Israeli forces kill dozens in Gaza as U.S. Embassy opens in Jerusalem

webfact

9 minutes ago, i claudius said:

My father came from Poland and fought for Britain in the war.The Russians took his parents home and business the house is still there but he was never allowed back to reclaim it do you agree he should have been given it back? And the money the Swiss banks kept that his parents deposited also the sawmill that his familly owned. Its the way of the world i am afraid.they have to live with it.they fought Israel and lost. How about getting off their backsides and building a better land .just like Israel has?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sure, rolling over is the way of the world, no one should ever fight for their rights.

7 minutes ago, i claudius said:

My father came from Poland and fought for Britain in the war.The Russians took his parents home and business the house is still there but he was never allowed back to reclaim it do you agree he should have been given it back? And the money the Swiss banks kept that his parents deposited also the sawmill that his familly owned. Its the way of the world i am afraid.they have to live with it.they fought Israel and lost. How about getting off their backsides and building a better land .just like Israel has?

Just like Israel did? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Attempted invasion. You knew what I meant. You're just splitting hairs.

Suppose the IDF just let tens of thousands of angry Gazans through the holes they were trying to cut in the fences. Do you imagine they would be seeking out the nearest cafe for a latte? Come on, now, this was a mob of very hostile "protesters" burning tires to make smoke to camouflage and actively trying to open the border. Close enough to an invasion for government work. A serious threat? No. So as I said before basically a suicide mission with nothing to gain but PR because of all the dead on their own side. Mission accomplished!

Is it possible to 'invade' illegally occupied territory? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Another one confusing the West Bank issues with Gaza. Maybe get back to us when you've caught up. 

Nope, the Gaza barrier is illegal, just like the West Bank barrier.  There is the Green Line, Israeli's are living there and when Palestinians cross into that area you seem to think it justified for Israel to kill them, by your logic it should also be fine for Palestine to kill any and all Israeli settlers that are living over that line, are you OK with that or are you a hopeless hypocrite?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Another one confusing the West Bank issues with Gaza. Maybe get back to us when you've caught up. 

Nope, the Gaza barrier is illegal, just like the West Bank barrier.  There is the Green Line, Israeli's are living there and when Palestinians cross into that area you seem to think it justified for Israel to kill them, by your logic it should also be fine for Palestine to kill any and all Israeli settlers that are living over that line, are you OK with that or are you a hopeless hypocrite?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

President Trump isn't causing anyone's death. These people want to die.

If you want the deaths to stop, tell your arab friends to stop attacking. Israel aint going anywhere. I suggest you listen closely to the kindly compassionate  Pastor John Hagee said at the closing benediction for the opening of the US embassy.  A wonderful, thoughtful, stirring statement. Give it a listen.

Halleluja and Amen to root of all evil. Religion and Religions claiming their capital. Amen!

6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

And what about the lands that belong to the Jewish tribes? Those Romans have a lot to answer for. Or was it the Templars or maybe wars among tribes in the Middle East before Europeans got there? 

It's a phenomenon how people want to got to one point in history to justify their nationalistic claims or blame others.

You just wait and see when the Nativ Americans claim all of their land back, and I mean all of it, because the white man have no right what so ever, and will be put in detention camps if they protest.

Death toll hits 59   61.

NYDN front page is rough....still not clear why Ivanka and Jared are there.

Ivanka: "On behalf of the 45th President of the United States on America"

~ 1:05 of this video...

"On"?

NYDN_DLG.jpg

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You lost me when you said the Gaza barrier is illegal. :stoner:

Name a single country that officially recognizes that border. Even Israel moves it on a whim to swallow up more Gazan territory.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, i claudius said:

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Or they could do what Israel did, fight and win.

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Attempted invasion. You knew what I meant. You're just splitting hairs.

Suppose the IDF just let tens of thousands of angry Gazans through the holes they were trying to cut in the fences. Do you imagine they would be seeking out the nearest cafe for a latte? Come on, now, this was a mob of very hostile "protesters" burning tires to make smoke to camouflage and actively trying to open the border. Close enough to an invasion for government work. A serious threat? No. So as I said before basically a suicide mission with nothing to gain but PR because of all the dead on their own side. Mission accomplished!

Was the international PR to continue to demonize Israel worth it?

I don't think so but I respect that so many have sacrificed their lives basically with only that to gain. 

I’m not splitting hairs.

Killing invaders is not the same thing as killing people who have not invaded.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

He has a point though. It's weird that so many people can't accept the existence of just one small Jewish majority nation when the same people never suggest it is not OK for there to be over 50 Muslim dominated ones. 

Exactly. These people must be bigoted against the Jews.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Antisemitism is alive and well.

Ahhh the old anti-Semitism claim. If this were a thread on U.S. gun regulation then it would be 'now is not the time' or 'guns don't kill people, people kill people. You only have to say you don't like falafels to be called an anti-Semite.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1