Noisy Pit Bull Next Door

Johnniey

1 hour ago, BkkMikey said:

Lacing some meat with crushed sleeping pills is also a reasonable remedy.

It might be a humane way to kill it. I'd there is such a thing. I say when in Rome, use rat poison, or a bullet.

Most Thais pay for someone to do this, around 500 baht.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

Same experience a few years back, no effect whatsoever. Ear plugs are not effective with loud dog barking.

OP as you've spoken with the dog owner cannot implement the Thai solution. As already mentioned try reporting issue to your local Amphur, but usually requires at least two Thai neighbours to backup your complaint for action to be taken.

Not always true, I went alone and action against the owner was taken the very next day

14 hours ago, ajnamoon said:

you   could try the Anti Bark   app  Google Play   or dog  whistle   every time it howls or barks    can get at Lazada

or  other ultrasonic devices over  40khz    good luck 

Believe me - this stuff works - Predator Pee  - you can order Mountain Lion Urine and spread it around his area, play a recording of a Cougar everytime he barks, and he will be whimpering quietly in no time.

https://www.predatorpeestore.com/gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwrSi9oLf2gIVSWUZCh3WOAsoEAAYASAAEgK0EfD_BwE

Edited by TunnelRat69

6 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Have not read all the posts ,but i would poison it .

I cant disagree with the tactic, but certainly you would be arrested, found guilty, fined and and and imprisoned.......ain't worth it.  Just pay a few Soi Dog Moto riding kids to take care of the problem for you  -  how they do it is their business.

On 4/29/2018 at 9:36 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Which is why, sometimes it's a good idea to read the posts !!

You might learn something and not be a complete A hole forever ??

I have read them now , i would still poison it , vicious dogs like pit bulls should be banned , only people who want to look "hard" ever seem to have them ,

9 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

vicious dogs like pit bulls

Pitbulls aren't vicious but they do have the potential to be... Normally when they are owned by the people you mention above !!

10 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

people who want to look "hard"

These people should be banned from owning dogs...

Also people that just neglect dogs..

If you poison a dog in Thailand and get caught, stand by for either a good beating or prosecution.. 

Responsibility of the Local Health Officer (as one of the early replies stated). Would be helpful to get your dogs in line (behind gates) before complaining. And, yes, farang have a right to complain (many on here for some reason believe they do not).

Someone complained about my dogs. The officer (also the owner of the dogs) recorded a video. She only played the audio first. The person complaining said that is definitely the bark. Officer then showed the video of the two dogs sleeping as the barking was going on. 

Person complaining apologised and then withdrew the complaint (was more personal than actually being worried about the real culprit dog). It is more of a farang/Thai Visa myth that you shouldn't complain and it is better to move house (to more barking dogs). Thai people live quite happily with noisy dogs, but there is also no shortage of these sorts of complaints coming from the locals that are investigated by the relevant authorities.

To the negative people...What is the worst that can happen? You get a lazy official and things stay the same? The best that can happen? The problem is resolved. So why not try (can be an anonymous complaint)? To the super negative people who think the neighbour is going to kill you for complaining, well, if you live with such fear where something as small as this is so troublesome for you, then I would start to re-think if the country is really for you. 

Edited by wildewillie89

7 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Pitbulls aren't vicious but they do have the potential to be... Normally when they are owned by the people you mention above !!

Unfortunately not always the case, because they can turn at a moments notice, as can many dogs, and one of the most horrifying situations happened in NZ when two dogs turned on their owner after she had fallen over, and when people finally got to this poor woman, the dogs had eaten most of her face away as well as part of her arm.

Also many other true stories about pitbulls being temperamental and dangerous, irrespective the temperament/actions of the owner.

7 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

If you poison a dog in Thailand and get caught, stand by for either a good beating or prosecution.. 

Not the case in my previous soi when one particular dog which had been harassing people on their motorbikes, and indeed children, found its way to "doggie heaven".

The majority of the people in the soi were extremely happy with this event and there were no repercussions whatsoever.

Also think about it, who is going to do an autopsy on a dog here in Thailand (money?) And even if something untoward was found in its stomach, it could have eaten it from just about anywhere, even from the rubbish bins, which they frequent very often.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, xylophone said:
Unfortunately not always the case, because they can turn at a moments notice, as can many dogs, and one of the most horrifying situations happened in NZ when two dogs turned on their owner after she had fallen over, and when people finally got to this poor woman, the dogs had eaten most of her face away as well as part of her arm.

Also many other true stories about pitbulls being temperamental and dangerous, irrespective the temperament/actions of the owner.

Not the case in my previous soi when one particular dog which had been harassing people on their motorbikes, and indeed children, found its way to "doggie heaven".

The majority of the people in the soi were extremely happy with this event and there were no repercussions whatsoever.

Also think about it, who is going to do an autopsy on a dog here in Thailand (money?) And even if something untoward was found in its stomach, it could have eaten it from just about anywhere, even from the rubbish bins, which they frequent very often.

In my experience, packs of dogs that overstep their mark usually end up with a belly full of warfarin or something like that... 

Happened in my Soi before, dogs bit a kid and he fell off his bike 

Someone finally  had enough and one morning all the wild dogs were dead or dying

• Like 1

On 4/30/2018 at 9:27 AM, cornishcarlos said:

These people should be banned from owning dogs...

Also people that just neglect dogs..

got to get caught first:smile:

22 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

another reason proving its better to rent not buy

If I had rented instead of getting a mortgage, I'd still be paying 15k a month. Now I pay nothing and have major asset, which I'll have for life, then my kids will have it. 

Definitely buy. As for the dog, it has gone. Not sure where though.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

Responsibility of the Local Health Officer (as one of the early replies stated). Would be helpful to get your dogs in line (behind gates) before complaining. And, yes, farang have a right to complain (many on here for some reason believe they do not).

My dogs are rarely outside my gated property. There's a big difference between a poodle type dog and a killer pitbull terrier. Anyway, it's the noise at night which is most annoying.

1 hour ago, Johnniey said:

My dogs are rarely outside my gated property. There's a big difference between a poodle type dog and a killer pitbull terrier. Anyway, it's the noise at night which is most annoying.

I don't really buy into the Pitbull bashing. But in the case of Thailand, with all the diseases around that dogs can pick up and give to both other dogs and humans, I don't think there is much of a difference whether it is a Pitbull type dog or Poodle type dog. The fact of the matter is all dogs should always be behind gates. Plus, it would help your case if you are seen as a responsible owner. 

So the pit bull got through your fence to attack your poodles?

17 hours ago, mogandave said:

Yes, what’s your point?

open the gate and let it loose was your comment 

a bit inappropriate because it might either attack you or run down the street and kill a 5 year old 

• Like 1