Where to get help for depression

taiwanatoa

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2018 at 8:15 PM, blankagain said:

Research has also shown that people with parents or siblings who have

depression are up to three times more likely to have the condition.

I have genetic depression and have to accept that it is someting only I can fix for myself.

I had great results in alleviating it by taking on Yoga and Meditation (never thought I'd see myself at either of these institutions).

It's cheap to try it out as there are many of these classes around thailand along with meeting many people who are there for the same reason which I find better than counselling as each has a seperate type of depression which when talking to some people makes you thankful that your own depression is minimal compared to some.

Give it a go as I'm sure it will help you and good luck in finding relief.

Where do they have yoga and meditation  classes in Bangkok for free ? I can't find anywhere on thaivisa forums.

16 hours ago, taiwanatoa said:

Where do they have yoga and meditation  classes in Bangkok for free ? I can't find anywhere on thaivisa forums.

Meetup.com has a free meditation class here in Bangkok.  There are also inexpensive yoga classes (฿300)

I have dealt with depression most of my life.  I’ve seen psychiatrists and psychologists and to be honest, many of them have huge issues themselves.  I believe that one reason they are attracted to the field is because they first wish to try to solve their own problems.  It’s not to say that they cannot help, but they are human and struggle with their own demons.  I know this because my grandfather was a Psychiatrist and killed himself.

https://www.nytimes.com/1939/03/26/archives/city-psychiatrist-suicide-in-detroit-dr-charles-schultz-stabs.html?auth=login-email

Counseling here in Bangkok is very expensive.  PSI charges ฿3500 per session and does not offer a sliding scale.  Others might.  You can google for the different names of private psychologists here.  The most important thing is to find one you are comfortable with.

7 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

there is a government mental hospital in Korat that i have visited. English is spoken and cost is very inexpensive

I've already recommended it on this thread and others. Very good service and cheap. 

Archived