Double Parking in Pattaya

JRThailand

TiT. Been ages since I found a 100% match for that old gem. Thais, the uberlords of the universe, are allowed to park anywhere they please, if they are feeling merciful towards the lower lifeforms they may in their grace put the hazards on.

• Haha 2

Anytime a motorbike blocked me in, I have always personally removed it and left it out on the road. back in the UK, it has happened occasionally with cars, it is one thing I have never tolerated, and there were always consequencies.

35 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Anytime a motorbike blocked me in, I have always personally removed it and left it out on the road. back in the UK, it has happened occasionally with cars, it is one thing I have never tolerated, and there were always consequencies.

I did this many times a dozen years ago in Hua Hin .  My Phantom would lean to the left on the prop stand and then someone would park so close there was no room to bring the bike upright. If the offending machine had the steering locked I would wheel it out to the middle of the road and ride off.  But yep , cars that park in the middle of the road because the driver is too damn lazy to walk 20metres ! AGH !!

2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I did this many times a dozen years ago in Hua Hin .  My Phantom would lean to the left on the prop stand and then someone would park so close there was no room to bring the bike upright. If the offending machine had the steering locked I would wheel it out to the middle of the road and ride off.  But yep , cars that park in the middle of the road because the driver is too damn lazy to walk 20metres ! AGH !!

That many people did it when I was back in the UK, so many that I carried bits of paper and glue in my car all the time then wrote a note and stuck it at eye view on their windscreen, then as they were trying to scrape it off, I would walk straight up to them and laugh in their face, I sure enjoyed that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Ticketed AND towed.

Never gonna happen.

It happens a couple times a week on Pattaya Tai ... on market days.  Ticketed and booted if cars are parked on the wrong side of the street. 

5 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I love the quote " Thais don't park. They just stop driving"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, possum1931 said:

In the UK they are leaving the car unlocked and the keys in there for you to do it?

Personally, here in Thailand, if the steering is not locked, I feel they gave some consideration and will push it out of the way,  extricate my bike, and then push the other one back in. 

Edited by jacko45k