office Mate to make a payment by bar code which was emailed to us (also policy of the seller who did not accept credit cards) only to be told "only available at Bangkok Office Mate."

I much prefer Ali Express and Banggood for small stuff. We would not purchase a large item (like an A/C on-line again - from anyone).

Edited by elektrified
  • Like 1

I had one large item where the box was badly damaged and I was concerned that a part might be missing. But I accepted it anyway and it turned out OK. I'm sure it would be a hassle if there was a problem but so far lucky I guess.

I used to pay COD but now choose to pay at 7-11. you pay a small handling charge and almost before you leave the store you receive an email confirmation of payment. They really do seem to have that side of the IT well sewn up. The Lazada payment confirmation arrives about 2 minutes later. I have the items delivered to a condo where I work and when the deliveryman calls me I just ask him to leave them in reception.

Never had an issue with them.

The thing about Lazada is not the company itself, which as has been said, seems to be on top of the IT side and so forth. Rather most problems seem to arise from the individual seller's themselves. Sometimes the company will cover for them in the case of small purchases, but in the event of a large purchase (i.e. 28K THB for an A/C that the wife bought), if there is a problem then you are on your own to resolve it.

• Thanks 1

I have purchased many items large and small and paid with my Thai PayPal.  No problem.  I won't repeat all the comments above......BUT! When you look at an item on their website make sure you read and understand all the details of the product.  Check measurements, things may look much larger or smaller than they are.  Also confirm colors if applicable.  Usually multiple suppliers list the same item, or close to it, at different prices.  If you think one supplier is a better deal, check each specific detail against the other. Don't just go by the photo.  Just some tips from personal experience and mistakes. 

I ordered 3-items, all arrived separately C.O.D to my house in Mae Rim.

However, the products were all s*%t. One broke almost immediately,one didn't work , and the 3rd was a short shipment. Three strikes and Im out. I'll never use this portal again. 

Even the delivery guy had a laugh and said he'd never order anything from them.

I'm amazed at how sophisticated & efficient the processes for  online shopping has become,so much technology, labour to ship,receive and deliver what (in my case) amounted to land-fill fodder.

Of course this is just my experience. There will be plenty of contradictory viewpoints on here, as usual.

Edited by HaleySabai

13 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

I ordered 3-items, all arrived separately C.O.D to my house in Mae Rim.

However, the products were all s*%t. One broke almost immediately,one didn't work , and the 3rd was a short shipment. Three strikes and Im out. I'll never order from them again. Even the delivery guy had a laugh and said he'd never order anything from them.

Of course this is just my experience. There will be plenty of contradictory viewpoints on here,as usual.

this proves you understand nothing at all about Lazada.

they are not responsible for the quality of the products, they are just a sales platform .

I use Lazada on a regular basis and have never had a problem- what I tend to do now is use the option that allows me to pay in advance at 7-11. By the time I get home the order has gone through. Saves hanging around for the guy to turn up (even though he knows me by name now!) or using a foreign credit card with all that entails.  He either drops small packages by my door or leaves them at the apartment reception.  Bigger stuff he leaves at reception if I'm out.  I tend when ordering to look at the delivery envelope and order according to my plans.

If I'm in he (or she) gets a tip- it doesn't break the bank to be nice and ensures I get good service.

Edit: basically what has already been stated by others- I will fully read the thread in future! :sorry:

Edited by Psimbo