Straight men have a lot of gay sex, study shows

Scott

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I'm sorry but I really don't understand your English. On the right of TVF is a 'popular now' list and many of us join conversations and are clueless which sub-forum it is on. 

To me, as an observer, you sound like you are guilty at being gay (and absolutely no need for that Kieran) ) and using 'confirmation bias' to support your thinking that most men try gay sex.  I sense you are starting to become unstable and so let's leave it there?  relax, have fun and stay safe.

The popular list will be automatically generated by an algorithm, if a topic appears in the popular section that is because it is popular.  And you really don't have to know what section it is in, the title of the topic mentions gay sex, that is a popular topic on TV at the moment, and that is interesting to me, I am not however seeking to confirm anything, I just find it interesting that people, the majority of whom identify as straight, are interested in reading about gay sex.

You may think I sound like I feel guilty for being gay, but that makes no sense to me because I am straight.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The popular list will be automatically generated by an algorithm, if a topic appears in the popular section that is because it is popular.  And you really don't have to know what section it is in, the title of the topic mentions gay sex, that is a popular topic on TV at the moment, and that is interesting to me, I am not however seeking to confirm anything, I just find it interesting that people, the majority of whom identify as straight, are interested in reading about gay sex.

You may think I sound like I feel guilty for being gay, but that makes no sense to me because I am straight.

It was probably in the 'topics' section then and I note that some of those only have one comment or none when they first 'arrive'.  Never mind I think any thread with that title is bound to generate debate (which it is designed to do) as the vast majority of straight guys would not believe it was true and who is going to believe  'pinknews'?  moving on?

PS  It's about as believable as 'hetronews' saying most gays want to be straight (which is nonsense too)  ?  life is too short live and let live I say

Edited by BobBKK

23 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

It was probably in the 'topics' section then and I note that some of those only have one comment or none when they first 'arrive'.  Never mind I think any thread with that title is bound to generate debate (which it is designed to do) as the vast majority of straight guys would not believe it was true and who is going to believe  'pinknews'?  moving on?

PS  It's about as believable as 'hetronews' saying most gays want to be straight (which is nonsense too)  ?  life is too short live and let live I say

Except no one claimed that most heterosexuals want to be gay, so it is actually your post that is nonsense.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, i claudius said:

funny me too ,i have been following the thread ,because i did not believe the survey , never been on the gay forum or read it before , have no interest in any other gay stuff ,i have a nephew who is gay ,but you would never guess by talking to him

There was a research in 1974 by Martin Dannecker showing that the "normal homosexual" (der gewoehnliche Homosexuelle)  cannot be distinguished from a straight man at first sight. In fact, I had to declare that  I am gay at gay-only places in diverse locations such as Milan, Singapore and Paris before they let me in.

Those gays you can identify easily are the minority, so your nephew is quite normal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

So when you said, 

you thought you were allowing that person to choose their own label, really?

Am I in charge of labels. I can put a label on you but nobody else needs to abide by it. You know who you are.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Am I in charge of labels. I can put a label on you but nobody else needs to abide by it. You know who you are.

The whole point of this discussion was on how to describe people with accuracy, not about your right to mislabel people if you choose.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

The whole point of this discussion was on how to describe people with accuracy, not about your right to mislabel people if you choose.

So how do you label people accurately? Should they wear specific hats.

Only the person knows who they really are. 

16 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

You don't label them, you describe them as individuals.

So how would you write the title of this Thread? Individuals have a lot of individual sex, study shows?

Edited by canuckamuck

18 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Men who identify has heterosexual have a lot of homosexual sex.

Is that really true? If so, wouldn't one expect men who identify as homosexual have a lot of heterosexual sex?

On 7/6/2018 at 7:53 PM, bert bloggs said:

Well i may be ,but i can assure you i am not closed gay? but then as i have said many many times i do not care what anyones sexual persusion is , i just do not want it pushed in my face ,eg rainbow flags ,gay pride marches ,etc etc .

Yet here you are, reading and posting on the Gay People in Thailand Forum...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chou Anou said:

Yet here you are, reading and posting on the Gay People in Thailand Forum...

Probably because of the same reason I read it - I don't know what you see if you're using a phone but when you use a laptop theres a list of current topics in the right hand margin. That list does not give the forum category.  In much the same way - on a couple of occasions I've seen a topic in that margin, read it, replied and then been asked why I'm responding to a 4 year old topic - I didn't read the date.  I also didn't read the address line when I replied to this thread.

11 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Probably because of the same reason I read it - I don't know what you see if you're using a phone but when you use a laptop theres a list of current topics in the right hand margin. That list does not give the forum category.  In much the same way - on a couple of occasions I've seen a topic in that margin, read it, replied and then been asked why I'm responding to a 4 year old topic - I didn't read the date.  I also didn't read the address line when I replied to this thread.

Right, but he cannot complain on the gay forum that the topics are about being gay...

• Like 1

On 10 juillet 2018 at 6:36 AM, onthemoon said:

The argument "stop whining, other people are suffering more than you" is not valid. This argument can be used with slaves: Stop whining, at least you get food every day and don't get raped. Or with handicapped people: Are you against accessibility for wheelchairs? Should they stop whining too?

It is 100% healthy to raise future generations teaching them that being gay is natural (because it is), and that if they find out that they are indeed gay, they can live a normal life with a same-sex partner and don't need to get depressive or commit suicide.

You are not an old-fashioned devil, that would be too  much honour. You are just a bigot. And yes, many people still share your opinion, which is a really sad state. However, since you know that you won't convince anybody on the gay forum that being gay is bad in any way, I wonder why you are so much interested in this - what does homosexuality have to do with you personally, I wonder.

First off who are you qouting? I never used the term "stop wining" nor did I compare gays to slaves or handicapped people (quite an imagination u have there)

I am not trying to "convince" anyone.

the point of a debate is not to "convince" others but to share different points of views, opinions, 

To answer your question about why I am so "interested" I am not and it is not interest but rather concern, I am concerned and worried for humanity in general and future generations when I see the way things are going in the world today.

As for me being a bigot.....ahhhh, what the hell why not,

Nobody's perfect, I'm a bigot and your gay so..........

On 9 juillet 2018 at 5:11 AM, jak2002003 said:

What planet are you on?

Tell me why you would think there would be a society made up 100 percent of homosexual men?  What is even the point of making this stupid statement, unless you are using this crazy argument to support your anti gay prejudice?

So what if gay man can not 'naturally' have babies?  Why does that mean being gay is wrong or unnatural?  Plenty of straight men are infertile, some straight women can not have babies either.  Does that mean they are also unnatural?

Not every living thing can grown to form families!  This is again showing your total lack of understanding about nature and biology.  Not all animals live in family units.  And plants do not form families.  

It is perfectly possible for a homosexual to have children naturally.  If a lesbian or a gay man really want a child they can have sex with each other to make one.  I know plenty of gay men with their own children... and also lesbian couples too.  But they are in the minority.. does not mean they are not capable of having children without scientific or medical assistance!!!

Come on man... just come out and say you don't like gays and you think its unnatural and wrong.  That is clearly what you are trying to say.

You missed my point or rather what I meant by "against nature" does not mean impossible. For example incest/inbreeding yes you can have babies within your family it will work you will be able to have offspring. but it is against nature and makes a whole lot of <deleted> up people mentally and or physically and for generations to come.

and just suppose what you say is true that I don't like homosexuality and think it is wrong. I aswell as anybody else has  the right of choice to like or dislike something or someone for any reason. It's called preference. And it is 100% human, natural, and Ok to have preferences.

On 7/25/2018 at 6:08 AM, Voodoochile said:

You missed my point or rather what I meant by "against nature" does not mean impossible. For example incest/inbreeding yes you can have babies within your family it will work you will be able to have offspring. but it is against nature and makes a whole lot of <deleted> up people mentally and or physically and for generations to come.

and just suppose what you say is true that I don't like homosexuality and think it is wrong. I as well as anybody else has  the right of choice to like or dislike something or someone for any reason. It's called preference. And it is 100% human, natural, and Ok to have preferences.

No, sexual behavior is not against nature.   Nature does not complain.   It is based on your Christian theology that made an arbitrary decision about what is or isn't acceptable.   Your mouth was designed by nature for the ingestion of nutrients.   Nature doesn't mind if you use it for speaking.   Nature doesn't complain if you use for kissing, nor does she complain if you kiss a male or female, or if you use it for sex, so it's not against nature. Heck, Nature doesn't even care if you use your mouth to pull the pin out of a grenade and go all Rambo on others.   Nature simply doesn't care.   You care, but nature doesn't.   Your religion cares and it has told you that it's against Nature.   It's not.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Scott said:

No, sexual behavior is not against nature.   Nature does not complain.   It is based on your Christian theology that made an arbitrary decision about what is or isn't acceptable.   Your mouth was designed by nature for the ingestion of nutrients.   Nature doesn't mind if you use it for speaking.   Nature doesn't complain if you use for kissing, nor does she complain if you kiss a male or female, or if you use it for sex, so it's not against nature. Heck, Nature doesn't even care if you use your mouth to pull the pin out of a grenade and go all Rambo on others.   Nature simply doesn't care.   You care, but nature doesn't.   Your religion cares and it has told you that it's against Nature.   It's not.  

First of all I am a non religious person so your  "christian" and or "religion" won't help (not in my case at least) 

Secondly I never claimed "sexual behavior" was against nature???

So what are you on about ???

Nature does not care ,we make up the rules ,that why male animals have sex with their mothers sisters and young ones .

the rules change as the times do ,you just have to look at Victorian times ,there were child brothels ,but sex between men was illegal , now reading the papers ,it seems anything except having sex with minors goes .

and looking at the paper yesterday there was something that resembled a man was head of the students equalities , but presumably thought it was a woman ,but did not mindposting pictures of its penis and another thing that wanted to be described as "they" we live in strange times .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Nature does not care ,we make up the rules ,that why male animals have sex with their mothers sisters and young ones .

the rules change as the times do ,you just have to look at Victorian times ,there were child brothels ,but sex between men was illegal , now reading the papers ,it seems anything except having sex with minors goes .

and looking at the paper yesterday there was something that resembled a man was head of the students equalities , but presumably thought it was a woman ,but did not mindposting pictures of its penis and another thing that wanted to be described as "they" we live in strange times .

By against nature I don't mean impossible I mean unintended by nature.

ex: sure you can finish a bowl of soup with a fork but in a world of "soup eaters" equiped with spoons you just won't be able to compete and will die out unless these other guys with spoons are willing to make a space for your kind amongst them out of personal interest, sympathie, pitty or whatever. Well it's the same with homosexuality. Society and its pc mentality has made a spot for homosexuals in our society but not because they actually care about their  rights (gay or not) it's all political and all out of interest. 

I think nature cares and is quite disgusted by all this.

On 7/30/2018 at 3:39 AM, Voodoochile said:

By against nature I don't mean impossible I mean unintended by nature.

ex: sure you can finish a bowl of soup with a fork but in a world of "soup eaters" equiped with spoons you just won't be able to compete and will die out unless these other guys with spoons are willing to make a space for your kind amongst them out of personal interest, sympathie, pitty or whatever. Well it's the same with homosexuality. Society and its pc mentality has made a spot for homosexuals in our society but not because they actually care about their  rights (gay or not) it's all political and all out of interest. 

I think nature cares and is quite disgusted by all this.

So you think nature cares.   I don't think so.   What does nature do?   Does it move you to a sub-species?   Does nature have some sort of jail that none of know about where it puts them?   I mean I've seen dogs 'humping' other dogs of the same sex with no consequences, does that mean nature didn't see them?   

It's quite clear that nature DOES NOT care what you do.   Clownfish, wrasses, moray eels, and gobies are animals that even change their sex, fully and functionally.   So was Nemo condemned to the big flush by nature?  Even the humble chicken has been know to change sex -- it has only one functioning ovary and a gonad, so it does happen.

I think you are getting your Judeo-Christian beliefs mixed up with nature.   One cares, the other doesn't.   Even if you want it to.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Credo said:

So you think nature cares.   I don't think so.   What does nature do?   Does it move you to a sub-species?   Does nature have some sort of jail that none of know about where it puts them?   I mean I've seen dogs 'humping' other dogs of the same sex with no consequences, does that mean nature didn't see them?   

It's quite clear that nature DOES NOT care what you do.   Clownfish, wrasses, moray eels, and gobies are animals that even change their sex, fully and functionally.   So was Nemo condemned to the big flush by nature?  Even the humble chicken has been know to change sex -- it has only one functioning ovary and a gonad, so it does happen.

I think you are getting your Judeo-Christian beliefs mixed up with nature.   One cares, the other doesn't.   Even if you want it to.  

Again I am not religious and beleive that all religions are nothing but bullshit tales invented by man.

do you understand the concept of evolution and how it takes time to perfect each species. Yes some species that you named do change sexe but nature did it threw evolution or in other words "Naturally" not by going to see one of there "kind" for an operation. ( are you starting to understand" and yes dogs can hump other dogs like you put it but if all dogs started having only sex with there same sex then what will happen in the long run......................that's it, there would be no more dogs.

why? Because it was not intended this way by evolution or nature.

And that is exactly how nature shows that she cares, I mean never mind the fittest to reproduce. It is simply impossible between same sex human beings (without any outside help just sex) to do so. And this is how nature shows she cares, by not allowing it in the long run.

Edited by Voodoochile

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 9:03 AM, BobBKK said:

To be fair many of us would have joined the discussion on the 'popular now' feed on the right and not even realize we are posting on the gay forum. I always look at the 'popular now' feed and have no idea which sub-forum it's on so I think that comment is unfair as I was here 'accidentally' too lol. I can see it's a place you feel most at home so I'll leave you to it - each to their own and have fun.

Nice excuse, I would've said the same if I were you.

Would you have commented if the topic was 'Gay men have a lot of straight sex, study shows'?

Makes me think why there are no studies on that!

Edited by dennis123
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1