Working on another company's work permit

Hi,

As s business owner, am I able to legally hire a foreigner worker who already has a work permit with another company in Thailand?

This person is European, has a full time job with another company and proper work permit. I would like to hire him on a contract/consult basis in parallel to his full time job. Would he also need a work permit from me? I'm concerned as I need to make sure all employment contracts for my company is correct and legal as we will soon be audited for investment purposes.

I'm at lost to where to find this information. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

2 hours ago, Ginkas said:

If both companies are in the same province his employment with you can be added to the existing Work Permit, with the agreement of the first company.

How does the process work? The first company is ok with it. Do we proceed the work permit application on our end, or it is them who does it?

1 hour ago, Coconuttie said:

How does the process work? The first company is ok with it. Do we proceed the work permit application on our end, or it is them who does it?

Yes you do thats what my 2nd company did, if the primary company agrees, the process is exactly the same. I will add it was Chonburi Labour Office 4 years ago and would think the same applies elsewhere

On 14/05/2018 at 10:04 PM, baansgr said:

Yes you do thats what my 2nd company did, if the primary company agrees, the process is exactly the same. I will add it was Chonburi Labour Office 4 years ago and would think the same applies elsewhere

Thank you for the clarification. Do you know if it means he will take up 1 visa allocation from my company too? Our company has 2 allocations and we're planning to hire more expat.

12 minutes ago, Coconuttie said:

Thank you for the clarification. Do you know if it means he will take up 1 visa allocation from my company too? Our company has 2 allocations and we're planning to hire more expat.

My visa extension at the time was based on marriage, sorry if his current visa/extension is based on his present employment,  I don't know the answer