SURVEY: Should Donald Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Donald Trump receive the Nobel Peace Prize?  

378 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Monday 14 May 2018 

At least 55 murdered and thousands injured by Israelis firing live bullets at protesters protesting about Trumps big idea of moving the American Embassy to Jerusalem, and the plonker still thinks he should get the peace prize???

Alfred Nobel must be turning in his grave... 

Ah, just a normal moving job, get a life, it is only Iran provoking, nothing else, they are pissed of course, and paid Hissbolla to send some kids to protest. Jerusalem is the city of the king of Isreal, written 6000 years ago, and give them (amricans) the right to place the Embassy wherever they want. Or something like that. 

Edited by Hummin

North Korea threatens to cancel Trump summit - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44134910

What a joke this man and his minions are looks like it was all just talk about nothing.

I wonder if it's because the North doesn't want to help his propaganda machine. If he would have kept his big mouth shout some good could have just maybe have come out of this.

His vanity his hurting the world and I can't believe his supporters still support him.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 9:40 PM, alocacoc said:

Nope. You got it wrong. Israel has their right to defend them selves.  Bush, Clinton and Obama planned also to move the embassy to Jerusalem. But - what a surprise - they weren't able to hold their promises. Now we got a president who does exactly for what he got elected for. And Booom...suddenly he's the bad guy. Sooo, yes, You got it wrong.

Really? They planned to move the embassy to Jerusalem. I'd say that's 100% false. In fact, they resisted pressure to move the embassy to Jerusalem. What dark force was it that thwared the Presidents' will?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Myran said:

Why the hell not? The Norwegians haven't been able to follow the guidelines left by Alfred Nobel a single time before, so why start now?

What have the Norwegians got to do with it?  Alfred was, and the Nobel prize academy are, Swedish.  

Maybe he should get it, if just for the headline: "Swedes award prize to turnip".

Edited by ballpoint
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ballpoint said:

What have the Norwegians got to do with it?  Alfred was, and the Nobel prize academy are, Swedish.  

Maybe he should get it, if just for the headline: "Swedes award prize to turnip".

The Peace Price is handed out by the Norwegian Nobel Committee, while the rest of the prices are handed out by the Swedish Nobel Committee.

Just now, Myran said:

The Peace Price is handed out by the Norwegian Nobel Committee, while the rest of the prices are handed out by the Swedish Nobel Committee.

You're correct.  I hang my head in shame.

When the Nobel organization offers a prize for stupdity, then the Trump administration will definitely be eligible. 

North Korea threatens to cancel summit with Trump

"North Korea threatened Wednesday to call off a planned summit between its leader, Kim Jong Un, and President Trump, rejecting the administration's demand for what it called "unilateral nuclear abandonment."

Trump and his national security advisor, John Bolton, have repeatedly said that the U.S. goal in the scheduled talks is for North Korea to fully give up its nuclear program, which the North has spent decades building.

Bolton recently held out Libya, which did abandon a much less advanced nuclear program more than a decade ago, as an example for Pyongyang to follow."

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-fg-us-north-korea-20180516-story.html

How stupid do you have to be to raise Lybia as an example? Unless of course, Bolton, ever bellicose, actually wants to sabotage the negotiations. In which case, how stupid do you have to be to make John Bolton your national security advisor?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bristolboy said:

When the Nobel organization offers a prize for stupdity, then the Trump administration will definitely be eligible. 

North Korea threatens to cancel summit with Trump

"North Korea threatened Wednesday to call off a planned summit between its leader, Kim Jong Un, and President Trump, rejecting the administration's demand for what it called "unilateral nuclear abandonment."

Trump and his national security advisor, John Bolton, have repeatedly said that the U.S. goal in the scheduled talks is for North Korea to fully give up its nuclear program, which the North has spent decades building.

Bolton recently held out Libya, which did abandon a much less advanced nuclear program more than a decade ago, as an example for Pyongyang to follow."

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-fg-us-north-korea-20180516-story.html

How stupid do you have to be to raise Lybia as an example? Unless of course, Bolton, ever bellicose, actually wants to sabotage the negotiations. In which case, how stupid do you have to be to make John Bolton your national security advisor?

It seems that Bolton, a potential laureate for the Nobel War Prize, is doing is best to sabotage the negociations, pushing North Korea to react so that Trump will be able to say: "see, I was ready but you cannot trust Kim!"

Hopefully, the world is starting to recognize the ugly face of the US administration for what it is...and no one is fooled anymore by Bolton...except probably CNN...

• Like 2

North Korea will never give up its Nuclear weapons. other Countries will attain them.

If anything South Korea, japan and some others may develop them.

The claim Nuclear weapons have prevented major wars One should reflect on the many dead Koreans of that conflict, Of the 2 million Vietnamese who died, Of the Iraqis, Afghans, Pakistanis, indians, Iranians, yemenis and others who continue to die in conflicts often fostered by and supported by Nuclear powers.

Nuclear weapons have not bought peace just and arrogance by those who have them that they can Bully those of us who reject their insanity

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wayned said:

If there is a summit and Trump thinks that he might get the Nobel Peace Prize, God help us!  He will give Kim anything that he wants.

That's a good thought (or a bad one). But HOW THE FREAK can there be talk of a Nobel Peace Prize? There hasn't even been a meeting yet. And now there is talk that it may not happen. I think those who initiated such talk were jumping the gun.

It would be so sad the see Mr Kim outsmart Mr Ego. The ART of the DEAL. Bull crap.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I heard that the commemorative coins that were minted for the summit can now be found in the remainder bins at Target.

Not sure they're worthless. "trump" is clearly the worst president in American history. Crass stuff like that will surely be collectors items. How can we score them?

Edited by Jingthing

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not sure they're worthless. "trump" is clearly the worst president in American history. Crass stuff like that will surely be collectors items. How can we score them?

There is a rumor going around that he plans to melt them into an exact copy of the Nobel Peace Prize which he will then award to himself.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Apparently you can buy them from the White House gift shop website, if you can get through, which is unlikely.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/05/24/trump-kim-jong-un-summit-coin-now-sale-after-meeting-canceled/641434002/

Too bad, they will probably become an ironic collectable.

• Like 1

The original price was $24.95, t5heve noe discounted them to $19.95 and have added free shipping if you order over $150.00 worth!  Better hurry, the summit might be back on!

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Quidio said:

No.  Definitely not.   I read that people that win the Nobel Prize live longer than those who are just nominated, so that would be a definite no from me.

My sentiments exactly. No leader (555, leader, LOL) in my lifetime has ever upset the world this much.

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

The nobel prize was just announced and i was  shocked to see that Trump did not win it. Still waiting to see if he will win the Science price for his views in global warming.:tongue: 

He is more likely to get the prize in literature, for his immortal tweets...

• Haha 2

I believe he has asked the UN to move their HQ to the White House Lawn so he can be the next UN Secretary General as well as POTUS. 

Donald may also be interested in upcoming vacancies at Interpol whose President has just gone missing on a trip to his native China...

Interpol chief Meng Hongwei vanishes on trip to China

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45761466

Edited by Basil B