British Embassy Credit Card Authorization Form

I may be being more than usually obtuse here but I've just downloaded the CC Authorization form from the British Embassy web site and I can't make sense of it!

What on earth is 'Contact Number of Payee'?  The payee is, presumably, the Brotish Embassy but what is the 'Contact Number'?

'Relation to Applicant' makes no sense at all!

Any clues, anyone?  The form that I have used previously was quite straightforward - the new one is not!

Selection_001.png.b7b7c5c318b2dabc2221ab18b9ea6a8c.png

2 minutes ago, rawhod said:

IMHO, in correct English that should read "Contact number of payer"...

Indeed, I've just completed this form myself for my latest income confirmation letter application and inserted my phone number here.

I've left "Relation To Applicant" blank since I'll be paying with my own credit card. I would imagine that you only need to complete this field if you're using someone else's card (as evident from the "Name On Card" entry).

OK, that certainly makes more sense.

I wondered if this was something specific to email applications but, in fact, whether you download the email of postal versions, the form is just the same.

British Embassy giving us an excellent service as usual!!

17 minutes ago, Whitson said:

What does not make sense is the amount they charge compared to other countries! Hugely inflated price for a simple service.

Even more so if one uses a well-known local visa agent...ahem!

Why would anyone use an agent to obtain a letter that is easily requested online or via the mail? 

I guess there are a number of reasons why people use agencies. Maybe they lack the confidence or perhaps the competance to fill in the requested documents.

However, having used this service it is quick and simple if you follow the instructions correctly.

I used the passport service too...took two trips to Trendy but saved a fortune in that certain visa agents fees!

6 hours ago, OJAS said:

Indeed, I've just completed this form myself for my latest income confirmation letter application and inserted my phone number here.

I've left "Relation To Applicant" blank since I'll be paying with my own credit card. I would imagine that you only need to complete this field if you're using someone else's card (as evident from the "Name On Card" entry).

You are absolutely correct.

The payee is the person making the payment not the person receiving the payment. Therfore of course you enter your own phone number.

As you have stated the relation to applicant is only necessary if you do not use your own card for payment.

The form is in correct english and quite clear in my opinion.

It appears that the credit/debit card payment authorisation form has been recently modified.  The previous version asked basically the same questions about the card but asked for the "Cardholder's tel. No:"

The OP, and some others, are right to be confused as many people think that payee is the person making the payment, when in fact it is the person/organisation receiving the payment.

I've sent my contact at the Embassy an email pointing out the error and suggesting that 'in the interest of good customer service' they correct their form asap.  I'm holding my breath :saai:

14 hours ago, Whitson said:

I guess there are a number of reasons why people use agencies. Maybe they lack the confidence or perhaps the competance to fill in the requested documents.

Not having to traipse back and forth to Bangkok may be another reason. There is also a statement that they obtain the receipt needed by immigration to transfer any extensions to the new passport that would otherwise need a vist to the consul, 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not having to traipse back and forth to Bangkok may be another reason. There is also a statement that they obtain the receipt needed by immigration to transfer any extensions to the new passport that would otherwise need a vist to the consul, 

A letter requesting immigration to transfer stamps to a new passport is routinely issued by VFS at the time a new passport is collected. For those who renew their passport in the UK, the letter can be requested by email and it will be sent by EMS by the Embassy staff.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, doctormann said:

British Embassy giving us an excellent service as usual!!

In fairness to the Embassy, at least they offer an alternative payment method to credit/debit cards  - in stark contrast to HMPO who insist on passport renewals only being paid for by a limited range of acceptable credit/debit cards.