Noisy Pit Bull Next Door

Johnniey

There has been a pitbull animal next to my house for 6 months now. It is left alone and howls all day, affecting my work. It also howls all night sometimes. I'm amazed the other neighbours have not done anything yet. It is dangerous and when it was let out the property recently, it nearly killed two of my dogs, costing my large vet fees, which they went halves on. I have talked to the owner at length about the problem but they are totally irresponsible and selfish.

It's making me lose money from lack of sleep/work. the police said there is nothing they can do. There are kids in the soi, that I feel at are risk too.

What would you do?

35 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

I'm amazed the other neighbours have not done anything yet.

I'm not 

They all have their head stuck in the sand & wont pull it out to cause a fuss over a problem

Just like some of them have roosters ( that's what farms are for ), mates wife said, when asked by him - They like roosters ( I think the owners have the same size memory )

Or the Garbage truck squashes its' load in front of their place & mine - answer from Thai/chin - Oh I don't like it 

They will not do anything unless it effects them or their property 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Ear plugs... Done

Failing that, try talking to the owner again but be more forceful..

Failing that, move !!

No, why should I have to wear ear plugs?

No, but asking an influential friend might help.

No way, my house was built first.

• Like 1

I don't think you can do much, but try to suppress the noise entering the house 

I have these young fools next door ( their parents bought for them ) I'm starting to think it's a room rental place

But this story was the other way around

I was jet blasting the concrete during the day ( the kids next door work night shift & come & go all hours )

The young girl yells out " I try to sleep " ( I couldn't care less )

You know why ! Because the fools had made no effort to sleep during the day time when most people are going about their business.

No aircon & left all the windows/ doors open 

• Confused 1

God this is my biggest annoyance too because I work at home as well.

I don't know if these work, you can buy them on amazon: https://www.celestialtribe.com/

It's apparently a noise cancelling device that attaches to your wall. I can't imagine it would be too effective, it just came up on youtube as I was reading about your problem and thought I'd mention it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, maximillian said:

Wear earplugs in your own house for many hours every day ?

Very unpleasant.

Sometimes I wear earplugs but find them very inconvenient after one hour.

Exactly, it is night and day. Also, I have important teleconferences online every day.

What amazes me is that people who own barking dogs seem to be impervious to the barking. The dogs bark all night and yet the owners can sleep like babies, whilst everybody else is kept awake. We had neighbours across the road who had 5 dogs who barked non stop, even when the owners were home. Not once did I hear them ever try to keep the dogs quiet. They are gone now thank god, making someone else's life a misery.

Just now, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

There are just “some kinds” of people who tolerate dogs howling all day and night. They hear the same sounds it does not bother them whatsoever and they will NEVER do anything about it.

You have to move house. Sorry, bye.

No guarantee you won't find other problems when you move.

I will never ever again live in a house or on a low to ground floor. Before I purchased my Condo I stayed in another room across the hall owned by the same Thai lady for several weeks low season and high season to be sure. No roosters or street noise. There are some problems time to time with people sneaking in pets and smoking .

Then therecent phenomena of Chinese AirbNb customers making noise in the hall and slamming doors they have been driven out and the owners threatened with arrest!

Yes there is always something even if you move.

31 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

What a cruel and insensitive comment. Do you not realize that other animals may consume that crap or that it can find it's way into the water system?

It  a sleeping pill. I doubt it would do much harm in the water supply.

Quite a compassionate comment, making the dog go to sleep.

This killer, nearly bit my dogs' heads off. They should be allowed and I feel justified to take the law into my own hands as nobody here enforces it.

• Like 2

Just now, Johnniey said:

It  a sleeping pill. I doubt it would do much harm in the water supply.

Quite a compassionate comment, making the dog go to sleep.

This killer, nearly bit my dogs' heads off. They should be allowed and I feel justified to take the law into my own hands as nobody here enforces it.

Were your dogs out of your yard? How else did the pitbull attack them?