Blacklisted for overstay. Name change on passport

16 hours ago, Keithsbd said:

I have a thai wife over there.  My passport was stolen. By time my new one arrived i was on overstay. When i told immigration it was stolen and provided police reports they didnt care. Just said it was my problem and sent me to detention centre in Bangkok 

I think there is something here you are not telling us, I am no fan of Thai immigration, but I cannot see them ignoring that your passport was stolen when you have police reports, and I just cannot see them sending you to a detention centre under these circumstances.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, I have heard some bar stool gossip that if you pay for a Thai elite visa, they are very careless with the paperwork and may loose the documents that say anything about overstays, bans etc.  

That's probably because they do not want to lose the 500.000 Baht they will get for the Elite visa, as

they don't give you anything in return for it.

2 hours ago, Tony125 said:

It has been reported before on this site that a dual national was banned for I think a year and cameback after a few months on a diferent passport. Had no problems getting back in. later he was recognised by people and was reported to immigration.  He was arrested for entering the country illegally and jailed. Reason , they told him  "you" are banned from Thailand not your passport. Makes no difference what passport or name you use  "you" are banned from being in the country.

I suppose that the same thing would happen to anyone on an Elite visa

14 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I think there is something here you are not telling us, I am no fan of Thai immigration, but I cannot see them ignoring that your passport was stolen when you have police reports, and I just cannot see them sending you to a detention centre under these circumstances.

He got caught on an overstay 18 months later , he had plenty of time to sort the situation out .

Had he immediately got a new passport and gone to immigration to sort the problem out , he may have just had to pay any overstay fine 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Happy enough said:

as the OP pointed out what happened later in the thread and you can actually get the 10 year BL(he didn't get 20) in just over a year if caught. maybe he JUST decided to join Thai Visa because he just got blacklisted and now is asking for assistance. No rules to say you must join TVF if you move to Thailand as far as i am aware

Maybe you are just a little gullible. I have done my research on some things you don’t bother to research concerning TVF and new posters. 

Just now, alex8912 said:

Maybe you are just a little gullible. I have done my research on some things you don’t bother to research concerning TVF and new posters. 

yes, maybe i am gullible but luckily not sad enough to be doing 'research' on TVF and it's posters 555

i wouldn't read too much into your research if you can't even work out when an OP is on 20 years O/S or 10 when clearly stated TBH

Recap:

1.  You contacted immigration to advise that your passport was stolen. You say that it did not matter as they considered you to be on overstay. How long was your overstay when you contacted immigration?  1 year? 2 years? 1 month, 10 months?

2. You were arrested 18 months after you first contacted immigration.

At the very least you were  on overstay of 18 months and were arrested. Under the current law which is fully enforced it is a 10 year ban.  There are no confirmed reports of a lawyer  successfully contesting a ban based upon the  above facts.

A lawyer who tells you that he can reverse the ban will only take your money and give you nothing in return. You need to wait 1-2 years before trying. You also need to have the appropriate financial requirements.

I don't know why you weren't using your marriage visa previously, but in any case it's not my affair. 

What I can tell you is that you should not try to enter. You will be caught at the border and you will be incarcerated and most likely beaten and or robbed. Go to Laos and meet your spouse there. It's over. You screwed up. Move on.le is very clear

5 hours ago, Happy enough said:

why you asking me? i already advised him his best option is Laos. shouldn't you be asking him

I wasn't asking you. I was making an observation in the form of a rhetorical question.

This is a discussion board, not an ask-the-self-appointment-expert board.

Edited by Suradit69

24 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The passport, name, and visa are legal, but entering after being banned isn't. It's 100% indisputably illegal. If the OP, or anyone else, wants to try and get back in the country they risk being locked up for 2 years if they get found out.

Immigration Act.

Section 81 : Any alien who stay in the Kingdom without permission or with permission expired or revoked shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years or a fine not exceeding 20,000 Baht or both.

He would have a visa in his passport = permission. 

The permission is not expired or revoked. 

The revocation applies to the visa that is in that passport with that passport number. 

It's a legal conundrum. 

When was the last time you saw someone convicted for being on a changed name passport. 

Doesn't happen. 

40 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

yes, maybe i am gullible but luckily not sad enough to be doing 'research' on TVF and it's posters 555

i wouldn't read too much into your research if you can't even work out when an OP is on 20 years O/S or 10 when clearly stated TBH

You don’t get it at all. 

3 minutes ago, greenchair said:

The revocation applies to the visa that is in that passport with that passport number. 

It's a legal conundrum. 

When was the last time you saw someone convicted for being on a changed name passport. 

Doesn't happen. 

Passports are not banned - People are 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Recap:

1.  You contacted immigration to advise that your passport was stolen. You say that it did not matter as they considered you to be on overstay. How long was your overstay when you contacted immigration?  1 year? 2 years? 1 month, 10 months?

2. You were arrested 18 months after you first contacted immigration.

At the very least you were  on overstay of 18 months and were arrested. Under the current law which is fully enforced it is a 10 year ban.  There are no confirmed reports of a lawyer  successfully contesting a ban based upon the  above facts.

A lawyer who tells you that he can reverse the ban will only take your money and give you nothing in return. You need to wait 1-2 years before trying. You also need to have the appropriate financial requirements.

I don't know why you weren't using your marriage visa previously, but in any case it's not my affair. 

What I can tell you is that you should not try to enter. You will be caught at the border and you will be incarcerated and most likely beaten and or robbed. Go to Laos and meet your spouse there. It's over. You screwed up. Move on.le is very clear

A person that I know  (not me. Really ).

Messed up and was 6 months overstayed. And would be on a blacklist. 

That person was able to get a new entry visa, followed by a marriage visa all from within thailand and all within the law. You obviously don't understand thailand. The law is often applied according to the interpretation of the user. 

It often depends on who you get on the day. 

No no no yes. 

It's a joke amongst the Thais. 

2 minutes ago, greenchair said:

It's a legal conundrum. 

Doesn't happen. 

His overstay ban would take preference over his new entry stamp .

His blacklisting would invalidate his new entry stamp 

1 minute ago, greenchair said:

That person was able to get a new entry visa, followed by a marriage visa all from within thailand and all within the law. You obviously don't understand thailand. The law is often applied according to the interpretation of the user. 

No no no yes. 

Completely irrelevant , we are talking about the O.P. and his situation

1 minute ago, Swimman said:

Passports are not banned - People are 

Well. I'm talking from my experiences and from what I have seen over the years. I do understand the point that people who have never had this experience are making. 

But for people that know this from a different perspective, it doesn't always work out as bad as you think. The Thais are pretty nice about things, if you get the right day. 

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

No no no yes. 

There are fixers who can resolve long overstays for a price. A bribe to your local immigration office cannot do it, but there are corrupt officials at land borders who are able to arrange it. Getting someone off a blacklist is much, much harder. Only someone at a very high level has the power to do it. I do not discount the possibility that there could be a fixer able to do it, but it would be extremely expensive, if possible at all.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, darrendsd said:

That's like being banned from driving for 2 years and starting to drive again after 1 and when caught using the excuse oh sorry I wasn't sure how long my ban was

Do you really think that is going to work?

Yes it just might. The stamp and message you get for overstaying in the passport, are all written in thai. No english words whatsoever. So you can very well go for the explanation that you thought your ban was over. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thaibreaker said:

Yes it just might. The stamp and message you get for overstaying in the passport, are all written in thai. No english words whatsoever. So you can very well go for the explanation that you thought your ban was over. 

So how does the OP know he is banned for 10 years?

Do you really think that giving the excuse of sorry I didn't know how long I was banned for is really going to wash? This will be after the OP has been caught because they have realized he has changed his name in order to try and get around the ban

Good luck with that

• Like 2

Wow long thread. To the op: mate suck it up, maybe hope yer lawyer can get it down to 5 years. To listen to the advice here that maybe you can get back in, umm nope as you will be breaking the law once again, you the person has been banned and nope (as some sugggest otherwise) there are no loopholes. You put yourself in this situation and its caught up with you. Yep, move the wife out of Thailand and move on with your life.

Best of luck with a new adventure OP