Movie Theater Accidentally Shows Terrifying Horror Trailer Before ‘Peter Rabbit’, Families Run Out Screaming

rooster59

Movie Theater Accidentally Shows Terrifying Horror Trailer Before ‘Peter Rabbit’, Families Run Out Screaming

THOMAS FREEMAN

rabbit.JPG

(Photos: A24 & Sony Pictures)

"Parents were yelling at the projectionist to stop, covering their kids' eyes and ears."

The upcoming horror indie Hereditary has been called the scariest movie since The Exorcist, traumatizing audiences at Sundance and other advance screenings.

Just ask some kids in Perth, Australia, where a trailer for the fright flick played at a showing of Peter Rabbit, which was packed with children and families.

The trailer, which shows a young girl decapitating a dead bird, a boy's head being slammed against a desk, someone being burned alive and Toni Collette screaming bloody murder, was most definitely not appropriate for a PG audience. 

Full story: https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/hereditary-trailer-peter-rabbit-2018-4

MAXIM: 2018-04-28

• Haha 1

Years ago as a treat for the primary students, we reserved a cinema in Bangkok to watch a Harry Potter movie. We were the only ones there and popcorn and drinks were soon handed out. While waiting for the feature, we were treated to various trailers. One in particular stood out. Can't remember the name of movie but it involved crime and a lot of cussing with the f word.

My immediate thought was why were we being shown this as the cinema knew that we had 200 students booked. Then I thought the parents are going to be upset. But, come to find out many of the students have already seen this particular movie at home on a black market CD...

• Haha 2

Many years ago in a conservative small town in Ohio I took a 15-year-old girl to see a Jerry Lewis comedy. It was a time when a new magazine called "Playboy" was banned. The co-feature was some prize-winning documentary. That movie started with an African man walking toward the camera. His 12 inches or so was on full display. The audience was in shock, my date slid onto the floor, but not in a good way. I, a student at an all boys Catholic school, knew nothing about sex, was still a virgin and knew I could never compete with THAT, and remained so for more years.

• Like 1

This happens ALL the time in Thai cinemas! We try to time our arrival into the theatre a little bit late, to miss most of the trailers. Even then, my 7 year old son knows to get ready to shut his eyes and cover his ears if any 'nasty' trailers come on...