Dowry?

Craigee34

4 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:

and yet you post to me about something someone else wrote! some control! lol

Not sure what you are on about as the post shows the original offer nested within the discussion with you.  Perhaps you need new specs if you can afford them!

7 hours ago, AYJAYDEE said:

I'm not interested in what you think its about. but I know what Thais think its about. Do your ears burn when theytalk about you when they think youre not looking?? lol

Why should my ears burn, my conscience is clear. I have many Thai friends, with whom I am honest discussing my feelings; including my counterpart in-law.  He and I enjoy a very good relationship and he thinks of my son as his. Too bad, you cannot even imagine such a relationship 

2 minutes ago, torrzent said:

Not sure what you are on about as the post shows the original offer nested within the discussion with you.  Perhaps you need new specs if you can afford them!

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

To me a reasonable amount of sinsot is a sign of commitment, nothing more nothing less.

I laugh at those who think of it as buying a wife, there is no man rich enough to afford the true value of my wife!!

so talk to 473geo

1 minute ago, smotherb said:

Why should my ears burn, my conscience is clear. I have many Thai friends, with whom I am honest discussing my feelings; including my counterpart in-law.  He and I enjoy a very good relationship and he thinks of my son as his. Too bad, you cannot even imagine such a relationship 

oh I can imagine just fine and what the neighbourhood and relatives are sayin is precious!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:

oh I can imagine just fine and what the neighbourhood and relatives are sayin is precious!

.....and you think they are not saying similar things about mug ferangs coughing up money at will who they have round their little finger. 

Some people choose to live on an honest open relationship where trust and giving is part and parcel of their relationship on a daily basis. They don't need to pay extra to secure a wife in the belief that is gives them some kind of guarantee of acceptance.

So quit looking down your nose at those who choose a different path to yourself as if you somehow have some kind of moral high ground, you don't. You chose your way, other choose and believe theirs. I can assure you Thais laugh at ferangs equally behind their backs irrespective of what you may think. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

.....and you think they are not saying similar things about mug ferangs coughing up money at will who they have round their little finger. 

Some people choose to live on an honest open relationship where trust and giving is part and parcel of their relationship on a daily basis. They don't need to pay extra to secure a wife in the belief that is gives them some kind of guarantee of acceptance.

So quit looking down your nose at those who choose a different path to yourself as if you somehow have some kind of moral high ground, you don't. You chose your way, other choose and believe theirs. I can assure you Thais laugh at ferangs equally behind their backs irrespective of what you may think. 

as its the accepted procedure in the village, no

26 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:
  1 hour ago, 473geo said:

To me a reasonable amount of sinsot is a sign of commitment, nothing more nothing less.

I laugh at those who think of it as buying a wife, there is no man rich enough to afford the true value of my wife!!

so talk to 473geo

Sorry not gonna fight your battles for you.  You're a big boy, go do it yourself!

Just now, torrzent said:

Sorry not gonna fight your battles for you.  You're a big boy, go do it yourself!

not my battle pal. I'm just amazed you decided to argue with him by posting to me!!!! lol

57 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Dowry or SinSod, Its the last big bar fine.

But paid to the parents not the bar, but unlike some bars, the parents wont give you your money back if it all goes wrong.

Also, like some bars, the girl gets a share of the barfine.

Perhaps that farang attitude explains why after a week the Thai lady thinks it's ok to move on :smile:

Maybe it takes a little more than a few baht to make a marriage work?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I am sure I am a constant source of amusement to those who don't figure in my life :smile: but then I am happy :smile:

1 hour ago, torrzent said:

If you have to prove your commitment with this, then your word is not your bond, and is meaningless!  Prove your true commitment with a pre-nup!

Now now you are just being silly taking the sinsot as the be all and end all of commitment.....it's only a start, a small part, a few dollars, nothing to write home about. The real action starts when and how you deliver on expectation.....:smile:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AYJAYDEE said:

so if your in laws asked for it, you'd walk out on your wife and any kids you might have?

How can he have a wife if they haven't even reached the point of paying  sin sod?

In my case, had the family demanded money up front, I'd have told my beloved that I was not giving them anything and said that she was welcome to stay with me, as long as she accepted that, but far away from them.

They only got anything out of me because I bought a lot of stuff for the house, which I was obviously unable to take, and "borrowed" money for the MIL funeral, which they never repaid.

4 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Now now you are just being silly taking the sinsot as the be all and end all of commitment.....it's only a start, a small part, a few dollars, nothing to write home about. The real action starts when and how you deliver on expectation.....:smile:

Since when was 200,000 baht to 500,000 baht only a "few dollars"? Some guys are apparently prepared to pay that much for a young body. I can't imagine they'd pay that if back home, for someone their own age.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How can he have a wife if they haven't even reached the point of paying  sin sod?

In my case, had the family demanded money up front, I'd have told my beloved that I was not giving them anything and said that she was welcome to stay with me, as long as she accepted that, but far away from them.

They only got anything out of me because I bought a lot of stuff for the house, which I was obviously unable to take, and "borrowed" money for the MIL funeral, which they never repaid.

nothing surprises me ................in your case

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Since when was 200,000 baht to 500,000 baht only a "few dollars"? Some guys are apparently prepared to pay that much for a young body. I can't imagine they'd pay that if back home, for someone their own age.

I can

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

It's not mandatory to live in the village. It's not even mandatory to visit the village. Not every farang marries a girl from a village.

he was asking a question of ME so I answered him according to MY situation. not really interested in yours

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As previously posted

Engagement ring minimum 200,000 baht, wedding on groom side, 200,000 baht, honeymoon 200,000 baht

Lovely caring Thai wife - bargain

• Like 1

quitchyabitchin,

this is entirely up to the punter, mamasan, and prostitute to barter about,

each to his own, no bargain has any bearing for the next barter

with entirely new players.

just because a hooker once got paid 10k for a short time doesnt mean

that is the going price, and likewise,

just because a homosexual paid 10 million doesnt mean that is the going price.

some can get a relation free, some can get it for 10 million,

screw and get screwed

AYJAYDEE said:

so if your in laws asked for it, you'd walk out on your wife and any kids you might have?

This is a management problem. Should have all this figured  out before involving marriage and especially "kids". And,No,I have never and would never pay anything. A marriage is a commitment, and yes, I do help out the family. Little bits at a time, so they don't get crazy and go buy something they don't need, just to impress others.

1 minute ago, welovethailand said:
AYJAYDEE said:

This is a management problem. Should have all this figured  out before involving marriage and especially "kids". And,No,I have never and would never pay anything. A marriage is a commitment, and yes, I do help out the family. Little bits at a time, so they don't get crazy and go buy something they don't need, just to impress others.

that doesnt answer the question

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, welovethailand said:

There is merit in your comment, another piece that fits the jigsaw of success, the art of managing improvement on a regular basis without the expense of big ticket items just to impress others.

Edited by 473geo
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So, why did you quote me?

No need to respond, as this is getting to be a PM exchange and I won't be continuing it.

LOL he is new to the internet or maybe more likely a pest and agitator