SURVEY: Should Donald Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Donald Trump receive the Nobel Peace Prize?  

378 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, Scottjouro said:

Naah not even close...that would be the Bushes for starting illegal wars to enrich their oil buddys and Obama for allowing those wars to continue  

The Bushes and their cohorts have destabilsed the whole of the middle East, and destroyed countries in the process...they should be in jail for war crimes 

Right, good thing Trump has pulled us out of Afghanistan, Iraq, and other countries in the Mid-East and Africa.  Oh wait....

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Obama and Clinton did pull off meetings with North Korea, which resulted in temporary moratoriums on nuclear weapon development.  No Nobel Peace Prizes or calls for sainthood for either.

Trump's meeting with Kim has resulted in nothing but love letters.

Er to quote that leftist bastion of fake news and propaganda, who are sometimes useful...although intended as an anti trump propaganda piece, does contain this nugget...so may i humbly request you check you facts before you comment cos even Crap News Network disagrees with you 

Before Trump, the closest a sitting US President got to meeting a North Korean leader was Bill Clinton, who was considering the possibility of traveling to Pyongyang to conclude a missile deal late in his presidency in 2000.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/09/politics/north-korea-trump-obama-bush-clinton/index.html

As for the Nobel Prize in connection with "peace", there are a few absurdities anyway:
Nobel's experiments with nitroglycerin resulted in several accidents; in an explosion in 1864, in which his laboratory was destroyed, his brother Emil and four other people were killed. Due to the danger the Swedish authorities forbade him further experiments with nitroglycerine within Stockholm.
The award is an annual prize awarded since 1901 by the Swedish inventor and industrialist Alfred Nobel (1833-1896). I find it curious that someone who donates his money earned by the production of explosives awarded a peace prize. In his will, he stated that his fortune should be used to establish a foundation whose interest "will be given as a price to those who have bestowed the greatest benefit to mankind in the last year."
I doubt that applies to the Donald.

But we live in a crazy world. Similarly, the Vatican could consider a canonization of Pol Pot because he left a number of its fellow citizens alive.

1 minute ago, Lupatria said:

As for the Nobel Prize in connection with "peace", there are a few absurdities anyway:
Nobel's experiments with nitroglycerin resulted in several accidents; in an explosion in 1864, in which his laboratory was destroyed, his brother Emil and four other people were killed. Due to the danger the Swedish authorities forbade him further experiments with nitroglycerine within Stockholm.
The award is an annual prize awarded since 1901 by the Swedish inventor and industrialist Alfred Nobel (1833-1896). I find it curious that someone who donates his money earned by the production of explosives awarded a peace prize. In his will, he stated that his fortune should be used to establish a foundation whose interest "will be given as a price to those who have bestowed the greatest benefit to mankind in the last year."
I doubt that applies to the Donald.

But we live in a crazy world. Similarly, the Vatican could consider a canonization of Pol Pot because he left a number of its fellow citizens alive.

Funny you mention this...i would vote for Trump to become pope as well...

30 minutes ago, Scottjouro said:

Er to quote that leftist bastion of fake news and propaganda, who are sometimes useful...although intended as an anti trump propaganda piece, does contain this nugget...so may i humbly request you check you facts before you comment cos even Crap News Network disagrees with you 

Before Trump, the closest a sitting US President got to meeting a North Korean leader was Bill Clinton, who was considering the possibility of traveling to Pyongyang to conclude a missile deal late in his presidency in 2000.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/09/politics/north-korea-trump-obama-bush-clinton/index.html

No President before met with North Korea's leader because they would not give him that legitimacy without major concessions, which were never offered.  Obama and Clinton had their people negotiate with representatives from North Korea and got meaningful concessions on the nuclear program. 

Trump gave Kim Jong Un a major prize, international legitimacy, just be meeting with him.  Trump got nothing but love letters in return.

BTW:  Did you read the source you provided?  Did you understand the headline "Trump isn't the first US President to get a North Korean invite. But he's the first to accept."  Trump's "accomplishment" was nothing by a major concession by the US.

7 minutes ago, heybruce said:

No President before met with North Korea's leader because they would not give him that legitimacy without major concessions, which were never offered.  Obama and Clinton had their people negotiate with representatives from North Korea and got meaningful concessions on the nuclear program. 

Trump gave Kim Jong Un a major prize, international legitimacy, just be meeting with him.  Trump got nothing but love letters in return.

BTW:  Did you read the source you provided?  Did you understand the headline "Trump isn't the first US President to get a North Korean invite. But he's the first to accept."  Trump's "accomplishment" was nothing by a major concession by the US.

You should really remember what you write, i remember exactly what i wrote..

"Obama and Clinton did pull off meetings with North Korea, which resulted in temporary moratoriums on nuclear weapon"

so now your saying no president met before, and it was their "people"...make your mind up...you said both Clinton and Obama did pull off meetings...cant have it both ways...LOL...your going to hold your breath now until your head explodes are you ? 

1 hour ago, Scottjouro said:

You should really remember what you write, i remember exactly what i wrote..

"Obama and Clinton did pull off meetings with North Korea, which resulted in temporary moratoriums on nuclear weapon"

so now your saying no president met before, and it was their "people"...make your mind up...you said both Clinton and Obama did pull off meetings...cant have it both ways...LOL...your going to hold your breath now until your head explodes are you ? 

You posted "Lets face facts, if Obama or Clinton had pulled off a meeting with the lot in NK with a view to shutting down their nuclear program, in addtional to the corrupt nobel peace prize, there would be petitions to make them Saints as well"

I pointed out that they did "pull off" meetings, I assume there were many and they were productive.  You did not post "If Obama or Clinton had met with the leader of North Korea".  If that is what you had meant to post, those are the words you should have used.

No, I'm not going to hold my breath.  What a strange thing ask.  Presidents are responsible for what their administrations do, even if they don't attend every meeting all over the world held at their direction.  Do you understand that?

Archived