"Fake Thai Smile" garlands girl says sorry for damaging tourism: "It was a hot day!" she tells Big Joke

webfact

19 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Sorry if this has been said already but surely the police, tourist or otherwise have more important priorities than some miserable git so pissed off with her job that she couldn't give a toss.

I can only assume it's about Thailand's reputation as being a good tourist destination. As this could harm their reputation, they feel the need to address it.

"Land of smiles" is a brand they are keen to maintain.

9 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

That's not true.

Loads of School kids smile at me when i go round the markets, with the wife.

Loads of people smile when i go round Thai people's houses,  on social calls.

Loads of staff in shops smile at me , and I smile back. :jap:

Maybe the problem is you,  Or the type of people you hang out with.

Or maybe they just like you  :cheesy: :cheesy::cheesy:

Maybe you look funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How many of you remember when Farangs got a wy & a garland upon arrival at Don Muang?...the smile was sweet then.

On 5/10/2018 at 9:04 AM, webfact said:

When she gets a wad of money she is thrilled and gives a real smile.

This is so common among hospitality workers these days that it's become a cliche.

• 4 months later...
On 5/10/2018 at 10:19 AM, kingkenny said:

This is new??  Actually it is news, why on earth is this employee having to or feeling the need to turn up at a police station and apologise to Joke (very apt name) and Thai society at large?

This is disgusting.

I will tell you what will stop damaging tourism, how about an elected government and an end to military rule, how about a safe society with a fair and just legal system, how about the abolition of dual pricing, how about pristine beaches not full of garbage? I cold go on but I will be at it all day.

I have often thought about what you mentioned Mr kingkenny. But that would be a huge overhaul of the country do you know that? It will make Thailand very expensive for the tourists. Will you still be in Thailand then? I don't think so.

5 hours ago, kingkenny said:

Whilst I am sure I could wrote a lengthy and elequent response to your post addressing each of your comments I am not going to, I am going to suggest you learn the difference between expecting something and wanting something. I said I would happily pay for for a safer, equal society, not I expect it to happen, as I mention I have been here a long time so do not need preaching to about Thailand's follies. 

Sorry, I am always trying to impress even as I am a no body in any social standing.

I guess I am bashing Thailand again especially the government. Well, I was brought to court without a lawyer or defence counsel so that made me very much against the government. I was told to admit guilty and pay the fine failure to do so they threatened to send me to the big prison in Bangkok. This is the part that I cannot take.

Anyway we all have grievances big or small. Have a nice day.

• Like 1

These girls I respect. For once they express their true emotion of their disdain for foreigners and that they aren't really happy in the 'Land of Smiles'. At least be true to yourself and how you are feeling. Good for them for being allowed to have a bad day. All these mindless drones that go on and on about how great Thailand is 24/7 with their fake everything in their lives is just so fake it's sickening. Bravo to these young ladies. 

• Like 2

if the hielarchy were really really serious about it

- then why can we still see the video on Facebook Youtube or whatever? ???? 

or, have they finally realised that this has given them some free advertising...

Edited by tifino