Man arrested for stealing ex-boss’s ATM card, withdrawing B6.52mn

webfact

Man arrested for stealing ex-boss’s ATM card, withdrawing B6.52mn

Eakkapop Thongtub

1524114243_1-org.jpg

Police place Witoon Buamdee, 37, under arrest in Koh Kaew on Tuesday night (April 17). Photo: Phuket Provincial Police

PHUKET: Police have arrested a man who allegedly stole his ex-boss’s ATM card and somehow used it 248 times to withdraw more B6.5 million for himself.

The suspect, Witoon “Be” Buamdee, 37, was placed under arrest in Moo 4, Koh Kaew, at about 9pm on Tuesday (April 17).

In making the arrest, police seized at the home a shotgun, a home-made firearm and a factory-made pistol.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/man-arrested-for-stealing-ex-boss-atm-card-withdrawing-b6-52mn-66822.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-04-19

8 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

248 times in 4 months and no one noticed until now 6 million baht later. there's got to be more to that than just a stolen atm card

& that equates to 26,000 a pop & there's only 120 days from Dec 16 th 

Must of been some expensive purchases which weren't checked against card

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

& that equates to 26,000 a pop & there's only 120 days from Dec 16 th 

Must of been some expensive purchases which weren't checked against card

if i go out with mates and spend more than 5k on a night out i know i'm waking up with a hangover with her in my ear asking where the hell i went and what i spent it on. 6 million from that guy is damn good going

Clearly there is much to unfold about this story. Victim remains unnamed or nationality ?

If I was in conspiracy mode I would say the 'victim' was a foreigner working away from Thailand. Entrusted his ATM card to 'employee' or maybe girlfriend/wife. Guy returns to Thailand earlier than plan and they crooks had no time to run.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, MaxLee said:

Easy,............ 1,2,3,4 :cheesy::cheesy:

I was in K bank a while back to make a deposit to my gfs bank account. I sat in the front row waiting my turn and watched  4 workers enter the code to access the tellers room... and yep... the code was 1234.. mind numbing..:shock1:

5 hours ago, JRUSA said:

I was in K bank a while back to make a deposit to my gfs bank account. I sat in the front row waiting my turn and watched  4 workers enter the code to access the tellers room... and yep... the code was 1234.. mind numbing..:shock1:

You just tipped off potential robbers. 

Now as easy as 1 2 3 4

The thief and the victim,  are both stereotypical Thais managing their finances (the victim let shit hit the fan until it was comically out of control, the thief, well, he did what Thais do when financial shit hits the fan, and is out of control)

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:18 PM, JRUSA said:

Mind numbing.  If you could see what code is being used it doesn't matter one iota whether it was a simple or complicated series of numbers!