Best monthly smartphone package with Unlimited data

punchandjudy

I currently pay around 600 Baht per month for unlimited data, however it gets very slow after I have used a certain amount of GB.

The package is AIS Mao Mao and after VAT is just under 600 Baht per month 

Normal phone calls are not included but I can top this up separately. 

I am just wondering if anyone can suggest a package that has completely unlimited data with high speed all the time?

I do not need super fast - normally I use data for browsing social media, LINE voice calls and watching YouTube.

Thank you in advance.

How high is high?

If 4Mbs is high enough, and for what you describe it probably is, then you can get it for just 450B+VAT/month from True and others. I get that package on a weekly basis (150B+VAT) when I'm travelling so as to avoid erratic hotel wifi. I use it for streaming video in the evenings without any trouble. It also works fine in the car for Spotify and GPS traffic updates.
At least one provider was recently offering 6Mbs for about that price, though those offers seem to come and go.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/topping/promotion&activity_en.html

There is also a prepaid yearly version from True at about 2500B+VAT, though that involves getting a new SIM and above all a new number. If you have a dual-SIM phone with an unused slot then that might be perfect for you. It's certainly cheap enough, though one can find the same package on Lazada for under 2000B/year, including VAT.

8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

If 4Mbs is high enough, and for what you describe it probably is, then you can get it for just 450B+VAT/month from True and others.

With respect..how is that better than 230 or 210 Bt. as quoted above with CAT?

I have AIS  but rarely use up the quota of fast data, 1GB /week (3G Non-stop 123). I switch to wireless data for most of the time, my own at home and AIS Super Wi-Fi found in many places and included free with my package. 

What naboo posted is probably the cheapest 4mbps unlimited plan, i didn't see something like this anywhere else.

The yearly True package I mentioned is almost identical. And the same package from Lazada undercuts it by more than 20% as I mentioned.

Edited by KittenKong

With respect..how is that better than 230 or 210 Bt. as quoted above with CAT?

I also mentioned a yearly package at that price, but the OP was not clear as to whether he wanted a yearly or monthly package. As he is currently paying monthly I assumed that he wanted a direct replacement for that.

However both options are there from True and others.

Looking at the CAT coverage map they seem to have less 4G than some of the other providers, though coverage maps are notoriously unreliable.

When I tested True 3G for a day I found it to be very inadequate, and not a patch on their 4G offer.

If u have true wallet app and can read Thai or get someone to do it for you there 4mbps is 299  30 days. And have credit 20 bht in wallet for next fill 

It's only in Thai though

( For Thais) ... Apparently

Hang on I think my girl had to use here id card #

Though if memory serves me

So....

I currently pay around 600 Baht per month for unlimited data, however it gets very slow after I have used a certain amount of GB.

The package is AIS Mao Mao and after VAT is just under 600 Baht per month 

Normal phone calls are not included but I can top this up separately. 

I am just wondering if anyone can suggest a package that has completely unlimited data with high speed all the time?

I do not need super fast - normally I use data for browsing social media, LINE voice calls and watching YouTube.

Thank you in advance.
That package doesn't get slow. I have it too. It's unlimited data that's at a restricted speed of 1 Mb/s. It doesn't slow down after you've used a certain amount of data. That's why it's Unlimited, but bandwidth restricted. However I find it has no problems in playing YouTube videos for instance without any buffering.