Noisy Pit Bull Next Door

Johnniey

1 hour ago, maximillian said:

Wear earplugs in your own house for many hours every day ?

Very unpleasant.

Sometimes I wear earplugs but find them very inconvenient after one hour.

Earplugs what a joke.

If the dogs being let out that's the key. Had the same thing happen with a dog that killed a couple of my kittens, sans the barking issue.

go after that sucker! I got so mad I went after it with a rock and chain. The dog never came back and ran every time if saw me in the soi.

your simply being to nice, that's it. Not sure how to solve the noise issue since the dog is confident on its territory where u can't go, but the aggression on your land is very solvable, it surely is.

whats weirder is ever since then dogs don't bother me anymore, even other dogs! They can sense it and will stay away when you learn to stand up for yourself.

Edited by Dick Crank
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Were your dogs out of your yard? How else did the pitbull attack them?

Yes they were - they are small dogs. Do you have a problem with that? Do you think they were asking to be killed, which they would have been if I hadn't whacked the mutt repeatedly with a metal gardening hoe?

Do you think Pitbulls should be allowed to run free?

Do you know what these dogs are bred for?

I think they should be slaughtered if they are.

Edited by Johnniey
  • Sad 1

You cant expect action from the authorities as they barely do work. I think you can forget that part.

The owners don't seem to care much as they got used to the noise.

If moving is not an option, and you cant talk sense into them, i would suggest buying the loudest car alarm you can find with remote. 

Every time the dog barks you hit the remote and hope it will annoy the neighbors enough to take action. But be careful they dont call the cops on you or you annoy the whole street.

(If the dog is scared of the noise it might even learn not to bark)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, giddyup said:

No, I don't think they should have been killed, but if the pitbull runs free would have thought it made sense to keep your dogs in your yard. What would have happened if they'd been run over, it would be the drivers fault? Perhaps take some responsibility yourself.

You make me laugh with your nonsense.

I have 2 little poodle sized dogs that have been running around our dead end soi for a 3 years. Some <deleted> comes and leaves a killer alone for 2 days at a time, then lets it out in a soi where there are other dogs and kids, and you say I'm being irresponsible. 

You need some lessons in rational thinking.

I assure you, if my kids were young, that dog would be dead already.

Ever taken two nearly dead dogs to the vet, with multiple holes in them?

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Hard to complain when you have dogs of your own

I have 4 nuisance dogs next door to me, thankfully they sound like less of a problem than your adjacent house.

Any option to move house? Likely the only solution.

By evolution thai people have special eardrums ,

instead of very thin ,they have concrete ones.Perfect solution to noisy dogs , ambulance sirenes , and .....

Also by evolution  their nose is reinforced with concrete props, again perfect solution to stinking dumps,fermented fish, smoke from burning rubbish and plastic next to your house ......

The eyes .....same thing,look at all those accidents .

So , now that you know this , dont try to explain your problems to them.........

the answer is " No pombem !"

And dont touch the dog ! It is not his fault that his boss is Thai.

• Like 2

I read on here recently that it was now against the law to have a dog that is left howling unattended, and indeed even if attended, and action can be taken against the owners which will result in them getting fined.

I know you have already reported this to the police but on the basis of what I pointed out above I would certainly dig deeper into this new law.

What happened after you reported the attack on your dog's? Seems that would have been the best time to push the issue. Always remember "give an inch, take a mile". You didn't say if the owners were Thai but if they are that's especially true. Sounds like you are moving though. 

14 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I read on here recently that it was now against the law to have a dog that is left howling unattended, and indeed even if attended, and action can be taken against the owners which will result in them getting fined.

I know you have already reported this to the police but on the basis of what I pointed out above I would certainly dig deeper into this new law.

That's probably no new law, and the law is not tied to dogs, Thailand simply has a law that forbids making too much noise, and the noise of a dog falls under this law as well... the problem is getting this law enforced

I had the same problem with the neighbour's dog, but the neighbour did understand my problem and now at least at night he puts a dog muzzle on which prevents the dog from barking.

Edited by jackdd

did some westeners here get as dumb as the locals ?

move ? earplugs ? mai pen rai ?

hey, I got some advise :  try to find a dog fighting killer with thai friend and you buy the biggest most nasty killer you can, you buy it, you let it lose in your soi and hope it kills this <deleted> dog, great advise, right ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Yes they were - they are small dogs. Do you have a problem with that? Do you think they were asking to be killed, which they would have been if I hadn't whacked the mutt repeatedly with a metal gardening hoe?

Do you think Pitbulls should be allowed to run free?

Do you know what these dogs are bred for?

I think they should be slaughtered if they are.

I don't envy your plight Johnnie

But dogs are only what we make them..... maybe use your suggestion for the owner not the dog

• Like 1

Just now, GTgrizzly said:

I don't envy your plight Johnnie

But dogs are only what we make them..... maybe use your suggestion for the owner not the dog

Yes, there is no such thing as a bad dog.....only bad masters  (even bullpits)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

No guarantee you won't find other problems when you move.

Nothing is guaranteed in Life except Death and Taxes, Just move for Gods sake , how on Earth can you live like that, you will end up having a nervous Breakdown, sounds like your not far off it now.

35 minutes ago, Acemaker said:

Nothing is guaranteed in Life except Death and Taxes, Just move for Gods sake , how on Earth can you live like that, you will end up having a nervous Breakdown, sounds like your not far off it now.

Because the next house he moves to will have the average Thai moron in it-complete with pit bulls?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

OK, so much wrong with this story and the advise given.  

REALISTIC ADVICE.

Move house ASAP.

This. Seen it happen before. As a farang you cannot ever win this. 

• Thanks 1