12 year old motorcycle rider killed in Wichit after head crushed by tour bus

webfact

12 year old motorcycle rider killed in Wichit after head crushed by tour bus

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_7566.jpg

Wichit Police have been notified about an accident at 4:40pm yesterday (May 15) on Chao Fa–Suanluang Road, opposite a furniture mall near Naka Jor Su Kong Shrine in Wichit.

Police, along with medical staff and rescue workers arrived at the scene to find a Honda motorbike in the middle of the road. Nearby was the body of 12 year old Chinnarat Kajatroka, a student at the Municipality 2 Baan Kathu School.

Chinnarat was wearing a red jacket and black shorts. He was covered with blood and his head had been critically injured. His remains were taken to Vachira Hospital in Phuket Town.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/12-year-old-motorcycle-rider-killed-in-wichit-after-head-crushed-by-tour-bus

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-05-15
  • Haha 1

Phuket student, 12, crushed by tour bus

Eakkapop Thongtub

1526355038_1-org.jpg

Chinnarat Kajutroka, 12, a student at Tessaban 2 Kathu School, died after he was crushed by the tour bus. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A 12-year-old boy has died after his head was crushed by a tour bus in a motorbike accident south of Phuket Town yesterday afternoon (May 14).

Officers from the Wichit Police were called to the scene of the accident, on the unnamed road near the Naka Shrine in Wichit (see map below), at 2:20pm.

At the called to the scene officers arrived to find a Honda Scoopy motorbike in the middle of the road and the body of Chinnarat Kajutroka, 12, a student at Tessaban 2 Kathu School.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-student-12-crushed-by-tour-bus-67121.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-05-15
  • Like 1

No doubt they were going hammer and tongs down the road racing their mates,correct me if i am wrong but i thought 15 was the legal age to ride a motorbike. I remember one day coming back from Phetchabun,we reached a town called Nong Pai,roughly half way to home,school was finishing and a veritable flood of students came out on motorbikes,a cop was there stopping traffic,barely a helmet to be seen and many kids were under 15,or looked it,the cop did nothing,as the kids would not have any money he could get .

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

His parents should be charged with "Child Abuse" and sentenced to the maximum the law allows. 

not a bad idea..and the police should be charged with negligence....this is just absolutely sad and the bottom line is it will happen many more times again because this country considers this kind of thing as the norm and just doesn't give a shit

• Thanks 1

RIP the Kid at 12 in Thailand they are too dumb to know what is right from wrong.

Lock up the Parents because they are even dumber and have not taught their Child right from wrong, even though they do know the difference !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

As much as I like to criticize, consider that in a family where both parents must work, or there is a single parent, there is no other way of getting the child to school. It's not right, but I can understand why a kid would take a motorbike to school.  I rode my bike to school starting at age 8 and had to navigate some heavy traffic and did not wear a bike helmet.

of course there is another way! as a responsible adult the parent/s should arrange for a responsible adult to take the child to school on their bike and ensure the child wears all necessary safely equipment/clothing.

or the parents get together with other parents and arrange suitably safe transport for their children to school.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

His parents should be charged with "Child Abuse" and sentenced to the maximum the law allows. 

Problem here there no law, Idon't like kids riding bikes on roads, but no Thai gives a .... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1