Any of you been victims of violent crime in Thailand?

Not sure if this is the right message board, but have any of you ever been the victim of an aggressive crime in Thailand? I don't mean something so simple like a cab driver overcharging you. I mean something like a young punk pulling a weapon on you, or a working girl earning your trust and then setting you up to get robbed. Please share.. 

Personally no. But a good friend was attacked on his way home about 2am walking on Sukhumvit near Soi 27. My friend is about 70 and does not look rich. He was attacked by a robber who wanted money. The robber didn't warn him like "give me your money or else" but just attacked my friend with a knife. He was stabbed many times. A taxi driver saw him lying on the footpath and drove him to a hospital. My friend was for about 10 days in intensive care and luckily he survived it without long lasting physical damage.

• Sad 3

Personally three times over my decades in LOS, threatened many times.The worst case was when I was whacked over the head with a stick by a bunch of young Thais on motorcycles in an attempted robbery while riding my bicycle at night from Chachoengsao to Pattaya on a pitchdark section of highway 331.

Most will say what a foolish thing to do but I love biking at night and arriving at my destination early morning.

Does being attacked with a knife in my house and being raped count? And I know personally two  women friend of me being also attacked, one in her house (also raped) and one on the road next to my house (she was lucky to escape)....

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, aglae4 said:

Does being attacked with a knife in my house and being raped count? And I know personally two  women friend of me being also attacked, one in her house (also raped) and one on the road next to my house (she was lucky to escape)....

Unless they were felangs, it doesnt count, no

1 hour ago, thecyclist said:

Personally three times over my decades in LOS, threatened many times.The worst case was when I was whacked over the head with a stick by a bunch of young Thais on motorcycles in an attempted robbery while riding my bicycle at night from Chachoengsao to Pattaya on a pitchdark section of highway 331.

Most will say what a foolish thing to do but I love biking at night and arriving at my destination early morning.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Why just in Thailand.....horrible and same effects, no matter where it happens?

Yes, we know that, but we are in Thailand and therefore the interest in this instance is regarding Thailand.  :shock1:

• Like 1

I got shot by a jealous ex husband of my ex girlfriend.Four bullets in left leg and one in my stomache.Ex husband was out on bail waiting a death penalty verdict for shooting another guy in the head from point blank.Took me a while to recover but will never understand how a guy can be out on bail for killing another person from point blank.Amazing Thailand 

• Like 1

Had a worker smash our office window and brought a gun and threatened our security guard at the entrance because we caught him stealing and guy had balls to return thinking he is a hot shot and invincible (apparently he was also small time drug dealer). Needless to say we set up a sting operation with the police and had him haul to jail and told the police to teach him a lesson.

Not violent, but could have been I suppose.

1 hour ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I got shot by a jealous ex husband of my ex girlfriend.Four bullets in left leg and one in my stomache.Ex husband was out on bail waiting a death penalty verdict for shooting another guy in the head from point blank.Took me a while to recover but will never understand how a guy can be out on bail for killing another person from point blank.Amazing Thailand 

Unreformed Law system.till.this very day. 

Maybe we should add the question: Did you learn anything from what happened and could you have prevented it?

From time to time I see idiots arguing with (motorcycle) taxi drivers and sometimes that might end up with a fight. But in all the cases which I saw I think the guy could just have walked away.

• Like 1

I've seen loads of vid's on Youtube of farangs getting the bejesus kicked out of them, almost all have a few things in common, late at night, too much booze, risky behaviour but of course these are the incidents that people like to cite as being Thailand the dangerous, poohey I say. 

• Like 2

visited and travelled in more than 50 countries, lived and worked in five countries and the only incident was an attempted mugging in morocco - and that was partly my fault as i took a short cut across wasteland in the early evening.

thailand? safe as houses, apart from the roads and some beaches if you dont know your limitations and/or how to swim out of a rip tide.

Yes I stopped someone from beating their girl friend and the man pulled a knife on me but I didn’t back down and he did

few bar girl scenes. One time one went to Stab me and I took the knife off her

also given out a fare share of violence. 

Tryinf ti tone it down a bit now as a little too much heat on me at the moment 

also so I managed to get hold of a man who tried it on with my missses. He came off worse

i have been beaten a few time but all par got the corpse 

Been mugged twice by the RTP!

First incident over an accident, not my fault, but was forced to pay.

Second was pure extortion by police conniving with some litigation adversaries who'd lost face, including being dragged out of bed in our hotel and locked up overnight, my wife included, and she had nothing to do with the problem other than being my wife. Having been squeezed for 165k I was then marched off by the immigration police, because I'd spent a night in a Thai cell, who then proceeded to squeeze me for 10k (tried for 20k) to avoid being deported.

I should add this was all in that totally lawless den, Phuket!