What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

3 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

Do they make good movies anymore?

Havent seen one for a few years now.

not really…in hollywood they don't.

the real good stories are on american tv shows now. Homeland, billions, feud etc.

For films, try something french, spanish or scandinavian. Search google for the 100 best european thrillers

(you will get an imdb page) and go through the list one by one. A few turkeys for sure, but mostly very good films.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 1

Just now, JHolmesJr said:

well homeland ended on a great note as usual….nicely setting u for seasons 7 and 8

Just downloaded that as well as Billions and Feud. Also a new Western series (episodes 1 & 2) has started, called The Son, with Pierce Brosnan, haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Saw this one earlier... "Ghost In The Shell" in IMAX format with 4D... I liked it.  Despite many digs at this film by fans of the original animated effort in 1995 I though it was visually stunning and I liked the acting as well. The IMAX format combined with the excellent surround sound made for an immersive experience. I'd recommend the film regardless the format in which you might view it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

Just downloaded that as well as Billions and Feud. Also a new Western series (episodes 1 & 2) has started, called The Son, with Pierce Brosnan, haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Downloaded billions S2? From where if S2 please?

Billions S1 was just sensational.

28 minutes ago, giddyup said:

choose life, choose a job, choose a carea,

Is that the same as a career?

It's a common symptom from listening to too much Roger Waters.

Whilst Roger is a genius of melody, his lyrics can career off into .......melancholic desperation

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

There's no mercy when it comes to spelling !!
My father was a teacher !
Now it's payback time !! emoji51.png

My father was a taxi driver so no mercy shown from me when you want a post code quiz! Cm23-bishops Stortford 45000 Roi Et. 10260 bang chak!

Edited by Rc2702
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, i claudius said:

I do not usually watch many movies but really liked Passengers ,about a space ship going to another planet and everyone asleep for 90 years then one guy wakes up ,only 4 people in the movie , but really enjoyed it .

Me too. There are still plenty of good films made in Hollywood and elsewhere. However, I agree that TV shows are much better than when we were younger, so tend to concentrate more on newer TV series.  Some are truly amazing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ulysses G. said:

Me too. There are still plenty of good films made in Hollywood and elsewhere. However, I agree that TV shows are much better than when we were younger, so tend to concentrate more on newer TV series.  Some are truly amazing.

Audiences just need more nowadays and it'seems the reason we see films being that bit longer. 90 minute films or even 2 hours do not cut it anymore and the big players are swapping the movies for series.  I really liked a show called Brotherhood set in Boston I think about 2 brothers. But it got axed after 1-2 series. Still disappointed with that.

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Audiences just need more nowadays and it'seems the reason we see films being that bit longer. 90 minute films or even 2 hours do not cut it anymore and the big players are swapping the movies for series.  I really liked a show called Brotherhood set in Boston I think about 2 brothers. But it got axed after 1-2 series. Still disappointed with that.

Brotherhood was a great series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457229/?ref_=nv_sr_4

Disappointed it only lasted for 3 series.

• Like 1

An old series i have just downloaded and watched that the wife and i enjoyed was the no 1 ladies detective agency ,set i Botswana , give it a try its in the usual places , also the new series of Better call Saul has just started and dont forget its the new DR Who starting on the 15th .

7 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

I used to watch movies with the wife but she would constantly pause the movie and ask what just happened then, can you translate.
I started watching Thai movies with her and I kept interupting, what did she say? Whats happening?

Now she has a T.V upstairs and I have a T.V downstairs. We have since never expressed an interest in watching T.V together again. She likes her stuff and I like mine. Still we do walk around with colour coordinated matching clothes.

Black and white clothes (like the TVs?), suitable for the year's mourning I trust.

Except for a brief riotous outbreak of Hawaiian colour in Songkran.

• Like 1