Comey's tell-all book piques readers' interest, stoked by Trump's fury

webfact

1 hour ago, Sir Dude said:

Got to wonder about conflict of interests here.....releasing a book to make money, hmmm. Excuse my cynicism here, but 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. I don't think you can trust either side in this one.

I agree Comey isn't clean, but con man demagogue "trump" is soaked in dirt and lies down to the bone. Big difference. Also keep in mind the evidence against "trump" does not rely on any one man.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Maybe such an obvious criminally corrupt sleazeball shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near the oval office? Oh well. Too late. 

Lol....well, the very fact that he got elected fair and square says more about the Dems failure than it does about Trump. How can it get so wrong that people are willing to elect someone like Trump on a whim? Very sad really, and some deep looking in the mirror needs to happen in the US. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Opl said:

"With Impeachment On His Trail, Trump Changes His Comey Firing Story. Dubbing Comey with one of his nursery school taunts, this one “Slippery James Comey,” Trump claimed he “was not fired because of the phony Russia investigation.”"

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/04/18/with-impeachment-on-his-trail-trump-changes-his-comey-firing-story.html

And the Phony Clinton email investigation??? that swung the election that elected the choice of a minority in a two horse race...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, mikebike said:

How cute. You think working for the government is like being in the military.

Have you missed that the President is the Commander in Chief??

It's very similar in a lot of ways, not the least being that you are paid by the public purse, and that requires a large degree of loyalty.

7 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Lol....well, the very fact that he got elected fair and square says more about the Dems failure than it does about Trump. How can it get so wrong that people are willing to elect someone like Trump on a whim? Very sad really, and some deep looking in the mirror needs to happen in the US. 

The better of a bad pair offering themselves??

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Maybe such an obvious criminally corrupt sleazeball shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near the oval office? Oh well. Too late. 

I agree he shouldn't be POTUS (but that was/is a reaction to the liberal PC agenda) but nor should Comey try to become a Saint. Hated by the Dems and now a hero?  pull the other one. 

8 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Right! he was elected because they were anti-HC, anti-PC and anti-Liberal not pro-Trump!  what will happen in 2020 is anyone's guess but the Dems need a balanced, not-so-PC candidate to win.

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Right! he was elected because they were anti-HC, anti-PC and anti-Liberal not pro-Trump!  what will happen in 2020 is anyone's guess but the Dems need a balanced, not-so-PC candidate to win.

And some protection against Russian interference would also be welcome 

2 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

It's very similar in a lot of ways, not the least being that you are paid by the public purse, and that requires a large degree of loyalty.

No, I have not. He also head of the CIVILIAN govt. You seem to be enamoured with the idea of a military govt... any ones you have seen that are worth emulating?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Langsuan Man said:

And some protection against Russian interference would also be welcome 

USA is the master at manipulating other countries elections. I have NO doubt Russia and USA do this day to day and have departments set up for this purpose. This is nothing new but is spun by the Dems as why they lost. They lost because they were arrogant and PC and Trump won because he was there. America is deeply divided. 

4 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

The President is commander-in-chief of people in the armed services only. He is not the Commander-in-Chief of civilians.

According to Article II, Section 2, Clause I of the Constitution, the President of the United States is “Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States.”[58]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander-in-chief

And, no, a military officer does not owe personal loyalty to any officer nor to the commander-in-chief. 

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

The President is commander-in-chief of people in the armed services only. He is not the Commander-in-Chief of civilians.

According to Article II, Section 2, Clause I of the Constitution, the President of the United States is “Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States.”[58]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander-in-chief

And, no, a military officer does not owe personal loyalty to any officer nor to the commander-in-chief. 

Exactly what I said.....a soldier/sailor/airman, etc., does not salute the man/woman, but the rank.

Edited by F4UCorsair

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Probably not but lots of things he says about "trump" are obviously true.

A weird thing about Comey is that he provides a lot of to love and a lot to hate for people across the huge U.S. political divide.

He was key in helping swing the election to "trump" at the last minute.

For anti-"trump" people that can't ever be forgiven, no matter the volume and quality of shade he's throwing back at "trump" now. 

I'm sorry but I just can't buy the Russian interference in US election, it is a big joke that Trump had to go to Russia and ask for help from 13 Russians to travel to USA and use American fake account on social media just to impact the public opinion.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Different said:

I'm sorry but I just can't buy the Russian interference in US election, it is a big joke that Trump had to go to Russia and ask for help from 13 Russians to travel to USA and use American fake account on social media just to impact the public opinion.

The Russian interference in the U.S. election is CONFIRMED by all the U.S. intelligence agencies. I trust them much more than any Putin propaganda. As far as potential COLLUSION between "trump" himself in this, that is suspected but not proven, and it is as yet unknown whether that is true or not. HOWEVER, there are proven connections between pro-"trump" Russian players and people that were in the "trump" campaign. The investigation should continue. The American people deserve to know. "trump" threatens to shut it down. That is totally outrageous. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Different said:

What makes you trust Putin more than US intelligence agencies, regarding US National Security issues ? 

Edited by Opl

34 minutes ago, Opl said:

What makes you trust Putin more than US intelligence agencies, regarding US National Security issues ? 

I disguise the biggest thug in the world Putin, but seriously do you buy the story that 13 Russians traveled to USA just to make fake social media accounts that would switch public voting for Trump! Comey is a deep state loser who wanted revenge with help of his intelligence employees for being fired with humiliation.

Edited by Different
  • Sad 1

On 4/18/2018 at 3:40 PM, F4UCorsair said:

Agreed BobBKK.   Scandalous conduct from a person who held his position.

"Stephanopoulos pressed Comey about it, asking him if the president had a right to know who financed the GPS Fusion opposition research that led to the Steele dossier".

"That it had been financed by his political opponents? I don't know the answer to that. It wasn't necessary for my goal, which was to alert him that we had this information," Comey tells Stephanopoulos".

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/james-comey-trump-democrats-dossier/2018/04/13/id/854365/

Scandalous is to polite a word,the Slimeball's goal was to undermine a democratically elected POTUS IMOP. J Edgar Hoover must be rolling in his grave. 

4-18-18-The Gop lawmakers referred  to the AG to investigate for violations of Federal statues for him and others in the FBI, Strzok,Page, McCabe ,as well as others, in the source below. 

https://desantis.house.gov/_cache/files/8/0/8002ca75-52fc-4995-b87e-43584da268db/472EBC7D8F55C0F9E830D37CF96376A2.final-criminal-referral.pdf

Edited by riclag

21 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Trump is a billionaire property developer...unlikely that there are many billionaires around, that were subjected to the same scrutiny as Trump has been, would fair too well tbh.

Ah but how many Billionaires crave attention and publicly lash out at those who do not show them the desired respect ?

6 hours ago, Different said:

I think what you really mean is that you like Trump and will refuse to acknowledge anything said against him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Different said:

Lame excuse used by losers. HC was an awful candidate. Attracted tiny crowds and was arrogant the whole campaign. Fainting and deleting emails. Calling people deplorables.

Then after losing couldn't even give a speech.

A truly pathetic effort from the most self absorbed arrogant woman on the planet.

29 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

I think what you really mean is that you like Trump and will refuse to acknowledge anything said against him.

He won. Liking someone is irrevelant.

He ran a great campaign.

Losers just can't bring themselves to give credit where it's due.

Bill Clinton knew how to sell himself as does Trump.

HC has no clue.