Comment: Pattaya branded 'sleazy den of sin' in wake of orgy scandal - give Pattaya and the rest of us a break!

snoop1130

I dont understand why sex is so frowned upon. Or paying for it. After all, we all pay in the end. Id just rather be in charge of my own life and have sex when Im horny, not when my bird says so hahaha
Can anyone enlighten me on what is so bad about sex, or 2 or 20 consenting adults engaging in it? Even if money has changed hands? 

Orgys happen every day, more than once, in every country in the world. When it happens in Pattaya (THE SEX CAPITAL OF THE WORLD) it seems to be a massive shock!!! WHY??? Its the sex capital of the world for flips sake!

Lastly the Pattaya bashers . . . get it into your 3 inch thick skulls that those of us who choose to frequent Pattaya as opposed to reside in Nakhon Nowhere with a nagging buffalo worrying about where to find a Starbucks or if there is any decent cheese or vino in that part of the world haha what a dull existence, but hey, each to their own 

Funny how Vegas doesnt seem to be accused of being sleazy? And to the poster who said he would be dead after spending a bag of sand on girls in a week . . . . $1k would last you about an hour in Vegas haha so hey, thank god for Pattaya. Keep on bashing.

Well written and attacked Rooster, great work :thumbsup:

Give me a break!  Pattaya can't hold a candle to the sex scene in Bangkok!  There are swingers clubs in every city of any size in the world.  If a tourist is offended by the activities in Pattaya please go somewhere else.  I wish the millions of Chinese that swamp Pattaya would be offended.  The choking smoke from all the tour busses has made Pattaya traffic a nightmare.

Guess everyone in Great Britain is tired of reading and hearing about Brexit!:smile:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Pattaya has gotten so big, so successful, and so popular these past few years that a non-news story like this is but a ripple in the current; Pattaya sails on.  Terminal 21 nears completion.  Amari is going full tilt on its two new luxury hotels.  Mytt, Brighton, and Grand Palazzo Hotels have opened.  A new 59 story condo with 1600 rooms is on the books for Jomtien, to join the massive One Condo project and Riviera Jomtien.  

Sansiri has torn down a small, old hotel in central Pattaya, to be replaced with the Edge condo.  Mike Shopping Mall across the street is being re-done.  Up the street a bit, Chang has just put up construction fencing around its Imperial Hotel.  Lots of land there from Second Road to Beach Road; perhaps Asiatique Prime is set to go there--one is planned for Pattaya.  Across the street, Chang is also redeveloping the Grand Sole Hotel and a very large tract of land adjacent to it.  Whatever goes in next to the hotel will be replacing old shop houses and tumbledown sheds behind them; should be a big improvement.  Just a few examples of what is happening all over Pattaya--and that's the big news story.

building all those new buildings does not make Pattaya a better place only a bigger place to attract more people and with more people comes more problems. Maybe Pattaya has become too big and therefore it cannot handle all the problems that it has

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

building all those new buildings does not make Pattaya a better place only a bigger place to attract more people and with more people comes more problems. Maybe Pattaya has become too big and therefore it cannot handle all the problems that it has

To each his own but for someone who lives here year-round, I welcome the wider shopping choices, the wider choices of restaurants, the new entertainment, such as the D'Luck Theater and Terminal 21.  I welcome old, decrepit buildings being replaced by new and nicer offerings.  I welcome the recent investment that has turned a rather rundown place like Central Center into the transformed Central Marina. For me, as a resident, it's all making Pattaya a better place.   

14 hours ago, lanista said:

This is not news, the media simply pull out an old  video  dust it off and away they go.

Everyone in Australia has known since the 70's that Thailand  and the Philippines are the sex & marriage dens of Asia. Very poor Laos, Cambodia and Burma  dont want it so LOS gets the bulk of arrivals.

Single men go to Pattaya for sex .  Thats it!  Done.

Pattaya is cheap sex and buying young Isan bar wives . 

You can hire a girl for a month cheaper than hiring a small car in Thailand.

The entire infrastructure of Pattaya was built off prostitution revenue.

No-one goes there for the polluted beaches unless they're Chinese or Russians who have never seen a beach before and dont know any better.

Actually, most  aussies have never heard of Pattaya. They always think of Bangkok and the golden triangle -drugs-  up  North. BKK and CM are where the really serious stuff goes on expecially BKK

Orgies in Pattaya?   big deal  who cares ! just a bunch of  pot bellied middleaged men in a room full of Asian hookers.

You got that right!

Nonsense, only 10% of the city is focused on sex tourism.  Pattaya is more than walking street and the bar sois. 

Many expats live and work here.  And do not frequent go go clubs and bars.  

• Like 1

Sensationalist reports are everywhere in all the media and SM these days.

Central Pattaya, "Walking Street" is a den of vice, anyone that tries to defend that has a serious case of denial.

Many retirees have properties in the suburbs and have no or little contact with the sex trade.

Tourists know well enough where they are going. If it is a beach holiday they crave Pattaya is not the venue to book. Pattaya city downtown is not a family destination.

If they want night life and all that goes with it, plus a sun tan and a companion Pattaya is a likely destination.

What adults do behind closed doors shouldn't be a problem unless it is against the law of the land.

:wai:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

More "Both sides do it" pseudointellectual nonsense that completely ignores the context... 

Nowhere and I repeat NO WHERE in the world are so many criminals located in such a small area (outside of a prison). 

?????????

The White House?

22 hours ago, lanista said:

Shutting down sex tourism in Pattaya would have the same affect as shutting down gambling in Vegas.

Tumbleweeds would be rolling down beach road in 30 days. All the goods and services shops and factories will shutter because there  will be  no people left to buy anything both Thais and foreigners alike. No sex. no foreign men +Thais leave = no Pattaya. It will go back to being a sleepy fishing port with a few Thai's sleeping on hammocks.  Eventually everything goes full circle.

I am glad you referenced Las Vegas, because there is a lesson to be learned. At one time Vegas was a violent place controlled by mobsters. The gambling was a rip off, and there was no recourse  if the strippers and pimps died or attacked johns etc. Vegas' worst excesses were cleaned up with the Disneyfication of the place and Vegas was reinvented as a family destination. It is much harder to intimidate the CEO of a massive multibillion dollar multinational than it is to strongarm Louis the Laundrette owner.  Thailand could transform the worst places in Thailand like Pattaya and Patong if it approached the  problems in the same way that was done in Las Vegas.  There are still brothels in Nevada but they don't have   kids  and trafficked women or drug addicts working  in them.

28 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

I am glad you referenced Las Vegas, because there is a lesson to be learned. At one time Vegas was a violent place controlled by mobsters. The gambling was a rip off, and there was no recourse  if the strippers and pimps died or attacked johns etc. Vegas' worst excesses were cleaned up with the Disneyfication of the place and Vegas was reinvented as a family destination. It is much harder to intimidate the CEO of a massive multibillion dollar multinational than it is to strongarm Louis the Laundrette owner.  Thailand could transform the worst places in Thailand like Pattaya and Patong if it approached the  problems in the same way that was done in Las Vegas.  There are still brothels in Nevada but they don't have   kids  and trafficked women or drug addicts working  in them.

This is right but the difference is this Thailand is 50 plus year from this ever happening that is my number for one reason and one reason only.. The love of the corruption of money the current governing body isn't willing to share it as yet and go somewhat legit?

If this was indeed the case, then a significant portion of Thailand’s international visitors are “bad guys”; of the 33 million who visited the country last year, 13 million went to Pattaya, a city known for more than just its beaches.

Some might disagree but let’s call a spade a spade: many are drawn to the city for one thing – sex. Despite prostitution being illegal in Thailand, Pattaya has a reported 27,000 sex workers – that’s roughly one for every five people living in the city.

While aspects of prostitution in Thailand are illegal, legislation regulates places like gogo bars and soapie massage parlours, which mainly operate legally.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

23 hours ago, johncat1 said:

Pattaya has a hard earned and well deserved reputation, without it Pattaya would still be a sleepy fishing village as it was before the Yanks on their R/R from Vietnam  eventually turned it into what it is today. 

Pattaya is the sex capital of Thailand, even beating Bangkok for it's variety of nightlife.

Most of the people who knock Pattaya ( me included )  Have been there, done that, and got the Tshirt. Then grown up and moved onto the REAL Thailand  away from the plastic image and bright lights of tinsel town .  

Pattaya has its' uses and these are limited to the nightlife and a good selection of Western eating places, and of course Beautiful  women of all shapes,  sizes  and ages. Including many girls straight from school looking for a Farang husband or ATM . This is FACT not fiction as many of my ex students went straight from school to work in the bars when they turned 18 . Let's face it the beaches are crap and you have to watch your back when you go out at night . Ok to visit but who in their right minds would want to live there ?

Well i am in my right mind and i live here with my wife who has a very good job ,my son who now is in charge of a small company ,in our lovely detached house with our nice car and lots of friends who like me ,live in nice areas. cant remember when was the last time i was in the "sexy part" of Pattaya where young girls leave school and go straight to the bars to grab a foreigner or atm , and in the 25 years here have been out thousands of times at night and never once had to "watch my back"

so please stop posting  rubbish , especially as you are a "teacher "working in Thailand .lol

• Like 2

On 4/24/2018 at 10:47 PM, darksidedog said:

Well done Rooster. I appreciate your efforts to stand up for Pattaya. Those of us who live here, know the reality and 95% or more of that printed in tabloids is garbage, miles from the mark.
However, on this occasion, you have to say that the cops really screwed up. As you say, this was just a bunch of swingers having an erotic night out with other like minded and consensual people. It is the cops who blew it out of proportion and the cops who released disgraceful video, showing the faces of naked people who were not subsequently charged with any crime. If Thailand wants to keep Pattaya out of the International news media for the wrong reasons, perhaps the cops and reporters might want to show a little more common sense and restraint, before releasing such sensational stories. Especially when they are essentially rubbish.

Well said, it's easy to throw mud at another country, I am sure they don't like it also when other picks on them in the same way, Most newspapers are only good for one thing anyway, and it's not reading them.:smile: :smile::smile:

• Haha 1

Over the last two century , i get a lot of couples fromeurope visiting us, incl my parents

their was never any complain about girls/or nightlife, even many of the couples even drink a beer at beerbar for joy.

the last years i get a lot of complains, but they  not about nightlife...

the complains list is

1. dirty streets and beaches

2  .its getting more expensive 

but the complain number 1  is COMMING FROM EVERY COUPLE!!!

last year , a lady, i know her 30yrs, she was first timein thailand, she asked me

how  you can stay in this dirty country /city for so long, it was a mistake to come, and she will never come back here,,,,,,

in pattaya is really only ONE PROBLEM !!!

rubbish,dirty, seawater even outside pattaya a nightmare !! the rest is minor traffic, goverment was alloud to many hihrise buildings,loose charme due to that, taxiis........................... 

so here is the list what they have to do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and not the bullshit about sex, girls,nightlife, this is really not the problem of pattaya and pattaya was and is , a safe place, thats the only good thing, their is no other place like that in the world, waht is save like pattaya.

Edited by lapamita

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:20 AM, lanista said:

Shutting down sex tourism in Pattaya would have the same affect as shutting down gambling in Vegas.

Tumbleweeds would be rolling down beach road in 30 days. All the goods and services shops and factories will shutter because there  will be  no people left to buy anything both Thais and foreigners alike. No sex. no foreign men +Thais leave = no Pattaya. It will go back to being a sleepy fishing port with a few Thai's sleeping on hammocks.  Eventually everything goes full circle.

Nonsense.  Regular tourists already far outnumber the so-called sex tourists.  Add in the large expat community, local Thai residents, and Thai visitors; Pattaya isn't going to curl up and die.  A variation of your argument was used years ago in America when a smoking ban in bars was being debated.  "If you ban smoking all the bars will close!  Nobody will want to go to a bar if they can't smoke!  We'll all go out of business!  Boo hoo!"   Well, the ban went into effect and, surprise, no bars closed.  Seems there are far more non-smokers than smokers and they welcomed the smoking ban.   Likewise with regular tourists and sex-tourists.  As Pattaya evolves it might be losing some types of tourists but it is gaining far more of other types. Terminal 21, and everything else new going up, is not being built, and won't survive, on sex tourists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

Well i am in my right mind and i live here with my wife who has a very good job ,my son who now is in charge of a small company ,in our lovely detached house with our nice car and lots of friends who like me ,live in nice areas. cant remember when was the last time i was in the "sexy part" of Pattaya where young girls leave school and go straight to the bars to grab a foreigner or atm , and in the 25 years here have been out thousands of times at night and never once had to "watch my back"

so please stop posting  rubbish , especially as you are a "teacher "working in Thailand .lol

Me, too.

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Well i am in my right mind and i live here with my wife who has a very good job ,my son who now is in charge of a small company ,in our lovely detached house with our nice car and lots of friends who like me ,live in nice areas. 

You forgot the lovely swimming pool and maid who worships the ground you walk on.
I like the "lots of friends who like me live in nice areas" part the best. Its got that honest and cosy Facebook feel about it.
  • Like 1

I really wish all of these "purity pretenders" would just leave us alone, with their fake narratives, and their false modesty. It is so phony. It rings so untrue, and feels like the epitome of hypocrisy, which I am sure in 99% of the cases, is exactly what it is. Just leave people alone. Let people have some fun. As long as it is consensual, the woman is of legal age, and she is treated with kindness and respect, what is the big deal here? Most know there is an element in Pattaya that caters to the punters. So what? What is the big deal. Get over yourself, please.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:31 PM, lovelomsak said:

Busting a swinger party give me a break. 

You can find swinger clubs in any major city in the world. Google swinger clubs for any city and they will be there. Canada the country of the pure has them in Montreal Calgary,Vancouver you name it.

I think in the perverse Thai mentality they thought a swinger bust would  make Thailand's sex image be one of just like minded people having sex rather than  hookers on the beach image. An attempt to minimalize the sex industry here.

Totally agree.........not speaking from experience, but did consider it once as I knew a few guys who regularly attended haha.........they are in every country and all these countries making a so called big deal of it should look in their own back yard..........where I lived in Oz they were regular events and advertised in the personal columns of the papers haha...... 

Excellent article.  Pattaya is no worse than many places in Thailand.  Astute comments point out how ludicrous Pattaya Plod's behaviour was in bringing to the world's attention a rather insignificant misdemeanour whilst major crimes are committed daily by the hypocritical BIB holding the camera. 

• Like 1