What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Of course there is serious deception. They are required to sign crafty release forms. But the smarter people mostly get that it's BS like Ted Koppel and Bernie Sanders.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Watched an episode with the guy with his trousers down.what rubbish

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 7/18/2018 at 8:27 AM, sanuk711 said:

The Five Billion Pound Super Sewer 

If anyone is interested in following great engineering feats, BBC 3 started showing last night (3 parts) what the UK hopes will solve its London sewage problems, (most of which was built by the  Victorians ). Its a tunnel that will run 90 metres under the Thames 20 miles long and 7 meters wide. Special designed Hugh pumps that will take it all away to another (not so salubrious )  part of London  near the isle Of Dogs. ......it took 3 years to build so the 3 parts will cover that starting with the 80 meter entrance shaft that caused a of of problems

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/jul/17/tuesdays-best-tv-the-five-billion-pound-super-sewer-random-acts

Is Episode 2 out yet?

Nothing on Lime.... yet.

6 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Is Episode 2 out yet?

Nothing on Lime.... yet.

Yes it came out 3 days ago.............Have you not got a VPN ExpatW.......you can get it on IPlayer from BBC2

Edited by sanuk711

Orange is the New Black is back. A formerly interesting show about the menagerie of personalities that end up in women's prison which has morphed into a feminist fantasy of white male oppression and minority victims of the unfair system.

The whole season 6 is out in torrents

• Thanks 1

They are re running "The Widower"  A three-part drama based on the crimes of convicted murderer Malcolm Webster.

I saw it a few years ago and thought the acting was good----story amazing. If they have it on your provider (I'm getting it from Chaos) its worth a look -----just 3 parts......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They are re running "The Widower"  A three-part drama based on the crimes of convicted murderer Malcolm Webster.
I saw it a few years ago and thought the acting was good----story amazing. If they have it on your provider (I'm getting it from Chaos) its worth a look -----just 3 parts......

Excelent series.saw it when it came out.amazing what he got up to

• Like 1

Britain's Parking Hell ---is a short series on the madness in Britain re getting a parking space....... "documenting the daily battles across Britain for parking spaces, looking at the struggles faced by motorists, councils and private parking companies. In the first episode, the parking enforcers of Weston Super Mare are under pressure as 100,000 visitors descend on this popular seaside town on bank holiday Monday"

I live in a small Issan Town---but you can see the comparisons here already ----in 6 months this year half a million cars sold to domestic Thai market. Found it quite interesting.

IT (2017)
images-25.jpg
Seven young outcasts in Derry, Maine, are about to face their worst nightmare -- an ancient, shape-shifting evil that emerges from the sewer every 27 years to prey on the town's children. Banding together over the course of one horrifying summer, the friends must overcome their own personal fears to battle the murderous, bloodthirsty clown known as Pennywise.

On 8/2/2018 at 4:02 PM, sanuk711 said:

Thanks for the heads-up.  Found it on tpb, just finished watching it. An excellent 2.25 hours, well worth watching.

I think Snowfall is quite a good watch....... if it hasn't had a mention before, its just started its 2nd season, set in the Regan era ---revolves around not only the CIA mans problems ---flying the drugs up from Nicaragua.  But the distribution, as many of the people he supplies get into different wars or go off the rails when the big money starts coming in.

If you haven't seen series one  you can get it from Rarbg......in one hit or just try a few episodes out, its quite violent ----up to about 3rd episode on series 2-----quite good

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6439752/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

• Like 1

Britain's Parking Hell ---is a short series on the madness in Britain re getting a parking space....... "documenting the daily battles across Britain for parking spaces, looking at the struggles faced by motorists, councils and private parking companies. In the first episode, the parking enforcers of Weston Super Mare are under pressure as 100,000 visitors descend on this popular seaside town on bank holiday Monday"

I live in a small Issan Town---but you can see the comparisons here already ----in 6 months this year half a million cars sold to domestic Thai market. Found it quite interesting.

Sounds good....what channel/website?

Just watched "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" and it was very good, if tugging at the heartstrings a little.

Have been to Guernsey and Jersey and saw evidence and heard stories about the German occupation, so was intrigued by it.

• Like 1

I have been watching the WSOP---World series of Poker, I dont play but its fascinating the way some people can read others body language, you have guys turn up in oversized dark glasses hoods pulled up wont talk just grunt, other's very gregarious --pots in the middle of $100,K or more and sometimes they will stare at the guy for 3-4 minutes, say yes/no and usually get it right.

Of course you know all the cards as the tiny cameras pick them up when dealt, & the screen is showing what the odds at the side are as the lay down the extra cards (Texas hold'em)

The commentator going through the Players Bio is amazing, some guys in their late 30s/40s will have a career  winnings in the $30 million or so---. More than some tennis players, & a little better than climbing  into a UFC cage--- and this is their declared earnings, they must attend a lot of "private functions"

The program are 4 hour sessions for 4 days then the final...(which of course is the most exciting to watch) but if your just into finals---you can go back and pick up 2017/16 easy enough

Yes it's fascinating. I played in one of the WSOP side events many years ago when I was playing poker online. I won a satellite to a $1000 buy-n tournament , it only cost me $200 , including flight and hotel.

I had no chance at my table, I felt I played okay, but lack of live experience I was an easy target.

It went much better a few days later when I played in one of the cheap deep stack tournaments at Binion's downtown. Final table and I cashed out $900. Big money for someone playing for fun.

I have not watched the latest season, I don't even know who won it this year, so will download and enjoy it now.

Now showing on iTV: “Who killed Sharon Birchwood” ...about how Detectives used a strategic game to solve a brutal murder in Surrey, England.

Very interesting, especially with the search for the killer leading to the backstreets of Thailand....BTW that’s not a spoiler as Thailand is mentioned within the first couple of minutes by the narrator.

• Like 1

Tv series - Succession

Enjoyed episode 1 for this new HBO show.
All 11 episodes are out there.

Summary: Succession follows a dysfunctional American global-media family.

Yeah quite enjoying this. Watched it alongside Trust which also looked OK but boy did it drag, was glad to get to the end of it, even more surprising that I did.

Sent using Tapatalk

• Like 1

New season of Cuckoo the comedy.starts today should be the usual places tomorrow

Cuckoo is a program i never showed an interest as :
a) the title suggests a lame Richard Briars/ Felicity Kendal type of sitcom and;
b) I’d never heard of Gregg Davies ( Man Down and Taskmaster) when it first came out in 2012 !!

But, now I’m more enlightened I watched a couple of episodes and I’m hooked !!

All 4 seasons available on iPlayer.
  • Like 1

Cuckoo is a program i never showed an interest as :
a) the title suggests a lame Richard Briars/ Felicity Kendal type of sitcom and;
b) I’d never heard of Gregg Davies ( Man Down and Taskmaster) when it first came out in 2012 !!

But, now I’m more enlightened I watched a couple of episodes and I’m hooked !!

All 4 seasons available on iPlayer.
Yes he is a funny guy.another good series is The Inbetweeners.about 4 school friends. Its very rude very funny 3 series and 2 movies he is a teacher in it

• Like 1