Is this the worst ‘farang breakfast’ in all of Thailand?

webfact

10 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Bubble and squeak, for the uninitiated.

bubble and sqeak.jpg

Did he ask for bubble and squeak or boxty or cullcanon? I think the complainant is an ill spirited ingrate .Logically he got what he asked for. I feel really  sorry for the Thais who have to deal with such arrogant travellers. 

• Like 2

Apart from the NZ of the 50s & 60s, I've never eaten worse food all my life than can be found in the UK, even today ...

Though, on second thoughts, Usofa does provide some competition.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

I've never eaten worse food all my life than can be found in the UK, even today ...

What a load of cobblers. You can get ANY type of food, ethnicity, veggie, whatever you want, almost anywhere in UK.

• Like 2

LOL...a storm in a teacup, did he get breakfast tea? or Milo ? LOL

I have seen some truly amazing attempts around Thailand of either American or English breakfasts, mostly inedible, but as a lot of posters have pointed out they were probably trying their best to meet his requirements and you have to learn to adapt. I have never understood the Thais ability to eat cold fried eggs, you have to admire that and that runny rice dish is best left to those that have gone fully native, its a personal thing but the mere thought of it has me running for toast...

The egg in pan is my alternative up T'north or egg on toast having given up on boiled eggs as a lost cause. But he asked for and got a veggie breakfast in it's purest form, so I don't know what he's whinging about. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

LOL...a storm in a teacup, did he get breakfast tea? or Milo ? LOL

I have seen some truly amazing attempts around Thailand of either American or English breakfasts, mostly inedible, but as a lot of posters have pointed out they were probably trying their best to meet his requirements and you have to learn to adapt. I have never understood the Thais ability to eat cold fried eggs, you have to admire that and that runny rice dish is best left to those that have gone fully native, its a personal thing but the mere thought of it has me running for toast...

The egg in pan is my alternative up T'north or egg on toast having given up on boiled eggs as a lost cause. But he asked for and got a veggie breakfast in it's purest form, so I don't know what he's whinging about. 

He's not just whinging he's maligning people's well intentioned,good hearted efforts to accommodate his needs for his weird request. A disgrace. He should be ashamed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Actually in the UK vegetarian sausages, bacon and rather bizarrely black pudding are all available, so a cooked breakfast with no meat is perfectly feasible.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Maybe he should pop over to the UK then for a perfectly feasible cooked vegetarian breakfast instead of rural Thailand perhaps?

8 hours ago, The manic said:

A vile complaint aimed at decent people trying to be kind . Dreadful. It has also bought the Breakfast Club into disrepute. They deserve legal action for this. The complainant seems a supercillious,  shallow and inexperienced traveller.  With all the the traits of arrogant superiority of some vegan and vegetarian. Both, arguably, are just socially sanctioned eating disorders.  The Breakfast Club should remove this review and ban the contributer. Not a reasonable meal request and cultural contempt for the kind Thais who did their best. How much Thai does the moaner speak? Is he a yank? Do the restaurant know they can take legal action against him and the Breakfast Club which seems to have lost its way. Where is the right of reply offered to the kinds hosts who tried to accommodate this guys request for ' a western vegatarian breakfast'.

Well said :clap2::clap2::clap2:

13 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Nah!  Just puts me off ever asking for a vegetarian breakfast.  Does't look that bad as they had no idea what he expected or how he intended it to be cooked.  Not delicious looking but it would be edible.  A bit of vegetarian marge for the toast and a sachet of marmalade & a Thai 3-in-one coffee and his day was set up well.

Try ordering Joh or Kow Tom for brekkie in Liverpool or New York, let alone Tennessee or South Dakota.  I have seen much worse.   Stop moaning.  He got what he asked for. 

I agree; I wonder what they charged him? Maybe Bt 50 ? So if that - or a similar charge - I'd say he made out pretty well. This "ain't" UK/USA.  

I would love to find a U.S. style smorgesbourg in Khonkaen however..... miss that and breakfast smorgasbord was fantastic.

Once I asked a street vendor if she could cook me two poached eggs. My wife explained it to her and asked if she would put them on rice, b/c of course she didn't have bread. It was great.