Thai man claims he lost the ends of two fingers when his mobile phone exploded

webfact

Thai man claims he lost the ends of two fingers when his mobile phone exploded

7pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Consumer protection officials and a team from the government watchdog Damrongtham will today meet with a 61 year old Phayao man who said he was seriously injured when his phone exploded in his hand.

Jan Jiworn from Mae Jai district lost the ends of two fingers in the explosion.

Damrongtham. who has members of the Office of the Consumer Protection Board in its ranks, said yesterday that they will be taking to Jan today to find out what happened and advise him of his legal rights and what help is available to him.

Pictures of Jan bandaged up and a damaged phone were shown in the Thai Rath report.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-08

30 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Looking at his home, I'm more inclined to think it exploded due to bad electrics in the house.

Do you dream a lot? Do you have a tendency to make wild unfounded presumptions? Or maybe you are Psychic. 

Worked in an office in BKK once, one of the offices where everybody had their own cubicle type thing. One afternoon there was, as Ronnie Barker would say ' a buckin fang'  One of the local guys had made his own charger from bits and pieces and lucky for him he had gone for a P when his phone shattered. The dividing panels had bits of phone stuck into them and they would probably have been stuck in him if nature hadn't called.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Looking at his home, I'm more inclined to think it exploded due to bad electrics in the house.

My thoughts also, having seen items melt whilst plugged in... lol... circuit breakers my butt.... and .... I’ve also seen wires stripped back and stuffed straight into sockets, on numerous occasions for various electrical devices (in the case of a phone, I would image that not using an adaptor would super heat the phone..... bang).

that said, if the phone manufacturer were allowed to investigate, I would be interested to know their findings. (And brand!)

4 hours ago, dabhand said:

Lucky for him that the phone wasn't in his pocket when it exploded.

At least it was only the tips of his fingers that he lost....... :whistling:

Phones do not explode, they may however go on fire because of the battery which is why I called this story bull"s

7 hours ago, smedly said:

I called this story bull"s

Go on, say it................ it is bulls hit :smile: 

Could be he lost his fingers chopping the chicken's head off? Got to save face, blame it on the cell/mobile phone?

(Yes, some know these phones as 'mobile' others know them as a 'cell' phone - for the unitinitiated). :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, dabhand said:

Lucky for him that the phone wasn't in his pocket when it exploded.

At least it was only the tips of his fingers that he lost....... :whistling:

Image result for ouch+hands+over+genitals What could have been.

On 8.5.2018 at 4:02 PM, AsiaHand said:

the risk when buying a cheap phone that you have no idea where or who made it or its battery.

On 8.5.2018 at 4:07 PM, over2you said:

Yes. First intelligent comment 

Intelligent? I not believe!!! Just search on Google for "iphone battery explode -bites" or "samsung battery explode" and you will find out that a lot of expensive big name branded mobile phones explode too.

So it is in real a stupid comment!!!

• Thanks 1