What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

On 11/21/2017 at 7:25 PM, giddyup said:

Why would you want to with those two hasbeens? Neither of the two can act.

haha.  Oh really?  I thought they were Academy award winners.

Of course they cannot act.

I watch for the death, destruction and carnage.

Edited by bkk6060

On 11/21/2017 at 10:06 AM, bert bloggs said:

where did you find never never,? looked but cant find it ,looks interesting

If you are into UK---Irish Scots etc  TV...then TVchaosUK is the one that covers them all the best---IMO, not only things that are popular, but  everything that was on the night before including news weather---even all the Welsh/Irish/Scots TV. There are some gems....especially on the Irish TV. Acceptable Risk  came out some time ago made for Irish TV, but is only picked up by the usual places when it becomes popular---BBC have to buy it....and so often don't. It has a large audience from Thailand (mainly Pattaya) on there. That's where Never-Never comes from bertB  It also recycles anything that was popular a few years back,  if you missed it--I am watching "Lenny Blue" --Ray Winston, a  few years old..but great & I missed it first time  Its a closed site--Meaning you have to join....but write to them they will let you join.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

haha.  Oh really?  I thought they were Academy award winners.

Of course they cannot act.

I watch for the death, destruction and carnage.

Then watch Vince Vaughn in "Brawl in Cell Block 99".

• Like 1

No Activity, new comedy series, very funny and no laugh track, which makes it even better. Episodes 1 & 2 available at the usual places.

Edit: Ripped off from an Aussie TV show from 2015. Now I know why it's good.

Edited by giddyup

Please don't laugh but the Netflix adaptation of the young adult novel "13 Reasons Why" was pretty darned engrossing. I think it's one of the best shows ever made about the DARK side of the American high school experience. Especially relatable to those of us that weren't high school jock idols. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2017 at 6:57 PM, sanuk711 said:

Acceptable Risk is a 6 part thriller from Irish TV... its one of the better ones to come out lately.

Netflicks just dropped a whole season of "Longmire"  Season 6..which is in the usual places.

There is some good UK true crime out at the moment--"Swipe Right For Murder" is one covers a Muslin dating site--girl from Cardiff--meets man from N.York.....Surprisingly enough he was possessive  when she wants to  move on.

Never Never -- in the UK is what is now known has HP... Because you Never never paid it off..the catalogue companies and their pushy agents (that collected every week--jobs were to make sure of that--set in a bleak Council estate --its a re-release of an award winning  2000 TV drama --2 part

Award-winning writer, Tony Marchant, created this riveting two-part television drama about the harsh and everyday realities of debt on an ordinary housing estate in Britain.

re-release BBC put a 26 part called "Infamous Assassinations" a study of attempted and successful Assassination...of just about everyone...from Gandhi-to Mountbatten

The last and final episode of George Gently ....(some time back)  

Thoroughly enjoyed season 6 of Longmire and also the finale of George Gently. Good ending to both series.

1 minute ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

All 3,824 of them?

Maybe, but it certainly doesn't deserve the high rating. I watched it with my Thai partner and she thought it was pretty ho hum I guess if I was a Thai teenager I might have got more out of it. Acting was on a par with Thai soapies.

2 hours ago, mikebike said:

Best series western since Deadwood.

Say what now, San Francisco c@cks@cker?

glad to hear it... Godless is downloaded and ready to go...

On the zombie side of things... started watching Ash vs Evil Dead, which is amusing... and scores a remarkable 98% on rotten tomatoes

"This sort-of sequel to the 1981 cult horror-comedy-film franchise finds chainsaw-handed creature fighter Ash (Bruce Campbell) reluctantly re-upping to save the world from a Deadite plague that he, in a moment of carelessness, has once again unleashed on mankind. To help out, he now has trusty sidekicks Pablo (Ray Santiago), Ash's coworker and friend, and Kelly (Dana DeLorenzo), whose family was wiped out by the evil dead."

Oh, it also has Lucy Lawless in the cast.

On 11/26/2017 at 9:12 PM, Jingthing said:

Please don't laugh but the Netflix adaptation of the young adult novel "13 Reasons Why" was pretty darned engrossing. I think it's one of the best shows ever made about the DARK side of the American high school experience. Especially relatable to those of us that weren't high school jock idols. 

It was great.  Dark and a bit depressing but good acting, plot, etc.  The soundtrack is great too. 

I guess a season 2 is in the works now.

• Thanks 1