Thousands Dead, Hundreds More Dogs Now Dying Due To Scare: Foundation

snoop1130

On 5/11/2018 at 6:44 PM, Samuel Smith said:

"Dalley said the panic prompted an overreacted and poorly considered response.  He said officials convinced people to surrender their pets when normal practice would be to have them kept indoors to first see if any symptoms develop."

8 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

My wife and I have always considered our dogs part of the family and as such get treated with the best  food and care we can provide. The good times with them is priceless. Here they are being treated to a life time vacation. Sunning by the pool, afternoon walks on the beach, sunsets watching the kids surfing out back. That's why the call it a dogs life. I simply can't understand why the people here can't pull this together. A really sad commentary.

P_20171225_182846.jpg

You dogs seem to be longing to go to the other side of this fence and take a piss against those trees..

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

your idea of domesticated and thai idea of domesticated are not the same. most thai domesticated dogs are let to run free. only going home for feedings.. running in packs which we would call wild. domesticated is a loose term for thais

i can assure you many thais have exactly the right idea of what domesticated is. i have friends, neighbours and family who's dogs are treated as any domesticated dog would in the west and exactly as ours are here. many thais do as you pointed out but to say domesticated is a loose terms for thais is none sense. maybe in your neck of the woods and amongst those you know and from what you have seen on the street but thanks for the lesson in what some thais do. i already knew cheers. anyway these points have been made before so read the rest of the thread as don't like to repeat myself

Those who shall be shot are the irresponsible 'humans' who still deliberately abandon dogs or do not take sufficient care of their own pets by providing sterilization.

The overwhelming majority of these people claim to be on the right side and there is no way they will change their mind.  Referring to 'Confucious' ...... those who refuse to learn and pretend their ignorance to be the true refusing to learn and improve, are the lowest kind of 'humanity'. Unfortunately this attitude has plagued Thailand as well as the rest of the world.

Animal groups need to get on board with a better, cheaper way to sterilize male dogs and cats, NON-surgically, costs about 50 baht.   (And, P.S., John Dalley of Soi Dog Foundation and Brigitte Grom of Samui Dog Rescue: the 'abscess' created by the injection is a STERILE abscess--it is NOT infected.  It is only SWOLLEN from normal, healthy inflammation, and the inflammation goes away.) 

Edited by KrishnaCameb4Buddha
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

i can assure you many thais have exactly the right idea of what domesticated is. i have friends, neighbours and family who's dogs are treated as any domesticated dog would in the west and exactly as ours are here. many thais do as you pointed out but to say domesticated is a loose terms for thais is none sense. maybe in your neck of the woods and amongst those you know and from what you have seen on the street but thanks for the lesson in what some thais do. i already knew cheers. anyway these points have been made before so read the rest of the thread as don't like to repeat myself

After WW2, London's dog population was out of control. It was not unusual to see packs of dogs 20 strong chasing across the rubble.

Right now, in my village; I look out of the window and all is quiet. Dogs are sleeping on the road and generally behaving themselves. BUT, at dusk they get together and terrorise anything and anybody that moves. It is truly horrific to see a pack of dogs roaming the sois looking for a victim to rip apart for their evening meal.

Now, people say goats can take care of themselves, but they have disappeared from the scene. And the turkeys also.

Edited by owl sees all
added more
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Right now, in my village; I look out of the window and all is quiet. Dogs are sleeping on the road and generally behaving themselves. BUT, at dusk they get together and terrorise anything and anybody that moves. It is truly horrific to see a pack of dogs roaming the sois looking for a victim to rip apart for their evening meal.

What kind of "victim" would that be, a buffalo, human, chicken, tin of Pal, what?

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

After WW2, London's dog population was out of control. It was not unusual to see packs of dogs 20 strong chasing across the rubble.

Now, people say goats can take care of themselves, but they have disappeared from the scene. And the turkeys also.

troll 

• Sad 1

way too many humans on this planet who just take,consume and waste.

Utter disgrace that today humans still go for the low-hanging fruit ie fish in the sea, wood from the forests.

At this rate we be all living in a blade runner movie growing worms for protein.

All species have just as much right to live on this planet. But as ususl there are a few control freaks who want to exterminate everything in sight of their pot bellies

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What kind of "victim" would that be, a buffalo, human, chicken, tin of Pal, what?

As you know Giddyup, dogs are opportunists. They will eat virtually anything; hence the term 'dog's dinner'.

They will chase down anything that moves. I have taken to wearing my cricket leg-pads when I go out after dark. And I always carry a chog-chog.

'Tin of Pal'; very droll, dry humour there Giddyup. Like it!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

As you know Giddyup, dogs are opportunists. They will eat virtually anything; hence the term 'dog's dinner'.

They will chase down anything that moves. I have taken to wearing my cricket leg-pads when I go out after dark. And I always carry a chog-chog.

'Tin of Pal'; very droll, dry humour there Giddyup. Like it!!

I think you are exaggerating a tad. No village would tolerate packs of starving dogs on the rampage for food, like locusts, eating everything in their path. I call BS on this one.

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I think you are exaggerating a tad. No village would tolerate packs of starving dogs on the rampage for food, like locusts, eating everything in their path. I call BS on this one.

Chan-o-cha stopped the dog-wagons. They would clear the villages of dogs every month. AND, it was good for the villagers as they would get a plastic cup (or similar) and for a really big dog they would get an ice bucket.

As the years have rolled by, the dogs are almost taking over. Of course the villagers fight back. Just the other day we drove 20 dogs out of the village into the woods; but at dusk they returned.

Edited by owl sees all
added more
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

As the years have rolled by the dogs are almost taking over. Of course the villagers fight back. Just the other day we drove 20 dogs out into the woods; but at dusk they returned.

Torches and pitchforks?

13 minutes ago, humbug said:

way too many humans on this planet who just take,consume and waste.

Utter disgrace that today humans still go for the low-hanging fruit ie fish in the sea, wood from the forests.

At this rate we be all living in a blade runner movie growing worms for protein.

All species have just as much right to live on this planet. But as ususl there are a few control freaks who want to exterminate everything in sight of their pot bellies

You are bang on the money there Humbug.

TVforum posters such as ourselves must constantly bang the drum against consumerism and waste; lest the world fall into the 'Blade runner' trap.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, giddyup said:

My village does.  

We have packs of dogs (from the village temple) that break into peoples chicken and duck pens and kill the birds quite regularly.

A few weeks back I watched some dogs chase my neighbours cat into the rice field and start to play with it by throwing it about, chasing each other with it in their mouths and finally ripping the still live cat apart.

My guinea fowl and bantam chickens were all killed off over several weeks.  Even in the newly expensive metal and concrete chicken pen the dogs managed to get into it by ripping the wire off the front.  When we went out at 3 am with torches to chase them off they surrounded us growling and lunged a few times to bite us.  Very scary with their eyes reflecting in the light.  You see a different side to dogs in those situations.

Last year some dogs actually killed a calf at night. I can bet it was the normal temple pack that did it.  

Several years back when I lived in another village, there were 3 dogs that would jump up over a 6ft wall to get into our smallholding and kill the ducks.  Then these same dogs one night attacked and fatally injured one of the more gentle street dogs.. which went to die in my neighbours garden from its wounds.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Torches and pitchforks?

You make it sound so basic. But, I reckon, in a way it is; man against beast.

At my village there are about 50 children and then there is a gap to the more elderly, shall we say. There are very few younger people (20 to 50 age range) that can stand up against the pack. I fear that one day a youngster will get chased and fall over.

The daytime is OK, but at night the snarling and howling keeps us all awake. When the pack catch a victim there is then the in-fighting to establish what dog is going to eat what.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

At my village there are about 50 children and then there is a gap to the more elderly, shall we say. There are very few younger people (20 to 50 age range) that can stand up against the pack. I fear that one day a youngster will get chased and fall over.

The daytime is OK, but at night the snarling and howling keeps us all awake. When the pack catch a victim there is then the in-fighting to establish what dog is going to eat what.

You still haven't said who/what are the victims, wildebeest, caribou, bandicoot?

Just now, giddyup said:

You still haven't said who/what are the victims, wildebeest, caribou, bandicoot?

Well Giddyup, the victim would hardly be an animal that is not about and around the village or the nearby wood (forest). The animals that you speak of, are maybe more at home on an African plain.

Incidentally, when we drove the dogs out into the wood we inadvertently caused a problem as the wood already had its own canine residents; yes you've guessed it a community of wild dogs. The next village along the river, some 10K away, complained that new dogs (from our village) were encroaching on their dog's turf; so to speak.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Well Giddyup, the victim would hardly be an animal that is not about and around the village or the nearby wood (forest). The animals that you speak of, are maybe more at home on an African plain.

Incidentally, when we drove the dogs out into the wood we inadvertently caused a problem as the wood already had its own canine residents; yes you've guessed it a community of wild dogs. The next village along the river, some 10K away, complained that new dogs (from our village) were encroaching on their dog's turf; so to speak.

You still haven't named the "victim". A Bandicoot is from Australia BTW, and Caribou from Canada and northern Europe.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You still haven't named the "victim". A Bandicoot is from Australia BTW.

I'm not really up to speed on where different animals live Giddyup. I know an Emu comes from Ozz, and there are Camels there too. I don't know about Bandicoot; sounded African, related to a Wombat maybe.

Anyway back to village dogs. A short while ago a water business pick-up couldn't get down the road due to the dogs. He had to get out and shout at them to move. Wouldn't dare do that at dusk though. Could get ripped apart by the beasts!!

Edited by owl sees all

Just now, owl sees all said:

I'm not really up to speed on where different animals live Giddyup. I know an Emu comes from Ozz, and there are camels there too. I don't know about Bandicoot; sounded African, related to a Wombat maybe.

Anyway back to village dogs. A short while ago a water business pick-up couldn't get down the road due to the dogs. He had to get out and shout at them to move. Wouldn't dare do that at dusk though. Could get ripped apart by the beasts!!

Still not named "victim". Perhaps like the Aussie dingo, they drag sleeping babies out of their houses?

33 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

My village does.  

We have packs of dogs (from the village temple) that break into peoples chicken and duck pens and kill the birds quite regularly.

A few weeks back I watched some dogs chase my neighbours cat into the rice field and start to play with it by throwing it about, chasing each other with it in their mouths and finally ripping the still live cat apart.

My guinea fowl and bantam chickens were all killed off over several weeks.  Even in the newly expensive metal and concrete chicken pen the dogs managed to get into it by ripping the wire off the front.  When we went out at 3 am with torches to chase them off they surrounded us growling and lunged a few times to bite us.  Very scary with their eyes reflecting in the light.  You see a different side to dogs in those situations.

Last year some dogs actually killed a calf at night. I can bet it was the normal temple pack that did it.  

Several years back when I lived in another village, there were 3 dogs that would jump up over a 6ft wall to get into our smallholding and kill the ducks.  Then these same dogs one night attacked and fatally injured one of the more gentle street dogs.. which went to die in my neighbours garden from its wounds.

Careful they are not what is known as the 'furious' stage of a rabies infection.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Still not named "victim". Perhaps like the Aussie dingo, they drag sleeping babies out of their houses?

I heard that as a problem in some parts of Ozz Giddyup.

Just as a side course; wasn't there a company that did Camel treks across Australia. My mum was thinking of signing up.

They don't, as far as I'm aware, break into westerner's houses and drag either the baby or the parents out to their den to consume them. Although; 'watch this space' on the next unexplained rural farang death.

They do however raid duck farms and will attack young cows and buffaloes. They do not go to our farm as we have over 40 cats. The cats don't like dogs and will gang up on one if it encroaches.

Edited by owl sees all

55 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

My village does.  

And you put up with it? more fool you.

On 11 พฤษภาคม 2561 at 10:17 PM, mommysboy said:

Yeah, but looking at this square on- whose doing the maltreating?  

i would say the control freaks would be doing the mistreating.

Lets just call them the exterminators who cant share a planet with other beings and view animals as profit or pests.

58 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

as I said earlier to someone else, you put up with it?  more fool you. 

24 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I heard that as a problem in some parts of Ozz Giddyup.

Just as a side course; wasn't there a company that did Camel treks across Australia. My mum was thinking of signing up.

They don't, as far as I'm aware, break into westerner's houses and drag either the baby or the parents out to their den to consume them. Although; 'watch this space' on the next unexplained rural farang death.

They do however raid duck farms and will attack young cows and buffaloes. They do not go to our farm as we have over 40 cats. The cats don't like dogs and will gang up on one if it encroaches.

How are your mums bones?  A camel is not a smooth ride, I did a two day trek and walked half the first day and all of the second.

• Like 1