Dutch tourist falls to death from ladyboy’s condo in Bangkok

webfact

24 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Just to refresh your memory, there was such a case fairly  recently where the lady fell from a balcony in the Pratunak area not far from the ocean.   

That was while they were having sex on the balcony. Death by misadventure. 

On 4/30/2018 at 3:49 PM, jenny2017 said:

The she is a he, because he has a penis

"Plucked her eyebrows on the way 
Shaved her legs and then he was a she,
She said, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side..."

Lou Reed

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2018 at 11:57 PM, Krataiboy said:

Intersex individuals are not transgender, and whether all gays are born that way is debatable. There is, as far as I am aware, no convincing evidence for a :"gay brain" -  and at least one famous gay, Milo Yianoppoulos, is on record as saying he chose to be gay.

Are you channeling Vicky Pollard, or Dafydd Thomas? Pretty sure MY is referring to external identification and not underlying attraction, of which he has no control whatsoever. 

I sincerely hope the distraught parents of that poor young men never read some of the trash that has been on here. They are suffering enough at this terrible time.

I am sure the would be amateur comedians on here would be screaming blue murder about TV members being disgustingly insensitive if it happened to one of their brood.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope the distraught parents of that poor young men never read some of the trash that has been on here. They are suffering enough at this terrible time.

I am sure the would be amateur comedians on here would be screaming blue murder about TV members being disgustingly insensitive if it happened to one of their brood.
You're correct that it would be disturbing reading. This is an open discussion forum though so that can't really be helped.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

A post containing a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Posts commenting on moderation have been removed as well as the replies. 

Dutchman’s Fall Was Suicide: Police

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

S__25632842-696x522.jpg

The condominium in Bangkok’s Bang Yi Khan area where a Dutch tourist Monday fell Monday morning to his death.

BANGKOK — Police on Thursday said they will rule the death of a Dutch man who fell from a woman’s Bangkok condominium a suicide.

Authorities said Rik Salmans, 20, was distraught when he jumped from Pimornpat Korattana’s balcony Monday due to relationship problems.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2018/05/03/dutchmans-fall-was-suicide-police/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-05-03
  • Confused 1

BANGKOK — Police on Thursday said they will rule the death of a Dutch man who fell from a woman’s Bangkok condominium a suicide.

Authorities said Rik Salmans, 20, was distraught when he jumped from Pimornpat Korattana’s balcony Monday due to relationship problems.

A woman's condo? Wasn't it a ladyman? And the poor soul was 21, now 20? Suicide, right? Case closed. He's a kid. RIP.

I believe in Santa and in Prayut. 

Edited by jenny2017
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

A woman's condo? Wasn't it a ladyman? And the poor soul was 21, now 20? Suicide, right? Case closed. He's a kid. RIP.    

More c**p reporting. So which version is correct?

The original report that said the guy went home with a ladyboy. Or, the latest Khaosod English report that calls his companion for the night a "woman".  Usually, but not always, the Thai local media refer to ladyboys as "he" and don't usually refer to ladyboys as "woman".

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The meeting. What was it? For casual sex or commercial? If commercial who was buying? If a casual hookup why would she take home some messed up person who was crying all the time? That doesn't sound very attractive. What about drugs other than booze? Now that might explain it.

I'm with you on this one, and awaiting the condo security cam footage, it doesn't sit well that apparently he followed her/him/it back to the condo like a love struck puppy but was also absolutely plastered, something is not quite right about all this.

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Why the obsession on gender issues? Geez! The important thing is about the death of this young man.

Thai media often uses the term woman of the second kind. You're splitting hairs if you think that is the big issue here to call her a woman or a man or a ladyboy or a Martian or whatever!

Does the suicide thing make sense to people?

I don't get it. Young man flies to Thailand to fly off a not very tall floor condo? They don't have story buildings in the Netherlands?

The meeting. What was it? For casual sex or commercial? If commercial who was buying? If a casual hookup why would she take home some messed up person who was crying all the time? That doesn't sound very attractive. What about drugs other than booze? Now that might explain it.

Spot on Jing. That all doesn't make any sense, perhaps to the cops only and the case is already closed.

He committed suicide, cried all the time and the ladyman took him to his condo to hold his hands, or what?

If he were an older gent with cancer, or huge financial problems after living here for longer, maybe it would be much easier to comprehend.  

People in the Netherlands have access to all sorts of drugs, almost legal. Would somebody really jump off a building not knowing if that really kills him?

He could still be alive with a broken spine, looking at  a life in a wheelchair. Who would take the risk? 

An overdose of heroin, cocaine, or anything else that toxic would have been much easier to understand. 

The kid was 20 and had all his life in front of him. Why did nobody think about foul play from the man in a skirt?

I'm not trying to make fun of ladyboys now, but a 37 year old being long in that sort of business can hardly be attractive for somebody that young. 

But all cats are grey at night. I don't buy the story that he's crying for hours, just to follow the guy and jump to his death.

How can you believe anything a cop is telling you in a land where foreigners commit suicide on almost daily basis? Of course are not all suicides the way the cops want to make us understand.

I feel very sorry for the bloke, his family and his friends. But there's that ugly smell. 

Edited by jenny2017
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are over 100 suicides a day in the US, 70% of them white men.

It doesn’t surprise me that this guy may have killed himself.

It is the saddest cause of death for the family, and they are not likely to accept it.

There are over 100 suicides a day in the US, 70% of them white men.

It doesn’t surprise me that this guy may have killed himself.

It is the saddest cause of death for the family, and they are not likely to accept it.
Back up. What about drugs? The report is booze was involved but whether other drugs were involved seems a basic question.

ive seen some Dutch get plastered to the point they cant even walk so i think of another scenario other than suicide.

when really really drunk many will open any door (even a closet)  thinking they are entering a toilet.

so all it takes is the guy opening the door quickly to a small balcony (say 1 metre or so outwards) and falling through.

s

tumbling drunk and expecting to flop in a toilet but instead hitting the balcony rails,

easy to see,  with the momentum and weight going forward, could easily fly over the balcony rails.

then its all over in seconds regardless of suicidal thoughts.

this easily could happen to me in my 20s.

fell into and pissed in many a wardrobe but lucky i wasnt in Thailand on multiple storeys.

could never get that drunk to do it now but for 20 y.o i can definately see this happen.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, mogandave said:

What about them? I think they could well have been a factor.

I assume the police know what was in his system, unless it was something real unusual.

Not likely heroin.

You assume that? Really? Why? 

8 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

ive seen some Dutch get plastered to the point they cant even walk so i think of another scenario other than suicide.

when really really drunk many will open any door (even a closet)  thinking they are entering a toilet.

so all it takes is the guy opening the door quickly to a small balcony (say 1 metre or so outwards) and falling through.

s

tumbling drunk and expecting to flop in a toilet but instead hitting the balcony rails,

easy to see,  with the momentum and weight going forward, could easily fly over the balcony rails.

then its all over in seconds regardless of suicidal thoughts.

this easily could happen to me in my 20s.

fell into and pissed in many a wardrobe but lucky i wasnt in Thailand on multiple storeys.

could never get that drunk to do it now but for 20 y.o i can definately see this happen.

Yeah, I get that about being high. Also young people often feel immortal and more likely to take physical risks maybe getting too close to the railing. I've said before the most likely reason sounded like an accident. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, I get that about being high. Also young people often feel immortal and more likely to take physical risks maybe getting too close to the railing. I've said before the most likely reason sounded like an accident. 

well IMO suicide is a ridiculous call.

if he was that way inclined he would of planned it out by himself in his own time

not on a night out going back to a room with a kathoey

2 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

if he was that way inclined he would of planned it out by himself in his own time

I also am very skeptical.

They claim they have a back story though of the friend buying it too.

That makes this even weirder. 

Bringing up more questions than answers. 

Why assume he planned it?

Did his ghost told them that ? Or did the Ladyboy ? Was he/she/it not in the shower when it happened ? Or.. maybe this was his first time to Thailand and he was not aware that his lady was in fact a ladyboy and when he noticed his mistake he was distraught and jumped (I probably would have done the same).. Or.. when he noticed his mistake they had an argument, the ladyboy felt sensitive and got aggressive and then pushed him to his death ? I am just guessing but that is what the "Authorities" are doing too.. 

On 30/04/2018 at 10:13 AM, webfact said:

Dutch tourist falls to death from ladyboy’s condo

If I had gone-back to Pimornpat's room, only to find-out it was a case of mistaken identity, I would have used the door pretty sharpish.  However, if I had found-out the following morning, I would have jumped!

The truth will never come-out.

RiP Dutchy

• Haha 1