Tourists pickpocketed near Pattaya Police Station

webfact

Tourists pickpocketed near Pattaya Police Station

By The Nation

pat11.jpg

FILE photo

Six foreign tourists have filed a complaint that their pockets were picked during Songkran revelry some 50 metres from the Pattaya Police Station.

Two Hong Kong tourists, an Indian, an Iranian, and an Australian filed the complaint at the police station late on Wednesday night.

They told police that they were splashing water at the front of Soi 7 and 8 of Central Pattaya not far from the police station when their pockets or waterproof plastic bags were cut and their valuables stolen.

Songkran celebrations in Pattaya were later than in other parts of the country.

Among the items the tourists listed as stolen were an iPhone 7, an iPhone 8 and debit cards worth about Bt300,000. The Australian tourist said he lost about Bt4,000 in cash.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343456

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-19

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Nonsense, police will only help if you part with money.

Before you say i am wrong, i have been there had it happen on more than 1 occasion in 2 different cities.

Also i love living here, just cannot stand all the corruption, police, government officials.

so you admit having problems with the police at least twice  any chance on elaborating on these issues

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

so you admit having problems with the police at least twice  any chance on elaborating on these issues

Hasn't he posted in the past about reporting matters at police stations?

I don't think he's implying he did something nefarious. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Expatthailover said:

Yes your posts are clear testimony to your love of thailand and how you you show your gratitude at being allowed to live in this country you love is very very moving

We believed we could live in Thailand and talk about the corrupted police, no? maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Nonsense, police will only help if you part with money.

Before you say i am wrong, i have been there had it happen on more than 1 occasion in 2 different cities.

Also i love living here, just cannot stand all the corruption, police, government officials.

From my experience it helps if a confident well spoken/dressed and educated thai person accompanies you to ask for police service.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, stud858 said:

From my experience it helps if a confident well spoken/dressed and educated thai person accompanies you to ask for police service.

Bit difficult for me, as on 1 occasion when police demanded money i was in a coma !!

The 40.000 baht was demanded from my wife, so a case of Thai scamming Thai.

Edited by colinneil

12 hours ago, Broken Record said:

i don't know what it is with you guys, you seem to hate everything about Thailand yet choose to live here.

"I dont know what it is with you", or the other thin skinned apologists, as YOU seem to think one bad thing means "hate everything about Thailand. Who said they hate everything about Thailand, and who said they live here ?  Only YOU. Wise up

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, brling said:

"I dont know what it is with you", or the other thin skinned apologists, as YOU seem to think one bad thing means "hate everything about Thailand. Who said they hate everything about Thailand, and who said they live here ?  Only YOU. Wise up

So if they don't live here why are they on this forum, why do they have an opinion about the place..? Especially making anti Thai,racist comments. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Broken Record said:

If you have a genuine case the Police will try their best to help you, i don't know what it is with you guys, you seem to hate everything about Thailand yet choose to live here.

Posters are not to blame directly, many farang carry the anti-Thai reflex gene which stimulates their desire to bash all things Thai whenever an opportunity presents itself, police, weather government, the state of their underwear, they all to be blamed and bashed. And indeed, my experience of dealing with the police here and in other countries is not negative either, perhaps it is an attitude thing - on that point, my guess is that posters who think the Thai police are to be bashed, p[robably think the same of the police in their own country, it's therefore not a Thai issue so much as it is a police issue and posters attitudes towards them generally.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Broken Record said:

If you have a genuine case the Police will try their best to help you, i don't know what it is with you guys, you seem to hate everything about Thailand yet choose to live here.

Cheap  cigarettes!

21 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Hasn't he posted in the past about reporting matters at police stations?

I don't think he's implying he did something nefarious. 

Thank you for that, yes the problems i have had with the police here, have been well documented.

Lamkyong just loves to attack/ condemn everything i post, he is becoming a pain in the backside.

11 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

It's amazing, how every time people, who have lived in Thailand 10+x years, tell about their negative experiences, or what they have observed in those 10+x years of living in Thailand, some newbies, who come once a year to Thailand for 2 weeks, counter with: "all wrong, Thailand is paradise, I don't believe a word of it, etc."...

No-one comes to (live in) Thailand because they dislike Thailand or Thais - on the contrary. Still, if you live here long enough, you will be a victim of crime, scams, lies, and incompetent police work. Reporting this on a webboard is not hate-mongering, but it's simply people talking about their own experiences. The expats who live here long enough, will know that most things said here are not made up. And some people, who almost immediately counter any post with "not true" should show a bit more tolerance for the opinions, or experience told by others.

Seems to be those that post negative stuff NEVER post anything remotely positive.

Same old stuck record about the people and its institutions and labelling every thai with the sins of a very very tiny minority.

The same people have very very thin skins when their ilk are labelled as moaners etc etc.

Cant have it both ways

• Like 2