Newly reopened Soi SCC already full of potholes

Rimmer

Newly reopened Soi SCC already full of potholes

image.png

PATTAYA:--Despite being closed for three years for resurfacing and repair, Soi Siam Country Club already has been pockmarked by potholes needing urgent repair.

A work crew was out at the Soi SCC intersection with Sukhumvit Road May 9 where the road’s surface was akin to that found on the moon with many flooding-caused craters.

Flabbergasted residents said they couldn’t believe the recently finished roadwork was so shoddy the street already needed repairs.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-05-20

12 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Flabbergasted residents said they couldn’t believe the recently finished roadwork was so shoddy the street already needed repairs.

Really??

Local contractors could not make a road to contract specifications?  Wow that surprises me!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chang_paarp said:

Really??

Local contractors could not make a road to contract specifications?  Wow that surprises me!

I closely observed the construction a road up where I lived-a new mooban was being planned-and it was absolutely no surprise to me that 12 months later it looked like a twisted pretzel complete with the obligatory craters euphemistically described as "potholes"

They would have been better off if they had used 'Weet-Bix'

That is because out of two reasons:

Out on the country side they both steal the funds and lack the knowledge how to build a good road.

In the cities they have the knowledge, but they still steal or embezzle the funds for the repair.

• Like 1

How about a review of who got rich with this debacle

This is the sort of thing that the Central government needs to get involved in, when you have state officials stealing funds meant as welfare payments to the old and needy it is pretty obvious what is going on when resurfacing a road - this is corruption 101

A full audit needs to be carried out to see whos uncle just bought a massive Villa in Florida

It's taken over five months to put in drains (AKA mosquito breeding pools) on the 250 metre stretch from Suk to my moo-ban.  Keeping my fingers crossed it will still be serviceable in July for my family to visit.

2 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Really??

They hire the same contractor to do the repairs, never ending business. ?

14 minutes ago, keithcresswell said:

Sounds like fake news as the photo shows an area that wasn't part of the newly laid road.

I tend to agree, all the new construction AFAIK is cement.

Edited by sungod

For decades 30 % of all budgets  for any work contracts go straight  into the pockets of corrupt officials and politicans.

The remaining money is given to a contractor possibly related to one of the officials and cheap materials  or none at all are used to bring the costs within budget.

Hence the lousy work. Thais are more than capable of doing a good job but the budget doesnt allow for it.

When they decided to make 1317 coming out of Chiang Mai city to San Kamphaeng 4 lanes instead of 2, I told me wife that in a year they would be back, filling in the pot holes.  I was wrong.  It only took 4 months for them to start doing that. 

Edited by Just1Voice
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

To be honest I'm just waiting for all the condo buildings to start falling down.

7 hours ago, mok199 said:

correct...it will be raining concrete ...

Those in City Hall are hoping for the same regarding the "Waterfront development" down at Bali Hai.......:blink:

• Haha 1