Con man Or is he just outsmarted me?

thesetat2013

On 5/6/2018 at 6:57 PM, simoh1490 said:

I was responding to your statement where you wrote that a foreign-owned bar would be a first and clearly there are many such businesses, exactly how many constitutes a significant number, is subjective. In Chiang Mai I can think of two such businesses, one that is very popular and has five or six branches, I imagine in Phuket and Bangkok there must be loads. And then of course there's always  William Heinecke who is now a naturalised Thai but was born and raised as an American and subsequently grew one of Thailand's largest and most successful conglomerates, Minor Group, they own lots and lots of bars:  http://www.minorinternational.com/Home/Index.php

https://www.interactivethailand.com/corporate/foreign-business-ownership-in-thailand/

Absolute rubbish.Minor Group doesn't own any bars except as part of the upmarket hotels and restaurants it controls - and wouldn't touch with a barge pole the scummy type of bar being the subject of this thread.It's Thai operations are incorporated in MINT which is a listed company on the SET, and complies with all Thai rules and regulations.Its non-exec directors are people of the highest calibre.Bill Heinecke may be something of a pirate as most entrepreneurs of his class are.But he's also highly intelligent and commercially aware and is certainly not the kind of fool who doesn't know how to securely protect his investments.And that as someone else has pointed out earlier means getting the highest quality legal advance at the outset and not waiting until storm clouds are overhead.