Corruption! Rural development fund officer suspected of fraud

webfact

Corruption! Rural development fund officer suspected of fraud

4pm.jpg

Picture INN

A group of relatives in Suphanburi have gone to the Thai media after someone presented fake documents to get 400,000 baht from a development fund to help women find new employment.

There were two falsified documents - each claiming money in the sum of 200,000 baht.

They were in the name of two sisters and countersigned by five relatives each.

All the signatures were fake.

The first the relatives got to hear about it was in a letter to the guarantors demanding the return of the money.

An official of the fund named only as "Nang Noo" is suspected - this person previously committed a million baht fraud.

Investigations continue.

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-09

12 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Thainess

Years ago, we had a neighbor that embezzled B100,000 from a well known bank in Bangkok.  She was fired from her position but that was it. No repayment nor were the police involved. Last we heard, she was working at another large bank in Bangkok.

• Like 2

This is how ancient empires and medieval states functioned

Once in public office of any sort the incumbent was expected to "farm" the population rather than the state paying out an expensive salary.

I expect that it is still quite prevalent in other states adjacent to Thailand,as well.

Up where I lived if you got a government job in the bureaucracy (including that of an 'English' teacher)you had a big party as "happy days are here again"

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

This is how ancient empires and medieval states functioned

Once in public office of any sort the incumbent was expected to "farm" the population rather than the state paying out an expensive salary.

I expect that it is still quite prevalent in other states adjacent to Thailand,as well.

Up where I lived if you got a government job in the bureaucracy (including that of an 'English' teacher)you had a big party as "happy days are here again"

This was certainly the official policy in Thailand as recently as 120 years ago, and has never quite faded out. Public servants were not paid, they were expected to extract their own pay from the public.

Ain't primitive society great? No need for health care, public services, free education, absence of corruption, good law enforcement - they all belong in the stupid and inferior developed world, not here in the most advanced country in the world.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, missoura said:

Years ago, we had a neighbor that embezzled B100,000 from a well known bank in Bangkok.  She was fired from her position but that was it. No repayment nor were the police involved. Last we heard, she was working at another large bank in Bangkok.

She simply had the right qualifications for a position with any bank, obviously.

A so called trainee bankster.

8 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Maybe. One of the biggest unconscious motivators is the need to garner more power and status. The evolutionary paypacket is you get a better class of mate. Thais are ruled by their unconscious motivators, the usua;l role of conscious mind is to filter and modify unconscious urges but the average Thai never gets to that point. It's partly an evolutionary thing and partly learned behaviour (an education thing).

Any population which is not encouraged to modify unconscious urges by past experience (learning) or principles (education) will function more or less on auto-pilot. This is whay many primitive societies are corrupt and dominated by criminals. And it's not only the primitive cultures, in my opinion, this is a major problem with the USA and other societies largely composed of immigrant populations from 'developing' or undeveloped countries (cultures). I imagine I'll get flamed for saying so, but I doubt anyone has a convincing argument to show why it is not correct.

Welcome to Thailand, carefully crafted to appear civilised on the outside, but undeveloped nation to the core.

Ur are spot on mate. you took the words out of my mouth and that's  100%.

8 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

This is why many primitive societies are corrupt and dominated by criminals. And it's not only the primitive cultures, in my opinion, this is a major problem with the USA and other societies largely composed of immigrant populations from 'developing' or undeveloped countries (cultures). 

Extremely well and intelligently explained. (In my opinion, of course)

Sadly a dearth of such logical, well thought out comments around here. (In my opinion of course.) 

6 minutes ago, over2you said:

Extremely well and intelligently explained. (In my opinion, of course)

Sadly a dearth of such logical, well thought out comments around here. (In my opinion of course.) 

Thank you kind sir - on both counts.

Everyone looking up the corruption tree see just how easy it is to get away with it even if banged to rights and the lower down embezzlers probably justify their acts with if I don't then they will and you end up with just about everyone able is on the take. 

1 hour ago, KiwiKiwi said:

It's endemic. Nothing really surprises me about Thailand or Thais any more. I know it sounds dismal, but to be safe, it's as well to assume they're all bent as bedsprings and act accordingly.

And on one website (ranked.com) they are rated as the 94th corrupt Country of the world. Even allowing for the obvious ones. That takes some believing. 5555 Maybe they "bought" their higher (lower) position.