Blacklisted for overstay. Name change on passport

Just now, sanemax said:

Bad move , you should have left Thailand immediately after getting a new PP and just paid the over stay fine

Did think of that but was in hospital at the time and other reason i was not able to travel. I had 6 month extension from doctor but it was the same time the new rule came out about medical extension were not allowed anymore

• Confused 1

In a nutshell - No.

If you tried it and get caught you will probably get a permanent ban and/or jail time.  You are now on the blacklist radar which is never a good idea.

People in the area where you live will now be aware and you would have to uproot yourself completely if you returned as you would likely get dobbed in.

I legally came in on a different nationality passport on occasion and got pulled for a couple of quick questions. This was a number of years back so you stand a far better chance of gettuing caught out with more modern technology.

You were by your own admittance a long term overstay so accept the consequences and don't make them worse. Not a judgement, just an opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

In a nutshell - No.

If you tried it and get caught you will probably get a permanent ban and/or jail time.  You are now on the blacklist radar which is never a good idea.

People in the area where you live will now be aware and you would have to uproot yourself completely if you returned as you would likely get dobbed in.

I legally came in on a different nationality passport on occasion and got pulled for a couple of quick questions. This was a number of years back so you stand a far better chance of gettuing caught out with more modern technology.

You were by your own admittance a long term overstay so accept the consequences and don't make them worse. Not a judgement, just an opinion. 

Like i said. Its happened and cant change it. If can get ban down to 5 years it be a bonus. Lawyer seems to think under the circumstances 10 years down to 5 may be possible

• Like 1

If you are willing to risk doing something illegal such as changing your name and trying to enter knowing fully well that you are banned for 10 years, and TV is allowing the thread to run, i suggest why not take a little more risk and get a fake passport with a fake date of birth & nationality?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I didn't actually surrender. I asked immigration for advice.  When i found out that immgration didnt care it was stolen i would have been deported anyway so took my chances but caught up with me 18months later.

If to beleive or not - maybe not as I would think one being here long enough & married  would know about Immigration rules & certainly know about looking after ones Passport

So when did you report stolen PP to Police ? immediatly I guess - So why didn't you act on it (at Embassy  after getting the report )

You could of got an Emergency Document whilst waiting for PP & got an Ext of stay or something 

Of cause Immigration wouldn't care. It's not their job to feel sorry that your passport got stolen, The Police report is nothing to them, they want to see Official Documents

& why would you have been deported if you went to Immi showing them the Police reciept - I bet they were just waiting for you

1 minute ago, Norbert Halfwit said:

OK I am going back about 20 years here, before the EU single movement.

A friend of mine was busted for a 3 years overstay in The Canaries. His passport was stamped with "No entry to Spain" and he was deported. The thing was he was a partner in a bar there and needed to get back. 

When he got back he reported his passport "lost". A new one came but it stated on the passport that it was a replacement for passport number xxx. A month later he "lost" his new passport. Another replacement came , in it saying it was a replacement for passport number xyz. Passport number xyz was not on the Spanish watchlist and he returned 3 months after being deported.

Different country, different era but the Spanish were only intrested in the passport number.

I think a normal road side check would be fine on new name passport. But boarding crossing with finger print and face scanning is a whole new risk by the sounds of things. I know people who have done it and remain in thailand but this was a while ago. Dont know any recent tryers

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

i think you may need to look at the reality that Laos is really your only option to be close to her if you want to live in SE Asia. The risks you are talking about could incur some serious jail time and a lifetime ban. Is it really worth it

Think laos is my best bet too.

Just now, Happy enough said:

if she's only a few hours away then it wouldn't be a real hardship especially if she drives. 

I thought this first. A few people said "oh change your name " making it sound easy but probably was a while back but dont think it is nowadays. The answers on here just confirmed my thoughts really that it wasnt easy to change name and get new passport, thought id just see what people thought. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Keithsbd said:

Heard the same myself but again the risk of been caught 

And unless you overstay on your Laos visa, you would have to go back there every two months, go to a neighboring Country,  go back to Laos and get a new visa and then back to Thailand .

You may also have issues at banks and hotels in Thailand with no valid visa

2 minutes ago, Norbert Halfwit said:

If you do opt for Laos. Get a new passport. Going to Laos with a big stamp in your current passport, telling the world you are banned from Thailand, may not be wise.

Do you know if fly to loas from uk and you get connecting flight in bkk would they let you on because i dont think you actually go through thai immigration.  You just get off one plane and get on to another. Just to be safe its probably safer connection in Vietnam 

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Apparently not enough to keep loads of foreigners from getting into the country (by land border crossings???) and later getting arrested for illegal entry in the series of raids that Big Joke and his police minions have been having in BKK lately.

Swampy and DM aren't the only entries into the country.

You mean like in usa, oz, god knows how many european countries.

OP, I have heard some bar stool gossip that if you pay for a Thai elite visa, they are very careless with the paperwork and may loose the documents that say anything about overstays, bans etc.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Peterw42 said:

OP, I have heard some bar stool gossip that if you pay for a Thai elite visa, they are very careless with the paperwork and may loose the documents that say anything about overstays, bans etc.  

Ive been told that also 

14 minutes ago, Keithsbd said:

Appreciate the comments but everyone is moving away from my original question about getting back in if change name. Ive had all the lectures and info about new passport arrival dates, length of overstays and bans etc. Thats happened.  I cant change that.

I put the question back to you in the bigger context, would you be happy to suddenly learn that the person living in the next condo unit is a serious con man,  a mass murderer, a thug who has seriously beaten up many people because he liked violence, a child rapist, but he changed his name and got a new passport but no records are kept, meaning that this person has total freedom to move around, live next door. But he'll never be discovered because there are no records kept of change of identity?

Is that scenario OK with you? 

49 minutes ago, HampiK said:

One small question:

If you can come back on a new name… You wrote you married to a thai. But how you think you will stay inside Thailand? The Visa on marriage to a thai will not work, else they will find out your real name. Or you are already over 50 years and can ask for retirement?

But even with that and your address wich will be the same as from your old name… and you stay with a married wife, which is married to the old name… hmmmmm more risk will appear maybe

She could divorce the previous name and when he comes back they can remarry 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

We are talking about someone who overstayed his visa though and wants to see his Wife

Quote: "Appreciate the comments but everyone is moving away from my original question about getting back in if change name."

• Sad 1

Just now, scorecard said:

Quote: "Appreciate the comments but everyone is moving away from my original question about getting back in if change name."

I changed my name and came back. 

Never had a problem. 

Now I'm a citizen. 

I don't think it's illegal per se, you have to change your name legally. The passport that you come back on is all legal. 

It's not your fault if they don't keep up the data. 

That was many years ago though. I'm not sure if you can now. 

But worst case scenario would be ,you would be stopped at the entry point. It's worth a try. 

• Like 1