SURVEY: Should Donald Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Donald Trump receive the Nobel Peace Prize?  

378 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It has been suggested that President Donald Trump should be given the Nobel Peace Prize.   In your opinion, do you agree or disagree?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of if deserved or not ,and I don't think any serious minded person believe he does.  If they nominated Trump the Nobel organisation would lose all credibility, and I don't believe they are stupid enough to do that. 

But then again I did not believe Americans were stupid enough to elect him president.......

I voted no based on his performance to date. Even though I think "trump" is a fascist and a real threat to American democracy and everything that decent Americans hold dear, if a potential prize is about peace in Korea, I will concede it is possible that he might deserve such a prize at a later date DEPENDING on future accomplishments on that issue. But way too early now.

Before any silly person says but but but Obama, of course Obama didn't deserve the prize he got. It was given prematurely and it turned out he wouldn't have deserved it anyway based on his performance.

So they made a mistake before. No need for a REPEAT.

Cheers

The push by the GOP for Trump to get a Nobel Peace Prize is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard of. Just months ago he was talking about having a bigger button, calling Kim Little Rocket Man, and speaking of Fire and Fury. 

1 minute ago, jcsmith said:

The push by the GOP for Trump to get a Nobel Peace Prize is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard of. Just months ago he was talking about having a bigger button, calling Kim Little Rocket Man, and speaking of Fire and Fury. 

Again, it's a talk versus action thing. Obama started political life as Nobel Prize winner and then went off to trigger a civil war that killed hundreds of thousands and displaced millions and led to the refugee crisis in Europe. Talk/Action, not equivalent. I am shocked that people that read these news forums everyday don't know these things. They've got about a 24 hour memory.

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

Regardless of if deserved or not ,and I don't think any serious minded person believe he does.  If they nominated Trump the Nobel organisation would lose all credibility, and I don't believe they are stupid enough to do that. 

But then again I did not believe Americans were stupid enough to elect him president.......

They already lost all credibility when they gave it to the fallen messiah, Obama.

For his efforts (in spite of a very hateful and unprecedented media bias) on the Korean peninsula alone he deserves the Nobel peace prize. For keeping a cool head while the ridiculous witch-hunt drags on and on and on and on he deserves another peace prize. Keep calm and carry on Trump, you are doing an excellent job. 

For the troll above - the Nobel award totally lost credibility when it was given to Obama right at the beginning of his presidency, just for being a person of color, and that he was a person of color gave the award committee hope for his rule - total insanity. Obama was embarrassed at the silliness of it, and the award secretary has since admitted it was a mistake. They lost all credibility then. Trump is a far more deserving candidate.

The Nobel Peace Prize for what accomplishment exactly?

As much as I dislike Trump, I do think it is fair that he be considered IF he does accomplish something good, but that has not happened yet. Might the Koreans achieve a lasting agreement? Yes, they might, but they haven't yet and if history is anything to go by, they won't (unfortunately). However, IF the Koreans do reach a deal, it would be fair to see if Trump or anyone else made a significant contribution.

The Nobel Peace prize WAS diminished when they awarded it to Obama for simply not being George Bush. Awarding it to Trump without a clear accomplishment would be diminishing it further.

If the Nobel Peace Prize is to regain its prestige, it has to be awarded for accomplishments.

6 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

The Nobel Peace Prize for what accomplishment exactly?

As much as I dislike Trump, I do think it is fair that he be considered IF he does accomplish something good, but that has not happened yet. Might the Koreans achieve a lasting agreement? Yes, they might, but they haven't yet and if history is anything to go by, they won't (unfortunately). However, IF the Koreans do reach a deal, it would be fair to see if Trump or anyone else made a significant contribution.

The Nobel Peace prize WAS diminished when they awarded it to Obama for simply not being George Bush. Awarding it to Trump without a clear accomplishment would be diminishing it further.

If the Nobel Peace Prize is to regain its prestige, it has to be awarded for accomplishments.

One of the very few fair and level headed objections to something Trump-positive on this forum. 

I'd also like to see how long this lasts between the Koreans.

North Korea are timing their move to get sanctions lifted perfectly.

A weak US President desperate for a deal.

NK will keep their nuclear weapons, get the sanctions lifted and reductions in US troops on their border.

Trump will get nothing that’s not already been agreed between NK and China.

He doesnt deserve the lickings of a dog.

That he could be spoken of in the same breath as luther king, mother theresa, mandela, dalai lama makes me sick to my stomach.

The world is descending into its own self made inferno if that revolting specimen is awarded the NPP.

I think the reality TV president should get the Nobel Prize for Literature. Any one of his public speeches are such works of fiction it is amazing. His screenplay as POTUS has so many twists and turns it is hard to fathom. The way he can make up stories on the fly and then contradict these stories the next day shows what a delusional savant he truly is. The amount of drama that goes on in the WH captivates both the news and the late night shows. Yep, he is definitely a one man traveling show for the ages and his works of fictional prose will last several lifetimes.

I think they should also nominate him for an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series to show what a true joke of a president he really is.

American presidents get way too much consideration when it comes to the Nobel prize. They are politicians who manage occasionally to preside over events on the correct side of an agenda. Many more people devote their lives to peaceful causes and receive diddly. The Nobel is nothing more than a virtue signal and an atta boy for fulfilling some globalist objective. Woodrow Wilson gave the federal reserve all of America's money. Theodore Roosevelt opened the door for the league of nations to begin building the one world government. And the diminutive, statist, Jimmy Carter, was really just Obama number 1, people preferred him as a black man though. Obama #2, appeared to get the award for just showing up. He paid for the award in full though, through his policies.

Of course Trump doesn't deserve the award yet. Him winning the award would be be a red flag for me though.

8 hours ago, sirineou said:

Really they can give Obama a Noble Prize for doing nothing and if Trump achieves a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula he would not deserve it. I mean its only been 6 decades for this to be possible. An I guess you think Hilary would have been your choice for us Americans..

After awarding Obomber the NPP it lost any and all of it's prestige, stature, fame and reputation for the majority of the world ... The awarding of the NPP means nothing in today's world ... getting the NASCAR CUP means more than getting this tarnished piece of irrelevant unimportant bling

45 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

He doesnt deserve the lickings of a dog.

That he could be spoken of in the same breath as luther king, mother theresa, mandela, dalai lama makes me sick to my stomach.

The world is descending into its own self made inferno if that revolting specimen is awarded the NPP.

Expatthailover has spoken loud and clear. I second his words.

The Nobel committee lost all credibility by awarding the prize to Obama simply for not being George Bush, and for not stripping Ang Sung su chi of hers in the wake of the ethnic cleansing in Burma.

While everyone is watching North Korea, the reality TV president is going to start another major conflict in the middle east. Peace prize my butt.

Revealed: Trump team hired spy firm for ‘dirty ops’ on Iran arms deal

On Thursday the UN secretary general Antonio Guterres urged Trump not to walk away from the deal, warning that there was a real risk of war if the 2015 agreement was not preserved.

Obama got one for doing nothing and Malala got one for being shot so any credibility is long long out the window. 

Archived