U.S. Boy Scouts to change name in appeal to girls

webfact

1 hour ago, underlordcthulhu said:

You really have to be living under a rock not to see the huge conservative movements happening all over the world, especially the West given all the vacuums the Left created.

Anyway, just keep this in mind, leftists don't reproduce at the same rate as conservatives and there has been an awakening within right leaning men to reproduce at an even higher rate than previously seen.

Didn’t realise there was enough blind women in the world who would want to shag you fellas...

1 hour ago, underlordcthulhu said:

Its no wonder why conservatives are winning the culture war. All you have are buzzwords to throw around hoping something sticks and when they don't and you're confronted you all run away. Because in the end you don't want a conversation, you want control and power. Sorry, we're not putting up with it anymore.

‘Winning the culture war’ = Feeling their manhood battered and bruised because the Scouts rebrand their organization to welcome girls into the same branch as the boys.

Interesting polarised masculinst/feminist conflict going on here. Western society is undoubtedly in the process of being emasculated by short-haired feminists, but is this scout thing the result of feminst pressure? I see no evidence. Personally, I always thought it was ridiculous to segregate boys and girls in scouting (as with segregated schools) - and I had no interest in it for that reason.

Yes, it does smack of female empowerment, but scouts I knew as a kid were all a bit... how can I put it... a bit strange... over-eager... and I viewed with suspicion any boy who craved the company of other boys so much. With lasses involved I might have been more interested, so recruitment-wise it's surely a smart move.

1 minute ago, CharlesSwann said:

Interesting polarised masculinst/feminist conflict going on here. Western society is undoubtedly in the process of being emasculated by short-haired feminists, but is this scout thing the result of feminst pressure? I see no evidence. Personally, I always thought it was ridiculous to segregate boys and girls in scouting (as with segregated schools) - and I had no interest in it for that reason.

Yes, it does smack of female empowerment, but scouts I knew as a kid were all a bit... how can I put it... a bit strange... over-eager... and I viewed with suspicion any boy who craved the company of other boys so much. With lasses involved I might have been more interested, so recruitment-wise it's surely a smart move.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with separating pre-pubescent and pubescent boys and girls, nor is it in any way weird or homosexual to do so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with separating pre-pubescent and pubescent boys and girls, nor is it in any way weird or homosexual to do so. 

It’s not an attack on the fabric of society or the masculinity of men to stop separating kids by gender.

I see Freud used nasty trickery to drop homosexuality into the discussion... 

• Thanks 1

Just now, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Are you advocating segregated schools? Of course it's wrong. Kids need equal exposure to boys and girls in order to develop a balanced perspective.

And it's impossible to divorce sexuality completely from anything to do with people (scouts, I am assuming (as opposed to cubs), are post-pubescent - see anecdotes above).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CharlesSwann said:

You go to Cubs/Scouts to do boy things, like tying knots and making camps and building fires .

You can go to youth clubs to see girls .

Saying that you would have joined the cubs if  that you could have associated with 11 year old girls, seems a bit odd 

17 hours ago, pedro01 said:

One would be well advised to look up the word misogyny in the dictionary before using it to insult someone.

It is hard to see how the word applies to a light hearted comment about boys. I'm only shocked the race card hasn't been played yet.

As a former Boy Scout, I can verify that things are going to get very awkward on camping trips. I remember one sailing trip there were 20 of us bunked in a cabin. We'd all make pretend erection bulges in our sheets whenever someone shouted "Prepare to tent".... then pretend to jerk off as someone shouted "tent, ho"... immature stuff for sure but I think it was wise to keep us away from the Girl Guides.

All institutions will be broken down by the PC brigade until they have taken the fun out of everything to their satisfaction. Of course - if they survive that long.

What's so difficult?  Simply have a tent for the girls, and a tent for the boys.  

19 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I see Freud used nasty trickery to drop homosexuality into the discussion... 

Please direct your comments to this man, because thats what the comment was directed towards. If you took the time to read before you posted you would see that. 

29 minutes ago, CharlesSwann said:

but scouts I knew as a kid were all a bit... how can I put it... a bit strange... over-eager... and I viewed with suspicion any boy who craved the company of other boys so much.

19 minutes ago, CharlesSwann said:

Are you advocating segregated schools?

I would like to introduce you to the definition of "straw man".

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.[1] 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

This leaves me with a question.

Why do they want the girls to join a boys  club?

My daughter would be a great candidate. All her mates are boys. She can’t stand dresses. Granted, she still has a teddy bear but dressing up to go sell cookies and learn to bake would horrify her. 

She’s happier fishing, getting dirty  and trying to be the pyromaniac her father once was. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, samran said:

My daughter would be a great candidate. All her mates are boys. She can’t stand dresses. Granted, she still has a teddy bear but dressing up to go sell cookies and learn to bake would horrify her. 

She’s happier fishing, getting dirty  and trying to be the pyromaniac her father once was. 

And girls don't do such things?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

You go to Cubs/Scouts to do boy things, like tying knots and making camps and building fires .

You can go to youth clubs to see girls .

Saying that you would have joined the cubs if  that you could have associated with 11 year old girls, seems a bit odd 

So the girl-admission thing only relates to cubs, not scouts? If that was in the OP, I missed it - I was only talking about scouts (aged 11-17). My apologies.

Well, it's possible that this is creeping gender-neutralisation, but as far as I can see, that agenda is being pushed mainly by short-haired feminists (who else does it benefit?), so I'm not convinced.

1 hour ago, MajarTheLion said:

Now let's see what the Girl Scouts do. Maybe nothing. After all, excluding boys and men is OK. Excluding girls isn't. Liberalism is truly a mental disease.

Perhaps the girl guides have sufficient members that they don’t have to try to recruit boys.

Then on the other hand, perhaps they do indeed want to thumb their nose at a bunch of middle aged men with self esteem issues.

1 hour ago, MajarTheLion said:

Very flawed post. It's more likely liberals would whine about Star Wars. I have yet to see anyone blame erectile dysfunction on any immigrants. And as far as I can see, people are still free to be cutns to people's faces. Do you have anything to say that is factual?

Great profile photo, Freud is having a field day.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, pedro01 said:

One would be well advised to look up the word misogyny in the dictionary before using it to insult someone.

It is hard to see how the word applies to a light hearted comment about boys. I'm only shocked the race card hasn't been played yet.

As a former Boy Scout, I can verify that things are going to get very awkward on camping trips. I remember one sailing trip there were 20 of us bunked in a cabin. We'd all make pretend erection bulges in our sheets whenever someone shouted "Prepare to tent".... then pretend to jerk off as someone shouted "tent, ho"... immature stuff for sure but I think it was wise to keep us away from the Girl Guides.

All institutions will be broken down by the PC brigade until they have taken the fun out of everything to their satisfaction. Of course - if they survive that long.

True. Are there any hijinks left in the workplace? You know who sets the rules at home. Don't agree? You better or you are displaying your "toxic masculinity" and will be frowned upon by proud feminists. (Just searching for some of that equality I've heard so much about.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MajarTheLion said:

Now let's see what the Girl Scouts do. Maybe nothing. After all, excluding boys and men is OK. Excluding girls isn't. Liberalism is truly a mental disease.

Except of course that the Girl Scouts are complaining about the Boy Scouts accepting girls. So your implication that there is a double standard on their part is nonsense. I guess that's what happens when you're running on automatic pilot. Pay attention.

4 hours ago, MajarTheLion said:

Except of course that the Girl Scouts are complaining about the Boy Scouts accepting girls. So your implication that there is a double standard on their part is nonsense. I guess that's what happens when you're running on automatic pilot. Pay attention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A lot of ranting about feminists (who for some reason must have short hair) and Political Correctness.

But where is the evidence that feminists or Politicsl Correctness had any part to play in this decision by the scouts?

Anybody have this evidence???

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Bizarre attempt at deflection. But the fact of the matter is on gay rights, women's rights, civil rights, and religion, your side is losing all the battles. Big time.

Political parties have much less to do with these civil rights issues than many people think. Nothing is ever given, it is taken.  When critical mass is achieved and enough people take what they feel is their right to have the courts, then the political parties get in line and pretend they led the fight.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

‘Winning the culture war’ = Feeling their manhood battered and bruised because the Scouts rebrand their organization to welcome girls into the same branch as the boys.

The corporatocracy would love your use of the word branding. Brand girls, brand boys but whatever you do don't stop the money flow.

6 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

This leaves me with a question.

Why do they want the girls to join a boys  club?

Money. Not unlike the Catholic church the BSA was rocked by some sexual assault scandals with huge payouts. How admitting girls fixes any of that, I have no idea.

48 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

In your lifetime when was that ever not the case?

Except that unlike the widely believed perception that people grow politically more conservative with age, there's plenty of evidence to show that where cultural values are concerned,, there's no going back. 

34 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Money. Not unlike the Catholic church the BSA was rocked by some sexual assault scandals with huge payouts. How admitting girls fixes any of that, I have no idea.

It's pretty simple, actually. The Boy Scouts' membership is rapidly shrinking. To keep everyone working there employed, they need more revenue. Hence more members.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

It's pretty simple, actually. The Boy Scouts' membership is rapidly shrinking. To keep everyone working there employed, they need more revenue. Hence more members.

It is the nature of all organizations. Where once they were created to serve a constituency or membership, in the end it exists solely to propagate and serve itself.