Disgraceful Language for a Public Place

Seashore

What do you expect? Thais have absolutely no idea and care even less about foreign culture and foreign attitudes. Very little interest in properly engaging....

....And that's what happens when a country becomes xenophobic.

I'm sorry, but it is true. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Juan B Tong said:

Big Bird has voluntarily apologized for his inappropriate sign which has negatively affected the world wide image and reputation of the Thai military and police and other Thai muppets

xbig-bird.gif.pagespeed.ic.eh0LSbyfJE.png

No good, he didn't apologize to society...

While I doubt that Thai youth have any comprehension of these words and phrases, it is still highly offensive to those of us who do.

The same goes for images of Hitler and swastikas that they seem to proudly display.

• Like 2

Ok, just ignore the kanji tattoos, stickers, and shirts popular in many western countries, or the blatant cultural appropriation and stereotyping in movies, because they can't possibly be offensive to other cultures. Sorry if it doesn't fit the narrative that the west is more cultured and aware.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

Ok, just ignore the kanji tattoos, stickers, and shirts popular in many western countries, or the blatant cultural appropriation and stereotyping in movies, because they can't possibly be offensive to other cultures. Sorry if it doesn't fit the narrative that the west is more cultured and aware.

Yes, ignorance across cultures is of course worldwide. You can see all sorts of funny uses of the English language in China [eg on the Great Wall outside Beijing: "Heart cerebral disease sufferer ascend the Great Wall to please watch for"]. And Westerners in Thailand offend Buddhist sensibilities every day of the year ...

its only offensive to thais when they are capable of reading it or understanding what it actually means, some of the wording on shirts they wear is laughable, saw one young teenage girl wearing a t shirt with "I luv to suck c*cks" written across it, how her parents would let her buy/ wear it is beyond me but would have to guess that they and her had no idea what it said/meant.

• Haha 1

it's just an art piece for an ongoing art exhibition. 

lighten up please. 

Did the op even read accompanying literature or just wanted to flag his topic red? 

The exhibition is at ploenchit central embassy and the artist is Japanese 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BMW Overlander said:

If you think that is bad, how about this t-shirt.....I've seen teenage Thai wearing it in Phuket.

Probably he has no clue what it means.

jesus-is-a-cunt2.jpg

Grammatically incorrect, but I'd still wear it (prefer it was on the front though).

It certainly is rather unbelievable to see "art work" available to the public that contains profanity, as well as people wearing T-shirts in public areas that are profane.   As per the following forum rule, this topic is now closed. 

Posting Content & General Conduct

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

//Closed//