Five Chinese tourists in lucky escape as minivan overturns on the way to Pattaya

webfact

Five Chinese tourists in lucky escape as minivan overturns on the way to Pattaya

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A minivan crashed into the central reservation of the Route 7 motorway on its way to Pattaya yesterday.

Five Chinese tourists were shocked but otherwise unhurt and turned down a hospital visit as Sawang Boriboon Pattaya rescue attended the scene.

The accident happened near some construction on the section from Pattaya to Mataphut.

Driver Suriya, 41, said he was taking the tourists from Bangkok to Nong Nuch gardens when a car cut in front of him causing him to lose control.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-15

7 hours ago, mercman24 said:

well it wasnt raining, the brakes worked ok, oh ! lets bring in the invisible car, or the soi dog, ha ha, how about driving like  a <deleted> in road works.

Same as a pickup ended up in the ditch outside my house recently. The driver claimed someone crossed the road in front of him, even though it was late at night and a country road where people rarely walk even in the daytime and there was no-one in sight moments afterwards. Translation: I fell asleep.

Just another man with the mentality of a five year old, unable to accept responsibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Driver Suriya, 41, said he was taking the tourists from Bangkok to Nong Nuch gardens when a car cut in front of him causing him to lose control.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Instead of slowing down, he wrenched the steering wheel to avoid (without diminishing speed)?

6 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Speed control system in all car's and busses now and better driving test 

A driver cam is much more important. All the BS excuses when they are driving and sleeping or reading and texting their phones will be gone ....

Ah, One more example of the Skilful careful drivers of passenger service vehicles

in Thailand.

You are the greatest,   absolutely no chance of loosing your crown 

as the worst drivers on the planet.

Good job boys :bah::bah::bah:.

Ps, Ha Ha, they didn't get the change to blame the tourists for accidents around pattaya. the stupid fools,  couldn't even get them here first,  to hire motor bikes or cars  :cheesy:

Edited by stanleycoin

Things are improving...

Could have been worse, "Five Chinese tourists in lucky escape as 12 seater minivan overturns on the way to Pattaya,    ...other 31 passengers not so lucky".

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, mercman24 said:

well it wasnt raining, the brakes worked ok, oh ! lets bring in the invisible car, or the soi dog, ha ha, how about driving like  a <deleted> in road works.

There has been rain in the area every afternoon for a week or more now.

Wonder how another car could go fast enough to cut in front. 

22 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Speed control system in all car's and busses now and better driving test 

This in my opinion happened because the minivan driver moved to the right to block the car in the right lane with the camera from passing, typical Thai drivers, and I know the exact spot that this happened.

Bet you my left one he had his eyes with his ego in the mirror saying to himself, your not going to pass me, mines bigger than yours, som nam nah

• Like 1

Those van drivers think they own the road, I encounter many on my ride on my bike back and too to Khonkaen, They even pull over into the hard should oblivious to any bikes to get to the front of the lights, many times I have had to brake hard to avoid them usual I anticipate their actions.

• Like 2

Those van drivers think they own the road, I encounter many on my ride on my bike back and too to Khonkaen, They even pull over into the hard should oblivious to any bikes to get to the front of the lights, many times I have had to brake hard to avoid them usual I anticipate their actions.
Yes they really are some of the worst...very dangerous and arrogant.