Phuket Gov gives financial compensation to Songkran road death victim’s family

rooster59

Phuket Gov gives financial compensation to Songkran road death victim’s family

The Phuket News

1524287905_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong gives financial compensation to Mr Li's father yesterday (Apr 20). Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong yesterday gave financial compensation to the family of the Chinese tourist who died in a road accident on Phuket on Apr 14.

Chinese national Li Jing, 29, was the sole fatality of the Songkran road safety campaign for 2018.

Mr Li was riding a motorbike along the Kamala-Patong road at 2:30pm on Apr 14 when the motorbike collided with a pickup truck. Mr Li suffered extensive injuries and was rushed to Vachira Phuket Hospital in Phuket Town, where he was pronounced dead. Mr Li was not wearing a helmet at the time of the collision, noted the DDPM report. (See story here.)

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-gov-gives-financial-compensation-to-songkran-road-death-victim-family-66849.php#DO0w1MSWifCyyC7m.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-04-21

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Maybe because he was the victim of an accident and this is insurance money they are entitled to?

Insurance paying out within a couple of days.i don't think so.if there was any insurance the company will hold out for as long as it take for the family just to fade away and all is forgotten about.remember TIT not a western country where they would just wriggle out of it because she wasn't wearing a helmet or entitled to ride.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Insurance paying out within a couple of days.i don't think so.if there was any insurance the company will hold out for as long as it take for the family just to fade away and all is forgotten about.remember TIT not a western country where they would just wriggle out of it because she wasn't wearing a helmet or entitled to ride.

My suggestion is more likely than yours.

Why do you keep saying she'?

20 hours ago, schlog said:

Why?

"The money that we have given is to help towards the basic needs of the family. We have ordered officials to help his family with everything.”

The Phuket PR Office reported that Mr Li’s family thanked Phuket officials for the assistance they provided in bringing them to Phuket and that a religious ceremony will be conducted for Mr Li here in Phuket before his ashes are returned to China.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-gov-gives-financial-compensation-to-songkran-road-death-victim-family-66849.php#5KxygjmEx1F1gJDF.99

15 hours ago, stevenl said:

My suggestion is more likely than yours.

Why do you keep saying she'?

Oh sorry I miss read it was a man.there is absolutely no mention of insurance in the report.the governor has given the assistance.mr li's family thanked Phuket officials not any insurance company.so where did that come from.you just go ahead and believe what you want.my suggestion is more likely than yours.grow up man.

23 hours ago, stevenl said:

Maybe because he was the victim of an accident and this is insurance money they are entitled to?

It was clearly stated that the guy was not wearing a helmet, afaik no insurance will pay. I also doubt that any insurance would be made available so quickly, and finally why from the hands of the governor and wife?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

It was clearly stated that the guy was not wearing a helmet, afaik no insurance will pay. I also doubt that any insurance would be made available so quickly, and finally why from the hands of the governor and wife?

Porobor will pay.

On top of that the insurance from the involved car, if any and to blame, will pay.

Governor for the photo op.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Porobor will pay.

On top of that the insurance from the involved car, if any and to blame, will pay.

Governor for the photo op.

I would say you are correct, its just a photo op, handing over the Porobor insurance payout. Porobor gets payed with no license, no helmut etc.

To legally ride a scooter as a tourist in Thailand you need to have a full motorcycle license from your own country.phuket police sometimes when they're hungry pull out this money making tactic.most travel insurance state you are required to have a full license and only up to 125cc.that also being on extra cover like gold cover.basic travel insurance won't cover you.as for the cars insurance paying out for a tourist with no helmet and or no license.your guess is as good as mine..the payment was just a photo op.ask yourself if there were 120 deaths could you see the governor handing out money to a queue of people....it was a very cheap photo op,nothing more.

8 hours ago, happy chappie said:

To legally ride a scooter as a tourist in Thailand you need to have a full motorcycle license from your own country.phuket police sometimes when they're hungry pull out this money making tactic.most travel insurance state you are required to have a full license and only up to 125cc.that also being on extra cover like gold cover.basic travel insurance won't cover you.as for the cars insurance paying out for a tourist with no helmet and or no license.your guess is as good as mine..the payment was just a photo op.ask yourself if there were 120 deaths could you see the governor handing out money to a queue of people....it was a very cheap photo op,nothing more.

Your guess is wrong.

Regarding travel insurance, depends on the policy conditions, making assumptions or general statements is not wise.

16 hours ago, stevenl said:

Your guess is wrong.

Regarding travel insurance, depends on the policy conditions, making assumptions or general statements is not wise.

Yes you have to take out travel insurance where the policy allows the person to ride a scooter and most travel insurance doesnt cover you.its not a guess.ive been through the insurance system and ended up with a very large bill because I wasn't covered.if anyone is guessing it's you with saying the insurance paid out withing a couple of days when the op says that the governor of Phuket gave the family the money.not the insurance company.why don't you admit your wrong.oh no you couldn't do that.just face the facts of what was reported and stop guessing.i bet your wife goes through hell with a know it all like you.to try and cast me as being wrong is to be in self denial of yourself being wrong.man up and face the facts.it wasn't insurance it was just a photo op.

Edited by happy chappie
Added to comment.

" .if anyone is guessing it's you with saying the insurance paid out withing a couple of days when the op says that the governor of Phuket gave the family the money. "

Not exactly what I said, but yes, I was guessing. The word 'maybe' in my reply could be an indication. Oh, and him giving the money does not mean it was his money.

Now also in the rest of your post you're showing you have no knowledge of insurance. Which is fine, but please don't make assumptions about it.

And with regards to your comments about my family life, just sad you feel the need to stoop so low.

Edited by stevenl