What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

On 8/4/2018 at 5:36 PM, xylophone said:

Just watched "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" and it was very good, if tugging at the heartstrings a little.

Have been to Guernsey and Jersey and saw evidence and heard stories about the German occupation, so was intrigued by it.

Thanks for recommending it.

I thought it was an excellent film too. No violence or swearing, just a nice story set just after WW2.

• Like 1

Yes he is a funny guy.another good series is The Inbetweeners.about 4 school friends. Its very rude very funny 3 series and 2 movies he is a teacher in it

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks, i just finished watching the 3 series of Inbetweeners on ALL4 , thought I’d take a look what’s new on iPlayer and recognised him at once .

If you haven’t seen Taskmaster i can recommend it, think it was only shown on Dave but i managed to download most of the 7 seasons on torrents sites.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Season 4 of the excellent Better Call Saul has just started.

You beat me to it Will27.................GREAT show....and now that all the dodgy

characters from "Braking Bad" and the drug deals/hit men are going on in the last series, its up to a 9 on IMDB.

Anyone that found it slow at first----go back give it another try, it really is a top show.

• Like 1

Tv series - Cocaine Coast AKA Farinia Snow on the Atlantic

Really enjoying this new one by Netflix.
The series I'm watching has subs and is not dubbed like the trailer.

Summary: It takes place in the Galicia (Spain) of the 80s, when the fishing sector was transformed and many of the shipowners
became indebted. This situation will be favorable for the start of activities such as contraband and drug trafficking.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, newatthis said:

For all us Aussies, I do recommend Jack Irish: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4905554/

with Guy Pearce.

The first 3 movies  and TV series were great and this current series is also worth viewing.

Forget the Aussie bit, I'm a Brit and I think it's a great series!

Now we're onto series 4 and I've been d/l it, waiting to binge--watch the entire series.

btw, the music that was used for the films, but not the series is by Nick Cave - Right Red Hand.

It's also used for the BBC series Peaky Blinders too:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxePKps87k

• Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 8:07 AM, Will27 said:

Tv series - Succession

Enjoyed episode 1 for this new HBO show.
All 11 episodes are out there.

Summary: Succession follows a dysfunctional American global-media family.

I was thinking that Episode 10 that I'm going to watch tonight was the finale.  Does this go to 11?

12 hours ago, dukeandduke said:

I was thinking that Episode 10 that I'm going to watch tonight was the finale.  Does this go to 11?

Just had a look.

IMDB says there are 11 episodes but it seems as if there are 10.

Quite enjoying Succession, but I don't warm to any of the characters.

They're all too self-interested, & I feel that although it's a good series, I could get bored with the relentless power struggles.

I don't have any empathy for them.

Ahoy me mateys, a recent addition to bring to your attention...

ABDUCTED: ELIZABETH I's Child Actors (documentary)

The gripping true story of a child abducted from the streets of Elizabethan London, and how his father fought to get him back. Presented by acclaimed children’s author and academic, Katherine Rundell, this intriguing tale is set behind the scenes in the golden age of Shakespeare, and sheds a shocking light on the lives of children long before they were thought to have rights.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the first 4 episodes of "Castle Rock", a series based on the "Stephen King Universe"!

Excellent actors, great score, exciting story- line...

I am a bit scared though: there is a lot of mystery and the whole thing is produced by JJ Abrams and his "Bad Robot"- company!

If that doesn't ring a bell: I hope we don't get "Lost"-ed, here!

Another series, that I enjoy as kind of a "guilty pleasure", is "The 100".

This one is so bad, it is almost good!

It is full of plot holes, deep enough to hide a space station in it, there are more "deus es machina"- moments, then one is able to count and the protagonists just stumble from bad decision to the next!

If you would have a shot for every stupid decision made, you would be p!$$ed drunk, halfway through the episode.

I don't know exactly why I watch it...maybe it is this "horrible car- crash, that you can't look away from" effect...?!

• Like 2

Season 2 of Harlots,is on its not bad suprised there were so many black people in Britain in the 1700s and even married to white women.you learn something new every day LOL

A little bit of research will show there was a sizable black population in Britain in the 1700's which did indeed intermarry with the white population. Check out the works of historian Michael Wood, for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

A little bit of research will show there was a sizable black population in Britain in the 1700's which did indeed intermarry with the white population. Check out the works of historian Michael Wood, for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
Yes there were many as servants to the rich and as slaves also those who came as sailors on ships ,not as brothel owners,in high society or married to white women with white daughters,oh yes there were many begging in the east end as they were seen as less than human.I do know my history.