U-tapao airport buses launched

Rimmer

U-tapao airport buses launched

image.png

U-tapao: Three bus routes linking U-tapao with three eastern provinces have been introduced to serve passengers and promote the international airport in Sattahip.

The Department of Land Transport (DLT) and the Navy jointly introduced the bus routes from the airport to Trat, Rayong and Chon Buri.

The routes are operated by private transport firms using air-conditioned buses with GPS tracking systems and another system to monitor their speed.

DLT Director General Sanit Promwong said the new services would benefit passengers and promote the airport as a new commercial aviation hub for eastern provinces

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-05-07
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Second report that I am aware of.

And even more sparse with information than the other.

After a minivan odyssey in January (after arriving from Phuket) I would love to know details about this new bus service.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

After a minivan odyssey in January (after arriving from Phuket) I would love to know details about this new bus service.

There is another thread; started last week in the Pattaya forum; with a little more detail. Maybe a mod can consolidate the two?

45 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

LOL

they did it like this even up in Chiang Mai. Deliberately keeping it low key like the world's best kept secret.
Obviously the taxi Mafia wouldn't want too many people to know about this service. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, champers said:

There is another thread; started last week in the Pattaya forum; with a little more detail. Maybe a mod can consolidate the two?

We are able to join topics but do not because it upsets the search engines, however here is a LINK  to it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

3.5 hours sounds about right if it goes via BKK.

The bus to Pattaya from U Tapao will have a final destination of Chonburi and will also stop at Sattahip and Si Racha. Fare is in the range of 14 to 64 Baht pp. The route is 100 km long. I am reading the report in Saturdays BP as I write this. No duration is mentioned, but I doubt it is anywhere near 3.5 hours. 4 minibuses per day timed in concert with plane arrivals, more to be supplied if there is demand. The article does not specify arrival point in Pattaya.

Current minibus prices to Pattaya are 250 Baht pp and that is for delivery direct to home or hotel.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I read someplace the bus from the airport to Pattaya will take 3.5 hours?

Got to be wrong.

A German online magazine writes:

1:30 hours to Chonburi.

Pattaya should be about 55 min?

Pattaya would probably mean something like Suk./Central rd.

3:15 hours is the bus to Trat.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Baht 250/person to Pattaya; Baht 750-800 gets you a private decent chauffeur driven car to Pattaya as well. Go figure which is safer and more comfortable; those maniacs in those minibuses must have gotten their driving licenses in the lottery and are all paid by the highest speed they can achieve. 

Just now, Sydebolle said:

Baht 250/person to Pattaya; Baht 750-800 gets you a private decent chauffeur driven car to Pattaya as well. Go figure which is safer and more comfortable; those maniacs in those minibuses must have gotten their driving licenses in the lottery and are all paid by the highest speed they can achieve. 

It's a new service...how do you know of the quality of the new service? Where to they terminate and depart from Pattaya. If you dont know and just want to preach race hate generalisation based on your own limited experience of travelling....just don't bother. Try crossing the Kyber pass in winter ice with a stoned driver and everybody carrying, rifles, automatics and side arms...then you might have a comment of worth. I do not mean to rude to you but you are not clever, not funny, not grown up. Just cliched and soft. So I reiterate where in Pattaya do they leave from.

Edited by The manic
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, AsiaHand said:

That has to be a good runway at U-Tapao as it was used for The B-52s loaded with 500 pound bombs to use.

It is.  If you ever fly out of U-Tapao you typically walk out onto the tarmac and can get a good look around. They use a jet way that you climb on to the planes with.  compare that with any of the many posts on YouTube showing the place in operation during the Vietnam war is interesting

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Took me 80 minutes to crawl nine kilometres down Suk last week!

The current AirAsia buses allow some extra time to get to U Tapao at weekends, 10 not 80 minutes, but they seem to pretty much avoid Sukhumvit Road. Detailed local knowledge must be key.

On 5/8/2018 at 12:28 AM, The manic said:

It's a new service...how do you know of the quality of the new service? Where to they terminate and depart from Pattaya. If you dont know and just want to preach race hate generalisation based on your own limited experience of travelling....just don't bother. Try crossing the Kyber pass in winter ice with a stoned driver and everybody carrying, rifles, automatics and side arms...then you might have a comment of worth. I do not mean to rude to you but you are not clever, not funny, not grown up. Just cliched and soft. So I reiterate where in Pattaya do they leave from.

Thank you for your lecture - appreciated. What you cannot now is that I am flying very regularly between Udon Thani and U-Tapao and took this "service" as the advertised various taxi is not the spacious London cab but the sardine treatment of a minibus - despite of what is promoted in the arrival hall on the right hand side when coming from the apron. So I happen to share experience here. 

In all fairness I also find it slightly far fetched to compare it with the Khyber pass in Pakistan leading to Afghanistan. It might not be the most befitting comparison as far as distance, regularity and tourism needs are concerned - but here I guess only as I never took the public bus or any other shuttle across the Khyber pass in the last six decades.