Thai police tell British YouTuber extortion attempt was just idle threat

webfact

Thai police tell British YouTuber extortion attempt was just idle threat

DM1.jpg

File photo

The British YouTuber at the center of an apparent extortion attempt is confident that an email demanding money was just an idle threat and did not come from a French man who helps the Thai police.

Daniel McKee, from Middlesbrough in England - known on his YouTube channel as "Danny Mac" told his local audience in Thai in a Facebook video that the Thai police had spoken to him to suggest that the email demanding 200,000 baht had come from someone trying to discredit Thierry Perenon.

Thierry Perenon was the name on the email. He has connections with the Thai police but is not a sworn officer.

Danny had earlier been at the center of a dispute with a Bangkok taxi driver who had been reluctant to return change and called him mean.

After a video made in Thai by Danny that went viral he received the email telling him to transfer money to the bank account of a Thai national. It was claimed that he had ruined the life of the taxi driver and must pay for that.

DM2.jpg

File photo

Police contacted the Thai named as having the bank account and he was found to have closed the account many months before. Thus Danny would have been unable to send the money even if he had gone through with the extortion attempt.

Subsequently Danny has spoken to the man called Thierry Perenon and is happy that he was not involved though it has not been fully explained how his email came to be used.

It is also not known who made the threats even though they now appear to be hollow demands.

Danny thanked the Pattaya police, the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) and the Thai people for their support.

In the video he said that claims that he was working illegally in Thailand were groundless - he said that he has a work permit.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-01

This story is so amazing, I think this famous Thierry Perenon is just the victim of an
imposture or something like that otherwise if it was him, he already be in jail or eject
 from the country for longtime already.
But now, we know that he's not incarcerated.
This is a very strange story, we need to know more... 
Edited by katarina63250
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

Here is a hint: find the owner of the bank acct named in the extortion email. The address is right there. 

Something not right about this story. 

image.jpeg.e0f527b0cd59dbf118fa31e9d5be62c8.jpeg

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Danny had earlier been at the center of a dispute with a Bangkok taxi driver who had been reluctant to return change and called him mean.

He called him much worse than that.

5 hours ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

Here is a hint: find the owner of the bank acct named in the extortion email. The address is right there. 

Something not right about this story. 

Sorry, please excuse me if I am wrong, but did you only read above the second picture? Just couldn´t be arsed to read more, tight? :clap2:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, jonclark said:

So the police are not even going to attempt to find the person who made the threats. 

This attitude simply feeds the spiral into lawlessness and impunity increasingly evident in all parts of society.  And the police are so oblivious to this consequence that they make their (in)actions public thinking they are doing the right thing. 

Thai BIB  make up their own laws that fit their needs as they go along from day to day .Since they also seem to control the courts they have no depart ment to control them .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Get Real said:

How perfect! Can somebody tell me how to get a work permit for working as a Youtuber in Thailand as a foreigner.

He also works as a TV presenter for one of the Pattaya television companies, so he is a man of many talents and for sure would have a work permit.

• Haha 1

I wish people would read the thread before commenting.

No good telling him to find the owner of the bank account, the police already said it was closed months before.

No good asking him how to get a work permit for vlogging, he already said he was a teacher.

25 minutes ago, Thaifly88 said:

He also works as a TV presenter for one of the Pattaya television companies, so he is a man of many talents and for sure would have a work permit.

Yes, sure! For specified work at the station, and that was not what the people accusing him for working without WP was referring to.

• Like 2

does perenon have a work permit? why does the pattaya police have a foreigner with them? can't they speak any english? if I saw that fool approaching me i would immediately go into the prepare attack mode as I do not let any falang get within three feet of my lovely  body!

The bank account is closed since month, but when I added a new account to transfer to, it showed up with the name. When the bank account is closed, it should have been erased from the data base a long time ago.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

And the computer crime task force is unable to trace back the E-mail?

Not unable. Can't be bothered. We all know how smart they can be if someone says the 'wrong' thing about the wrong person, don't we,

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, evadgib said:

image.jpeg.e0f527b0cd59dbf118fa31e9d5be62c8.jpeg

O. P said:  Police contacted the Thai named as having the bank account and he was found to have closed the account many months before. Thus Danny would have been unable to send the money even if he had gone through with the extortion attempt.