SURVEY: Should Donald Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Donald Trump receive the Nobel Peace Prize?  

378 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Ever since being awarded to Obama, the Nobel Peace Prize has been a joke.  If they do give it to Trump, he should refuse it.

They now regret giving Obama the Nobel Peace Prize.

They do but I don't think you're being fair. They gave it to Obama because he was reaching out to the Muslim world for peace. It didn't work out but that was historic. Also the fact that he was the first African American president in a country that still bears the legacy of slavery was historic as well. It was silly and Obama didn't ask for it or particularly want it, but I don't think it was a total joke in the context of the timing of when they gave it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Ever since being awarded to Obama, the Nobel Peace Prize has been a joke.  If they do give it to Trump, he should refuse it.

You do not get it...

Obama was awarded it because he did a lot more for world peace in his first few days in office than his predecessor, even if it was nothing. :coffee1:

14 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

In case you haven't heard, Trump didn't get it this year.  Unless he can somehow become the anti-Trump, he won't get in the future either.

No way would Trump turn it down if offered.  He lives for praise.  He announced he was in love with Kim Jong Un because of the nice letters Kim sent him.  Never mind that Kim is a brutal despot and a threat to world peace; he knows how to stroke Trump's ego, and that's all that matters to Trump.

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

In case you haven't heard, Trump didn't get it this year.  Unless he can somehow become the anti-Trump, he won't get in the future either.

No way would Trump turn it down if offered.  He lives for praise.  He announced he was in love with Kim Jong Un because of the nice letters Kim sent him.  Never mind that Kim is a brutal despot and a threat to world peace; he knows how to stroke Trump's ego, and that's all that matters to Trump.

in love with Kim

signals good times for LGBT in the US

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

Please highlight all the areas in my post where I said Trump got it this year.

President Obama got one without doing anything, so why not. I personally think it should wait until something is firm with N. Korea or the middle east. Or maybe he should get the Nobel peace prize for not using the American military in more unneeded wars/operations as previous Presidents have. 

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

They do but I don't think you're being fair. They gave it to Obama because he was reaching out to the Muslim world for peace. It didn't work out but that was historic. Also the fact that he was the first African American president in a country that still bears the legacy of slavery was historic as well. It was silly and Obama didn't ask for it or particularly want it, but I don't think it was a total joke in the context of the timing of when they gave it. 

So it was at least a "partial" joke?

2 hours ago, Ron19 said:

They would have to be kidding to even think he would deserve it.

Correctly stated but grossly understated. At the rate he's going, I wouldn't be surprised to see him start a war to deflect attention away from his own plethora personal problems at home.

Where's the peace in that?

10 minutes ago, Ahab said:

President Obama got one without doing anything, so why not. I personally think it should wait until something is firm with N. Korea or the middle east. Or maybe he should get the Nobel peace prize for not using the American military in more unneeded wars/operations as previous Presidents have. 

I hope you are good at waiting ("it should wait until something is firm with N. Korea"). Common belief is that North Korea will jerk him and his big ego just as they have to so many others.

And he seems to be itching for a fight with Iran or China. Note: He has strengthened the American forces. While he may use this strength in one of his bluff games, adversaries may take his bluff seriously. 

But Russia, oh no, can't threaten Russia (even though they will side with China).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, heybruce said:

"The low rated committee for the failing Nobel Peace Prize gave the prize to someone else, even though everybody says it should have gone to me.  Sad!"

Donald Trump

Fake Nobel !!!

Trump thinks They should move the Nobel prize out of Norway and to a neutral country like Oslo.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The manic said:

The vile terrorist Yasser Arafat, and the mass murderer Henry Kissinger both got the Nobel Peace prize.  Trump is more human and honest than both.

I am more human than all three of them and the signature on the bottom of my posts attests to my honesty . When is my Nobel prize coming?

11 hours ago, The manic said:

The vile terrorist Yasser Arafat, and the mass murderer Henry Kissinger both got the Nobel Peace prize.  Trump is more human and honest than both.

I suppose that Henry Kissinger getting it does set a precedent for Donald KissingKim getting it as well.

21 minutes ago, nausea said:

If he sorts out N.Korea yes, sometimes it takes an idiot to deal with an idiot. Ha! 

North Korea will short itself either now,  or eventually not because of any individual but because it is time. I think that awarding  the Nobel prize to whoever happens to sit on the oval office  (regardless of their political affiliation) simply for being there at the time and for doing their job , diminishes the  Importance of the prize.

Many have commented on Obama's Nobel  prize. IMO it was not awarded for any individual act but rather for a narrative and attitude that did more to promote peace around the world than any individual act ever could.

I'm on the right side, the Trump side...….all the way, BUT come on a Nobel peace prize. You got to be kidding. Won't even bring Barrack into the discussion. This just goes to show you how screwed up the world really is.

31 minutes ago, Mace648 said:

This has got to be a joke, the man is the worst POS  to have come on the world political scene in thousands of years. All he deserves is a hard kick in the ass. 

So your contention is that President Trump is worse than Mao, Stalin, Attilla the Hun, Heliogabalus, Commodus, Kaiser Wilhelm, Pol Pot, Vlad Tepes and many many more?

Thats what I dont get. With all the legitimate criticisms one could raise about President Trump, doesnt hyperbole sort of ruin any argument you may have against him?

15 hours ago, The manic said:

Agreed and how about that convicted terrorist Mandela..?

Lets face facts, if Obama or Clinton had pulled off a meeting with the lot in NK with a view to shutting down their nuclear program, in addtional to the corrupt nobel peace prize, there would be petitions to make them Saints as well

Trump is a bit of a half wit for sure but no worse than the Bushes, but the  rabid and corrupt MSM with their leftist/Marxist agendas have spread some disgusting propaganda about him 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mace648 said:

This has got to be a joke, the man is the worst POS  to have come on the world political scene in thousands of years. All he deserves is a hard kick in the ass. 

Naah not even close...that would be the Bushes for starting illegal wars to enrich their oil buddys and Obama for allowing those wars to continue  

The Bushes and their cohorts have destabilsed the whole of the middle East, and destroyed countries in the process...they should be in jail for war crimes 

Edited by Scottjouro
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Scottjouro said:

Agreed and how about that convicted terrorist Mandela..?

Lets face facts, if Obama or Clinton had pulled off a meeting with the lot in NK with a view to shutting down their nuclear program, in addtional to the corrupt nobel peace prize, there would be petitions to make them Saints as well

Trump is a bit of a half wit for sure but no worse than the Bushes, but the  rabid and corrupt MSM with their leftist/Marxist agendas have spread some disgusting propaganda about him 

Obama and Clinton did pull off meetings with North Korea, which resulted in temporary moratoriums on nuclear weapon development.  No Nobel Peace Prizes or calls for sainthood for either.

Trump's meeting with Kim has resulted in nothing but love letters.