Top immigration cop stresses patience, politeness at Pattaya office

Rimmer

Top immigration cop stresses patience, politeness at Pattaya office

image.png

PATTAYA:--A top regional immigration official inspected the Chon­buri Immigration Office, checking on investigation results and the wording officers used with foreigners.

Pol. Col. Manat Kacha­reewongsa, deputy chief for Immigration Division Region 3, visited the Jomtien Beach office May 4 and had officers and staff retake the division’s oath pledging loyalty to the monarchy, working honestly to help people and follow all orders and regulations.

Moreover, Manat told officers they need to be patient, even in the face of rude foreigners; cope with difficulty, shun corruption, be fair, smart and alert.

He also reviewed the language used by officers in dealing with the public before getting an update on investigations.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-05-11
  • Like 1

fortunately/lucky never had any problems  in that respect  or any other issues obviously reading tv i can see their are/have been cases of   well put it this way possible misdealings

but having said that i have only needed to attened  Sakhon nakon  office outwardly very efficent and legal

4 hours ago, trigpoint said:

Working honestly and following all orders and regulations, that's a joke for a start, they could start by following the law like Bangkok tells them instead of making them up day to day, TM 30 scam , charging for residents certs etc etc.

I remember years ago when the immigration was on Sathorn road down almost to the river.If you went there wearing shorts and flip flops chances are you were the last to be waited on a it could take all day. The next time I went in jeans and a golf shirt,was there about 30 minutes.

10 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

I'm on retirement extension. Service has been good for me in general, only shaken down once for not reporting on time for 90 day, even though I'd been abroad and clock starts over.

I agree, never had a problem with them and posted many "thumbs up" reports. I personally would have pushed back on the 90 shake down. That one is VERY clear. If you have the re-entry stamp dated, they have not a leg to stand on.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I use a agent so the problem is reduced thankfully.

As for the 90 day reporting my number is usually on the board before I set down - course taking a screaming baby helps immensely sometimes ! 

how much does it cost?  which type of extension are you applying for?

[can pm if needed]

I think Jomtien is the best Immigration office in Thailand. I have heard of horror stories about other provinces but I have always had a quick, polite and efficient service at Jomtien. My last retirement extension in April took a whole 15 minutes from walking in to out.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, peterrabbit said:

I think Jomtien is the best Immigration office in Thailand. I have heard of horror stories about other provinces but I have always had a quick, polite and efficient service at Jomtien. My last retirement extension in April took a whole 15 minutes from walking in to out.

My experience also, always friendly and efficient. 

Maybe they should review Chang Wattana, a totally different experience! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peterrabbit said:

47 minutes ago, nakhonandy said:

As I stated here the other day I found it to be a stressful process the last time I did it in January - the bird at desk 8 had it in for me for some reason. 

Here's what I posted the other day, all true.

I have been doing the retirement extension myself for the last 7 years, but my last experience back in February has made me consider using an agent for the next one, it is documented in this forum somewhere but I can't be bothered to go and look for it, anyone who uses immigration in Jomtien will the know the girl on desk 8 that deals with retirement extensions and transferring visas into new passports etc.

In a nutshell she made my renewal very difficult, admittedly I was transferring stuff from my old passport to my new one at the same time, all of a sudden the transfer of visa took 2 days not 1 as I had been informed, as that was a Thursday it meant my extension could not be done until the following Monday, arrived at immigration only to be told that the letter from the bank from the previous week was no longer valid.............. so after jumping through all their hoops and smiling all the while she still scrutinized my bank book and the messages on my phone from the bank that I get every time money goes in or out of my account, and then took an interminably long time in the back office before bringing my passport back with all pages duly stamped.

I don't need that crap to be honest. 

Edited by Golden Triangle

They may not be perfect but my experiences (limited to 30-day extensions, residence certificates, TM30

reporting) have all been smooth and efficient over the years. When I read

of issues at other offices I am happy to be dealing with this office. :wai:

Edited by Ulic

Yes the service here  for me has been exemplary and good for them.

As opposed to what those in Chiangmai are subjected to!

Having to start queuing many hours before the office even opens is ridiculous!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

As I stated here the other day I found it to be a stressful process the last time I did it in January - the bird at desk 8 had it in for me for some reason. 

Here's what I posted the other day, all true.

I have been doing the retirement extension myself for the last 7 years, but my last experience back in February has made me consider using an agent for the next one, it is documented in this forum somewhere but I can't be bothered to go and look for it, anyone who uses immigration in Jomtien will the know the girl on desk 8 that deals with retirement extensions and transferring visas into new passports etc.

In a nutshell she made my renewal very difficult, admittedly I was transferring stuff from my old passport to my new one at the same time, all of a sudden the transfer of visa took 2 days not 1 as I had been informed, as that was a Thursday it meant my extension could not be done until the following Monday, arrived at immigration only to be told that the letter from the bank from the previous week was no longer valid.............. so after jumping through all their hoops and smiling all the while she still scrutinized my bank book and the messages on my phone from the bank that I get every time money goes in or out of my account, and then took an interminably long time in the back office before bringing my passport back with all pages duly stamped.

I don't need that crap to be honest. 

Maybe be you should go in with a better attitude and make sure you have all your paperwork ready and upto date and you will find the girl behind very friendly and most helpful. Last extension in Nov 2017 said lady said that I needed to photo copy a page, when I ask her which she just smile give me ticket and say you pick up passport tomorrow and point to sign on wall saying between 2pm - 3pm, next day I arrive 10 minutes early an sit on chairs she look at me then beckon me to go to desk I point to watch she just wave me up mai pen rai was all she said before give me passport. A most pleasant experience first day in and out in 10 minutes (apoligies to Peterrabbit) She can park her slippers under my bed any time

16 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

As for the 90 day reporting my number is usually on the board before I set down - course taking a screaming baby helps immensely sometimes !

Very disrespectful to all the others who have been waiting to do their 90 day reports, and very harsh on the baby.

Edited by wgdanson

54 minutes ago, a977 said:

Maybe be you should go in with a better attitude and make sure you have all your paperwork ready and upto date and you will find the girl behind very friendly and most helpful. Last extension in Nov 2017 said lady said that I needed to photo copy a page, when I ask her which she just smile give me ticket and say you pick up passport tomorrow and point to sign on wall saying between 2pm - 3pm, next day I arrive 10 minutes early an sit on chairs she look at me then beckon me to go to desk I point to watch she just wave me up mai pen rai was all she said before give me passport. A most pleasant experience first day in and out in 10 minutes (apoligies to Peterrabbit) She can park her slippers under my bed any time

I always adopt a very positive attitude when dealing with immigration, my paperwork is always correct and complete before I arrive, unlike some I am always smartly dressed, freshly showered and shaved, I am polite and always smile, so my attitude and bearing have nothing to do with it, I have had no previous issues with her so I can't explain what happened this time. Maybe she was suffering with girly issues I don't know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now please....!!...missing the real point here.......would there be a close up of the group photo of the wonderful service people in brown ?....Need to get clooser look at the busty hottie in her brown uniform, standing towards the left..:tongue:

On 5/11/2018 at 10:39 AM, Rimmer said:

Moreover, Manat told officers they need to be patient, even in the face of rude foreigners; cope with difficulty, shun corruption, be fair, smart and alert.

Interestingly this what I have experienced with the two offices ( Kap Cheong and Buriram) I have dealt with in the last three and half years. 

The staff is great the process and rules are dumb and outdated.

22 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

Agree with that, a few months back I had to replace my Permanent Resident book because it was full. Arrived with all needed documents, no hello or whatever, just 'come back in 4 days'.

Reality is that preparing the new book (replacement book because old one is full) needs 5 minutes of work to copy the basic details from the first 2 pages from old book to new book. 

The attitude of the two lady officers in that cubicle needs an overhaul also.