Another needless death from selfishness! But still no arrest as car blocks ambulance path

webfact

Another needless death from selfishness! But still no arrest as car blocks ambulance path

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The heart patient in the ambulance blocked in by a white car has died.

Footage posted online earlier this week showed the car in front refusing to pull over despite there being space on the left.

The ambulance had its siren wailing as medical staff fought to save the life of their patient who was on life support systems.

Thai Rath reported comments from netizens many of whom argued that the ambulance should have undertaken the white car by cutting in on the left.

Others said it was not as simple as that - what would be better is if cars moved out of the way.

Thai Rath called it a "drama"; it was the second such case after another patient died last month when a red Suzuki Swift with a nurse passenger and medical emergency staffer driving blocked an ambulance last month.

Tellingly, Thai Rath made no mention of any police action in the case.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-20
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

I don't know which is worse, the idiot not moving out of the way, or the cops not doing anything about it.

People are dying while these selfish retards show absolutely no thought or consideration.
When the cops do nothing about it, expect to see the same thing happening time and again.

Thailand's roads clearly have approximately zero law enforcement, so is it any wonder so many drive like a complete dick?

or "dickess" many awful women drivers too

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phetpeter said:

The big problem is the 'ambulance'! Is he going scene or coming from? plus most Thai's are concerned that these so called ambulance, lowered suspension, fat wheels , belching smoke from there big bore exhausts, just using the lights to look good or what! When a true standard for theses emergency ambulance to set, same lights , sirens etc. Then a hotch pot of secondhand trucks and vans can be used to clean up and have no need for sirens etc, then it will be easier to enforce. We know a bright yellow ambulance in the UK is an emergency vehicle, lights flashing , sirens going,  here who knows is it lunch time?

You're not comparing apples with apples.  The Emergency Services in Britain are operated by the Government and regulated but in Thailand they are either Private Company run Services or Volunteer Services with Charity Funding and all are unregulated with regard to what Vehicles they use and the standards that apply to those Vehicles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I don't know which is worse, the idiot not moving out of the way, or the cops not doing anything about it.

People are dying while these selfish retards show absolutely no thought or consideration.
When the cops do nothing about it, expect to see the same thing happening time and again.

Thailand's roads clearly have approximately zero law enforcement, so is it any wonder so many drive like a complete dick?

A media outlet not mentioning police action does not mean no police action is being taken.

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

You are so right.

In the states if you don’t move you get a very expensive ticket.

Here people don’t even try.

Unfortunalely, life is cheap here.

How about some stiff laws and enforcement?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

"Tellingly, Thai Rath made no mention of any police action in the case".

That is very different from saying that the "police took no action"

Not mentioning it ....and not doing it....two different things. You know what they say about  "loose lips"....if one is not certain of all the facts.

Edited by dotpoom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, spermwhale said:

I too have been driving in Thailand for 15 years and I can tell you with complete certainty that about half of the drivers are completely selfish and will use their cars as wedges drive on the side of the road to get ahead. make illegal u-turns, cut you off and much much more.

My favorite thing to do when I go back to my home country is drive because people are so courteous. 

Maybe you live in a small town but in BKK rudeness and complete indifference are the norm. 

I love it when they deliberately close the gap when you try and merge with the traffic, or deliberately block intersections. Ignorance and selfishness abounds.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This emergency passage in Bavaria was about 7 km long. It looks like in a more civilized society people are willing to learn from mistakes. Photos taken from ambulance this month.
If you failed to immediately create an emergency passage for a vehicle with the blue flashing light and horn you will be fined = € 240 - with endangerment= € 280 - with accident= € 320.

656895b0-9059-42f6-b3b6-5b8d65b4dfde_zps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thais should be taught to do what they have to do in Germany

I vaguely remember this system being widely advertised on German TV and in the newspapers for ages in the late 60's, or was it early 70's?.

Then they announced that they would test it.

A fortified fire engine would drive through the safety lane and if any vehicle was damaged, the insurance would not pay not could the vehicle owner sue the fire engine. Something like that.

So they could start here?

http://www.gettingaroundgermany.info/regeln.shtml

And for Motorway driving?

http://www.gettingaroundgermany.info/autobahn.shtml

• Like 1