93 foreigners rounded up in nationwide crackdowns

webfact

3 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

Nothing odd... common practice. But I would like to see the names of said international schools. Been here teaching 15 years and if they actually did a serious clean up of foreigners teaching on tourist visas it might help the legal ones attain better salaries. 

then there's all the filipino teachers who work for next to nothing. to get a qualified teacher with say QTS or similar who would get a job at Rugby school or something like that, i'd imagine they are paid over 100k and have other benefits too. the local schools just don't have the budget and if they do it's usually been creamed off

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

And all of these criminals are working in the schools are they? I dare say there are some serious criminals working around the country. I would be much happier seeing the police target them, though that of course, could involve some real police work. Its a sad day when the cops round up a few teachers and think it is worthy of national news.

interesting point. there are a few real criminals, serious criminals that have lived off destroying other peoples lives that still are left alone. boiler rooms for example. you know who i mean

turns out the city police in the uk and the fbi are not as influential as the chinese who insisted that those call centre scammers targeting them get shut down

Edited by clash
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

While they 'round up' and corral the odd jetsam and flotsam of Thailand's undesirables, hundreds others coming in on a daily basis using all points

of entry into the country, plug in holes in the incoming first at the same

time clean the place from whomever is not here legally or usefully....

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Its a sad day when the cops round up a few teachers and think it is worthy of national news.

It's a sad day if they are able to round up, I think we are way over 300 by now, in schools alone

Edited by janclaes47

20 minutes ago, clash said:

i think it's true. alot of african non native speakers get jobs in local schools in the sticks and even get work permits with their nothing degrees from africa which are no better than the crap you could buy on kaosarn years ago. then they moonlight selling shit coke or doing romance scams or what ever other dodgy crap they are into. big joke knows this and is doing something about it. good for him

Maybe.  I guess we don't know.  But scamming brings in serious money I would have thought, whereas teaching English is hard graft, especially summer camps. Maybe they are pretty useless at both.  Just sounds peculiar.

19 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

And all of these criminals are working in the schools are they? I dare say there are some serious criminals working around the country. I would be much happier seeing the police target them, though that of course, could involve some real police work. Its a sad day when the cops round up a few teachers and think it is worthy of national news.

yes

but they are the tourist police

8 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Maybe.  I guess we don't know.  But scamming brings in serious money I would have thought, whereas teaching English is hard graft, especially summer camps. Maybe they are pretty useless at both.  Just sounds peculiar.

yes scamming brings in serious money. you only need to ask paul hayward and his mates who so far have got away with it, but i suspect not for long

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

I guess the schools are doing summer camps and can't find normal teachers, but I just don't find the reports credible.  Quite honestly, I can't see any normal school letting illegal, non-native speakers anywhere near the kids.  Something a bit odd here!

I disagree...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1